New Dgrin Header and New Style!

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    And here I thought you liked using yellow headscratch.gif
    I do LOVE YELLOW as long as it doesn't remind me of changing diapers...:D

So no grey poupon (poop on) for me sir :D......

I like really bright bold colorswings.gif or really dark colors.....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2007
    Andy....I asked about updating the banner awhile back, and was happy to see it finally happen!clap.gif

However I have looked at every photo linked to the banner, and none of them are mine! I find this to be a terrible blow to my ego! I was sure you would be posting one or more of my images! But nooooooooo! Oh well, I guess I'll just have to live with it!

:D
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2007
    Jeffro wrote:
    Andy....I asked about updating the banner awhile back, and was happy to see it finally happen!clap.gif

However I have looked at every photo linked to the banner, and none of them are mine! I find this to be a terrible blow to my ego! I was sure you would be posting one or more of my images! But nooooooooo! Oh well, I guess I'll just have to live with it!

:D
    Right now, the banner images are drawing from the Dgrin Challenge winners gallery, and the last two photographer of the year galleries.

Of course, you can enter in our Contests and the best of the images could be chosen for header images, too thumb.gif
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2007
    Switched to "sand" and love it.

I also love the new banner shots, and I especially like the fact that you used the submissions to the Photographer of the Year contests. This is a new take on selecting these shots because everyone chose his/her favorites.

Was there some automation in the square cropping?
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,192 moderator
    edited March 13, 2007
    I would like to propose the new "Sand" theme be renamed Creamy Buttered Pasta.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 13, 2007
    rutt wrote:
    They're all BZT'ed, so yeah.

If I may, one comment about sand creamy buttered popcorn pasta: I dig the colors, but I don't dig that it stretches everything out vertically. The title bars are bigger, and each post box is bigger. Even on my 15" macbook screen, it only fits about 2 posts; dgrin black fits 3 (all posts shorter than the avatar stuff).
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    cabbeycabbey Registered Users Posts: 1,053 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2007
    Dee wrote:
    In your screen grab the type looks much more readable than what I see in FF on my Mac. Is there an option to make the type larger?

Andy mentioned the temporary cmd-+ option to increase it, if you want to permanently adjust it for everywhere, see Preferences, Content, Fonts & Colours. The Advanced button will bring up a great screen that has a "minimum font size" section. I have mine set to 10 on this machine, 18 on my high res disaplay at work.
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
    http://wall-art.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2007
    Thanks Cabbey!
    cabbey wrote:
    Andy mentioned the temporary cmd-+ option to increase it, if you want to permanently adjust it for everywhere, see Preferences, Content, Fonts & Colours. The Advanced button will bring up a great screen that has a "minimum font size" section. I have mine set to 10 on this machine, 18 on my high res disaplay at work.

I'm not so sure I'm grokking this "skin" theme at all. But then, I'm really fussy. Think I'll go back to white. The only problem with white is that many people will choose white or yellow as their text color and I can't see it unless I highlight it.

It was interesting to see the other wild and crazy "skins" or themes, the creator of this skin or theme had on the site.

I wonder how many others are out there that might be professional, yet easy to read and with prettier colors?
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2007
    White theme, or whitewash...
    Wow, I can read again, without having to command + to make the text larger. Thank heavens someone is kind to aging nearsighted eyes! :D
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2007
    David_S85 wrote:
    How do you switch to it headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited March 14, 2007
    gus wrote:
    Gus...Look at the very bottom of the page....there be a little box with a drop down with all of the themes.......thumb.gifD:Dthumb.gif If your set ot a black theme that little white box will say "GALLERY BLACK"

Hope this helpped
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,192 moderator
    edited March 14, 2007
    gus wrote:

Bottom of the screen, little drop-down dealy and click "Sand" where Creamy Buttered Pasta should be.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    edited March 14, 2007
    David_S85 wrote:
    Bottom of the screen, little drop-down dealy and click "Sand" where Creamy Buttered Pasta should be.

Andy and I discussed this earlier...it really should be ..........BABY SH** YELLOWwings.gifD:D:D......HE DID NOT AGREE HOWEVER.rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

• Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2007
    David_S85 wrote:

Leave it to you to color the text in a color that is illegible in the new Sand theme.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited March 14, 2007
    Ok ta guys..tried it & went back to original flavour quickly.
  • Options
    BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2007
    gus wrote:
    Ok ta guys..tried it & went back to original flavour quickly.
    Likewise ...

Aha, I see the striped Gus in the picture bar :D

Strange about the guy who doesn't want his pic in there :crazy
  • Options
    edited March 14, 2007
    BigAl wrote:
    Likewise ...

Aha, I see the striped Gus in the picture bar :D

Wait till you see the next portrait mate...even the family is looking at me strange with this one !
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited March 14, 2007
    Art Scott wrote:
    Andy and I discussed this earlier...it really should be ..........BABY SH** YELLOWwings.gifD:D:D......HE DID NOT AGREE HOWEVER.rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif
    Nah that'd require a bit more green.

I rather like the black, but the sand seems to be a bit more "modern" in it's layout subtleties. Anywho it's nice to have options.

FYI: I'm honored to have images in the header.
  • Options
    edited March 14, 2007
    rutt wrote:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=26959&highlight=bulk+zoom+thumbnail

thumb.gif
  • Options
    JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2007
    David_S85 wrote:

:pissed Now I'm hungry again...
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2007
    Nearly
  • Options
    richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2007
    I like the new header and styles. Do you get a prize if you line up four of the same images?
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2007
    richW wrote:
    I like the new header and styles. Do you get a prize if you line up four of the same images?
    PHOTOSHOP !!! at least mine was real because andy knows i dont know how to do that in CS2.

lol3.gif
  • Options
    richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2007
    gus wrote:
    PHOTOSHOP !!! at least mine was real because andy knows i dont know how to do that in CS2.lol3.gif
    Remember, you won the Camera and I won Photoshop. I really need to get a life...:D
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2007
    richW wrote:
    Remember, you won the Camera and I won Photoshop.
    rolleyes1.gif I'd forgotten about that actually. Hell that camera gets a work out though.
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hello Pete. Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that you are nearly flipping out. Pete, our rules state that we can use the image in the manner that we've just done. Nevertheless, we are not evil, and I have removed your photo from the competition gallery, though for the life of me I can't understand why having your wonderful work exposed in such a manner could ever be bad.

I hope this helps.

Andy:

The photo is still there!

http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/2241567#118537598

So was it just removed temporarily? Really-- I don't want it used and if it was just removed PERMANENTLY I'd quite whining and get on with other projects.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    edited March 27, 2007
    dogwood wrote:
    Andy:

The photo is still there!

http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/2241567#118537598

So was it just removed temporarily? Really-- I don't want it used and if it was just removed PERMANENTLY I'd quite whining and get on with other projects.
    Pete, I don't know what happened. I deleted it when I said I did. I just deleted it again now.

I'm sorry we upset you so much about this. You don't have to worry it is gone from the gallery.
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2007
    just saw this thread-

new header's neat-

I don't know that you really need to keep rotating pics-

what pics you have in the header shown at the first of this thread is just fine-
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2007
    gefillmore wrote:
    just saw this thread-

new header's neat-

I don't know that you really need to keep rotating pics-

what pics you have in the header shown at the first of this thread is just fine-
    I rather like the rotating shots, variety is good.
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    I rather like the rotating shots, variety is good.

oh well-

the bw of the trees just seemed to set it off just right-