Just a few snapshots of my sons

elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
edited March 18, 2007 in People
Howdy folks!
I'm at work right now, pullin' off another nightshift. Quite easy goin' actutally, can't complain, and I'm sitting here surfin' on my laptop, glancing through my pictures on Smugmug, old and new. I really long for my two sons Liam and Elliot. Haven't met them to much this week, been working alot. It's great though, having all this images of them, so I can sit here and atleast look at them with this silly smile on my face, that only a longing parent can show off. Haha! Anyway, thought I post a few, just for the fun of it.

Regards / Matty

This is my youngest son Elliot, 2 year in April. I snapped this one morning on our way to daycare. I call it "Vardagsångest", dunno how to translate it correctly, but something like "Weekday anxiety". Mostly, he enjoy it very much, but there is also these mornings when he really really doesn't want to go. But - well there meeting all his friends, there is no time to say good bye to daddy.

124184832-O.jpg

This is my oldest son Liam, 4 year in september. Snapped this a few days ago - and just as I did something struck me. Perhaps I've takin' my family documenting a little too far, haha, because nowadays when Liam spots me taking pictures of him, he strike poses, then when he hear the shutter, he goes "lemme see, daddy! Lemme see!" Haha!

135690826-O.jpg

We have this "tradition" that everytime we've been away swimming we stop by at McDonalds on our way home. Do I need to tell ya they just love it? Haha! Elliot in particular, he is a true Hamburger connoisseur, he is really passionated about it.

124184818-O.jpg

124184155-L.jpg

Oh yes, he has this passion for meatballs too:
135691001-L.jpg

One morning at breakfast, Liam was very, you know, full of energy and he was every over the place all the time, if you know what I mean? I told him to sit still and stop waving with his arms - "because you ARE gonna whipe something off the table soon!" "No, daddy! I'm not!" So, suddenly he knocks out his glas of water. The glass didn't break. Fast as the lightning, he put it back on the table, pretending that it had never happend. But looking at the pool of water, he soon realized that he was busted. Haha!

135690827-O.jpg

So, tell me, how do ya like Elliots "Gällivare-häng"? Haha! It's a swedish expression for the way the pants are hanging. Gällivare is a place far up north in Sweden, and the expression origins from how the hillbillys dress up there, you know, tons of moist snuff, jeans hanging low and of course clogs. Haha! You know the type, huh? :D

135690979-O.jpg

This is Elliot and his all time high favorite item - his kitten. He just loves it and is seldomly seen without it. If you squeeze it a little, it meows. His love for it is touching. Hihi!

135690992-L.jpg

This afternoon, me and the boys was out playing in the park, basking in the lovely early spring sun. Here Liam is trying to help Elliot up to take a ride in the... in the... the.... heck, I have no clue what they call it, not even in Swedish! You know, it's two poles, ca 20 meters from eachother, with a cable between, and a swing connected to the cable on bearings.... man, this was tricky to explain! Haha! Well. if you know what i mean you know what I mean, and if you don't.... well - never mind.

136153526-O.jpg

We strolled around in "Mulleskogen", that's the "Daycare term" for a small wood area in the outskirt of our neighborhood that they use to visit when they're out playing. Suddenly, Elliot and Liam sat down with their backs towards me, having this "we're not up to something, dad"-aura around them.

136154837-O.jpg

Instinctively knowing that they we're up to "something" I walked around them and yes - there was "something" going on. They had found a small cavity in the rock, full of very muddy water, and course they were already sprinkled with that muddy water. Haha! Kids!

136155971-O.jpg

Ok! End of this "child pic terror". Now I'll grab a sandwich, then I'll try to get some sleep. Oh, I did meantion that I'm at work, didn't I? Siiigh! :D :wink

Regards / Matty

Comments

• photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2007
    These are phenomenal! My favorites are the first two and the last two, but they are all awesome.

Wonderful job capturing their personlities! And just awesome shots!!!
  • Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2007
    Fantastic! Great series. And the first one just rocks so hard it hurts!!!
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • frgfrg Registered Users Posts: 583 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2007
    15524779-Ti.gif absolutely rocks!!! beautiful picture
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited March 15, 2007
    That first is priceless.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2007
    clap.gif If only everyone's "snapshots" were as QUALITY as yours!

Why don't you work as a photographer?
  • KattKatt Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited March 15, 2007
    These photos are Classic!!

I absolutely love the drama of the first one and second would be the cool dude, pants hanging low lol.

All of them are great.
  • WrenTheBlurryWrenTheBlurry Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2007
    Fantastic series! I love well done kid shots. My favorites are the ones of Elliot with his pants hanging down, and those of him eating the meatballs, hahahaah. Good stuff, thanks so much for sharing!!

happy day,

wren
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2007
    the first one is fantabulous.

i'm guessing the quote is "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

Amazing shot, also just LOVE the spilled milk one, and the story behind it.
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • PunkybethPunkybeth Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2007
    Wow!
    These are great shots! Absolutely LOVE them! iloveyou.gif
    Robyn T. Lisone
    MUTTography - Modern and Fun Lifestyle Pet Photography
    MUTTography | My SmugMug | Facebook | Google+

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2007
    Matty, awesome as usual clap.gif The first one and last two are great as mentioned above, but I also like the Gällivare-häng photo. For some reason his face seems to fit what I expect, it's hard to explain though.
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited March 15, 2007
    these are all great!-

I love the spotlighted one from above-
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2007
    Matty,
    You stroke again! bowdown.gif
    Definitely not the typical ubiquitous kid shots. thumb.gif
    I seriously enjoyed them! deal.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2007
    Oh, Mattis!
    And you call them shapshots?????

No, No and once again NO!

MASTERPIECES

Yuri
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2007
    Perhaps they are snapshots but the first photo belongs in the gallery of fine art! bowdown.gif
  • elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2007
    Thank you, photogmomma! :smooch
    These are phenomenal! My favorites are the first two and the last two, but they are all awesome.

Wonderful job capturing their personlities! And just awesome shots!!!
    edited March 17, 2007
    Thank you, Shay! Haha! Elliot really knows how to express his feelings! He's got it from his mom, I'll tell ya! mwink.gif

Matty
    Fantastic! Great series. And the first one just rocks so hard it hurts!!!
    edited March 17, 2007
    Thank you, Ian! thumb.gif
    ian408 wrote:
    That first is priceless.
    edited March 17, 2007
    Thank you, Owen! I would like to one day, but I'm the kind that never feel confident and good enough. I think that if money comes in to the picture, I would find myself awake all nights, worrying that my cutsomers isn't gonna be happy with the result. Stupid reasoning, I know... I hope I'll get over that some day.

Matty
    Owen wrote:
    clap.gif If only everyone's "snapshots" were as QUALITY as yours!

Why don't you work as a photographer?
    edited March 17, 2007
    Thank you very much, Kat! thumb.gif
    Katt wrote:
    These photos are Classic!!

I absolutely love the drama of the first one and second would be the cool dude, pants hanging low lol.

All of them are great.
    edited March 17, 2007
    Thank you, wren! Hihi! I like the "meetball"-pic too - it's just so much Elliot! Stuffing himself so he almost faint! :D

Matty
    Fantastic series! I love well done kid shots. My favorites are the ones of Elliot with his pants hanging down, and those of him eating the meatballs, hahahaah. Good stuff, thanks so much for sharing!!

happy day,

wren
  • windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2007
    incredible! all are a joy to look at, Elliots "Gällivare-häng" is just wonderful IMHO!!!!!

troy
    edited March 17, 2007
    Thank you, urbanaries! Yes, you're absolutely right! You're the first one to crack it. Atleast the first one to meantion it. clap.gif Cool!

Matty
    urbanaries wrote:
    the first one is fantabulous.

i'm guessing the quote is "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

Amazing shot, also just LOVE the spilled milk one, and the story behind it.
    edited March 17, 2007
    Thank you, thank you! thumb.gif
    Punkybeth wrote:
    These are great shots! Absolutely LOVE them! iloveyou.gif
    edited March 17, 2007
    Haha! Thank you, Ivar! Yes, I think I know what you mean - I see it too! :D And it´s sooo Elliot!

Matty
    ivar wrote:
    Matty, awesome as usual clap.gif The first one and last two are great as mentioned above, but I also like the Gällivare-häng photo. For some reason his face seems to fit what I expect, it's hard to explain though.
    edited March 17, 2007
    Thank you, George!
    gefillmore wrote:
    these are all great!-

I love the spotlighted one from above-
    edited March 17, 2007
    Thank you, Nikolai! bowdown.gif
    Nikolai wrote:
    You stroke again! bowdown.gif
    Definitely not the typical ubiquitous kid shots. thumb.gif
    I seriously enjoyed them! deal.gif
    edited March 17, 2007
    Thank you, Yuri! Haha! Naa, the pics are just snapshots, but the kids, they are my masterpieces! mwink.gif

Matty
    And you call them shapshots?????

No, No and once again NO!

MASTERPIECES

Yuri
    edited March 17, 2007
    Thank you, Ted! thumb.gif
    Perhaps they are snapshots but the first photo belongs in the gallery of fine art! bowdown.gif
    edited March 17, 2007
    Thank you! Haha! That pic is just SOOO Elliot! :D

Matty
    windoze wrote:
    incredible! all are a joy to look at, Elliots "Gällivare-häng" is just wonderful IMHO!!!!!

troy
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2007
    Great series. I thoroughly enjoyed them.