Options

Which direction to go with logo

2»

Comments

• Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2007
    Ann,

I still go back to my original advice that you should mock up your page in PS, and work through all of the design issues there. It really, really helped me to not have to worry about two levels of problem.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Ann, if you'd like to work with me this week, I can work up some logos & color schemes with you? ear.gif

Ann,

Take Andy up on this. He's got a good and well-trained eye (he's worked on a lot of themes!)
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2007
    Sorry - I missed this post apparently.

andy - you are waaaaay too busy too worry about my logo. I do not mind plugging along, but do appreciate specific feedback.

As far as this week goes - my evenings are pretty free cuz we are between soccer seasons, but I was hoping to go shoot something for LPS2.

Andy, only, ONLY, if you have time.
    ann
    Andy wrote:
    Ann, if you'd like to work with me this week, I can work up some logos & color schemes with you? ear.gif
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2007
    Hi David

I know this is sound advice, but I am afraid that if I did that without the feedback I get by being more public, I'd be so far out in left field I wouldn't know how to get home.

Going at this the way I have has actually not been painful and I have learned a bunch. It has also forced me to make some decisions that I have put off way too long.

I need to be proactive in securing some soccer team photos for outdoor season - rather than have a tonne of last minute requests. So I am putting prices out there, and sending links to everyone I've sold to in the past.

ann
    DavidTO wrote:
    Ann,

I still go back to my original advice that you should mock up your page in PS, and work through all of the design issues there. It really, really helped me to not have to worry about two levels of problem.
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2007
    Ann McRae wrote:
    Hi David

I know this is sound advice, but I am afraid that if I did that without the feedback I get by being more public, I'd be so far out in left field I wouldn't know how to get home.

hmmm. Maybe. I posted my mock-up for critique. Anyway, we all do these things differently.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2007
    Ann McRae wrote:
    So lets break the problem apart:
    1. Is it the font that you dislike?
    2. Is it the monogram?
    3. Is it the color of the logo?
    4. Is it the color of the page? (look at the soccer page to see the logo on green)
    Yeah, Ann - it all seemed too my-spacey. I tend to be a bit more conservative. And I've learned that "less is more."

Have you got other colors you like?
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2007
    Okay = here is what I like (in general, not in particular about where the logo is now)

I like script fonts, but realize they need to be readable.
    I prefer color to black or white.
    I like most colors, but the richer the better.
    Of the available themes, I like spoonman, blue, green, orange, sand, old family album.....I do not like the ones with alot of graphics (although I do wish there were a soccer theme)

When I began this process I thought I'd do really plain white, but as it evolved I grabbed color. And, I am liking it.

Finally, Andy, I'm not even committed to calling it Ann McRae Photography...although lots of local people have that in their head.

I'm late for work - talk to you soon.

ann
    Andy wrote:
    Yeah, Ann - it all seemed too my-spacey. I tend to be a bit more conservative. And I've learned that "less is more."

Have you got other colors you like?
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2007
    Is this the right road to travel?
    http://canadian-ann.smugmug.com/
    I know there is issues with color scheme still, but can you visualize something along this line working?

ann