The results will be delayed...sorry

Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
edited April 3, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Sorry for the delay, I don't have an ETA right now, the tabul-o-tron 2000 seems to be stuck. We are currently trying to repair it. It might not be till morning.

:cry:cry:cry
Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
"Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2007
    No worries
    Sorry for the delay, I don't have an ETA right now, the tabul-o-tron 2000 seems to be stuck. We are currently trying to repair it. It might not be till morning.

Take your time, guys, it's not like we're waiting... mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • rgbivensrgbivens Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2007

Man... I saw a thread with 'Results' in the title and got all excited...

-Grant
    Cameras: Nikon D200 w/grip, Nikon D70, Samsung NV11
    Lenses: Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Nikkor 17-80mm f/3.5-4, Nikkor 70-300mm f/3.5-5.6, Lensbaby 2.0
    Accessories: Nikon SB-800, (2X) Old Flash Units, (4X) Poverty Wizards, GF Lightsphere, (3X) Lightstand and umbrella, Sandisk Extreme III 4.0 GB, Sandisk Ultra II 2.0 GB, Transcend 1.0 GB
  • Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2007
    Woops, didn't want to do that. I just changed the title to be less deceptive...sorry!
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited April 3, 2007
    Sorry if I caused a delay guys. The carrier pigeon lost his way from Los Angeles.
  • DRabbitDRabbit Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2007
    Stop that pigeon!

20060926-DastardlyMuttley.jpg
    Amy :D
    Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

The Dang Gallery on DangRabbit - Follow me on Twitter or on Facebook
    Leica M8: Zeiss 35mm f/2 Biogon and 50mm f/2 Planar; Voigtlander 15mm f/4.5, 50mm f/1.5 Nokton and 75mm f/2.5 Heliar
    Olympus E-P1: Zuiko 14-42 and 25mm f/2.8 Pancake; Panasonic 45-200mm and 20mm f/1.7; and M-to-m4/3 adaptor
    Olympus e620: Zuiko 14-54 f/2.8-3.5

• JohnCJohnC Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2007
    No problem! I'll just stay awake and on dgrin for another 24 hours! rolleyes1.gif:Dthumb.gif
    Nikon D300 l Nikon SB-600 l Nikon MC-30 Remote l Nikon AF-S 24-85mm 1:3.5-4.5G IF-ED l Nikon 50mm f/1.8 AF-D l Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM l Quantaray Pro U-100 backpack by Naneu Pro l Quantaray QSX 9500 Tripod by Sunpak
    Canon AE-1 Program l FD 28mm 1:2.8 l FD 50mm 1:1.8 l Sunpak Auto 821 Dedicated
    edited April 3, 2007
    JohnC wrote:
    No problem! I'll just stay awake and on dgrin for another 24 hours! rolleyes1.gif:Dthumb.gif

Like the rest of us sitting here hitting "refresh" every so often? Laughing.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Leica M8: Zeiss 35mm f/2 Biogon and 50mm f/2 Planar; Voigtlander 15mm f/4.5, 50mm f/1.5 Nokton and 75mm f/2.5 Heliar
    Olympus E-P1: Zuiko 14-42 and 25mm f/2.8 Pancake; Panasonic 45-200mm and 20mm f/1.7; and M-to-m4/3 adaptor

• DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2007
    Well....
    I'll have to be in suspense all day tomorrow. Good thing I have something to take my mind off this challenge -- a trip to Yosemite!
    edited April 3, 2007
    Dee wrote:
    I'll have to be in suspense all day tomorrow. Good thing I have something to take my mind off this challenge -- a trip to Yosemite!

Sounds like a good possible location for round 3 thumb.gif

• pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2007
    Riot! :toni
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
    edited April 3, 2007
    Riot! :toni

Laughing.gif that smilie cracks me up! bowdown.gif

edited April 3, 2007
    Laughing.gif

It’s 12:45am and I’m wide awake with a belly full of fried mozzarella sticks, marinara dipping sauce, and like half a 2 liter Pepsi.

:Drolleyes1.gif
    Nikon D300 l Nikon SB-600 l Nikon MC-30 Remote l Nikon AF-S 24-85mm 1:3.5-4.5G IF-ED l Nikon 50mm f/1.8 AF-D l Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM l Quantaray Pro U-100 backpack by Naneu Pro l Quantaray QSX 9500 Tripod by Sunpak
    edited April 3, 2007
    JohnC wrote:
    Laughing.gif

It’s 12:45am and I’m wide awake with a belly full of fried mozzarella sticks, marinara dipping sauce, and like half a 2 liter Pepsi.

:Drolleyes1.gif

That's a much better reason to be awake than mine... We've all got the flu (or some such bug) in my house... yuk... and I sleep like crap-on-a-cracker when I'm sick!

• tsk1979tsk1979 Registered Users Posts: 937 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2007
    Its 11:31am here, so no issues being awake.
    But shay's post caused an earthquake here, 6.2 on ritcher at epicenter, but mild here, lasted around 10 sec.
    edited April 3, 2007
    DRabbit wrote:
    That's a much better reason to be awake than mine... We've all got the flu (or some such bug) in my house... yuk... and I sleep like crap-on-a-cracker when I'm sick!

NyQuil for the win! :D You'll sleep like a baby! thumb.gif
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2007
    i don't mind the delay at all, i just wish there was a specific time that we could expect the results to be ready.ne_nau.gif personally, i wouldn't care if it was as long as four days, i would just want to have a good idea of when to expect them.
    edited April 3, 2007
    binghott wrote:
    i don't mind the delay at all, i just wish there was a specific time that we could expect the results to be ready.ne_nau.gif personally, i wouldn't care if it was as long as four days, i would just want to have a good idea of when to expect them.
    I think 48 hours is a good guess.
    For LPS #3 I expect it to be more. Picturesque is going to have many many entries which are well within the theme and very very hard to choose.
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2007

Thanks for keeping us updated. In the meantime, I'm just going to sit back and have a coffee and a bagel while I wait! :slurp
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2007
    binghott wrote:
    I'll talk to the guys about this.

Stay tuned
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2007
    how cute, you ARE creative!
    tessa
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2007
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited April 3, 2007
    Hey guys, when Shay refers to the tabulotron, he's referring to me... I went MIA yesterday, and since I compile the judges votes, I was the delay.

But it looks the sale on my house is pending. :D
    (that's what I was stressing over and chasing around all afternoon/evening)

...1 step closer to Oz!

I'm now going to tabulate and post the results, but I'm really in agreement with Andy and binghott, 24 hours is not a reasonable time. I'm going to talk to Shay, and we will be revisiting this.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

edited April 3, 2007
    DoctorIt wrote:

...1 step closer to Oz!

Are you going to Australia?
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2007
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Hey guys, when Shay refers to the tabulotron, he's referring to me... I went MIA yesterday, and since I compile the judges votes, I was the delay.

But it looks the sale on my house is pending. :D
    (that's what I was stressing over and chasing around all afternoon/evening)

...1 step closer to Oz!

I'm now going to tabulate and post the results, but I'm really in agreement with Andy and binghott, 24 hours is not a reasonable time. I'm going to talk to Shay, and we will be revisiting this.

I'm not sure what the rules say (I have a child needing food in the other room and can't check), but I have to agree about 24 hours being a very short time. Honestly, I'd be fine with the Friday after it ends as a time for the final results to be posted. And if it's earlier, great, but I'd rather the judges have the time to make a non-rushed decision...

Just my 1¢. :D
    edited April 3, 2007
    tsk1979 wrote:
    Are you going to Australia?
    Yes. moving there in August nod.gif
    Erik

edited April 3, 2007
    I've tabulated the results of the judges rankings... they are POSTED!!! :D
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=58001
    Erik

• TomaSTomaS Registered Users Posts: 314 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2007
    I think it would be in the interest all (and particularly us LOSERS :hurt), to get a listing of the entries and the scoring each received. And maybe a short critique if requested?
    DoctorIt wrote:
    I've tabulated the results of the judges rankings... they are POSTED!!! :D
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=58001
    edited April 3, 2007
    TomaS wrote:
    I think it would be in the interest all (and particularly us LOSERS :hurt), to get a listing of the entries and the scoring each received. And maybe a short critique if requested?
    Sorry TomaS, what you're asking is absurd! No really! There were over 50 entries in round 1, and 100 entries for round 2. At that rate, there's no way we can comment on all the entries. I can assure you, the judges pore over the entries to choose the best. And remember, most of the judges are not even mods, they are as volunteer as it gets.

Shay and many of the other judges provided critique for the finalists, we promised that, and will continue to do it. I know learning from your mistakes is good, but it's up to you to read what made the winners the best, and what you need to do to bring your photos to that level.

Again, see above, this is a free carrot! YOU have to work for it!
    Erik

• TomaSTomaS Registered Users Posts: 314 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2007
    ABSURD!? And I though this was a civil forum. I asked for a open tabulation of points and a critique 'when requested' - not every entry. You did not even answer the question about open tabulation. THAT is absurd. Don't be a jerk when people ask simple questions that you do not even read.

DoctorIt wrote:
    Sorry TomaS, what you're asking is absurd! No really! There were over 50 entries in round 1, and 100 entries for round 2. At that rate, there's no way we can comment on all the entries. I can assure you, the judges pore over the entries to choose the best. And remember, most of the judges are not even mods, they are as volunteer as it gets.

Shay and many of the other judges provided critique for the finalists, we promised that, and will continue to do it. I know learning from your mistakes is good, but it's up to you to read what made the winners the best, and what you need to do to bring your photos to that level.

Again, see above, this is a free carrot! YOU have to work for it!
  • digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2007
    TomaS wrote:
    ABSURD!? And I though this was a civil forum. I asked for a open tabulation of points and a critique 'when requested' - not every entry. You did not even answer the question about open tabulation. THAT is absurd. Don't be a jerk when people ask simple questions.

Shay will probably be posting judges feedback sometime soon, at least I know I gave feedback on my top 10 (had to send it in 2 separate posts, I exceeded the word limit I'm such a windbag) :D

Since yours didn't make it to the top 10, are you requesting personal feedback? If so, I can give you something in a pm if you'd like...but I can't speak for the other judges. Hope this helps.