smugmug down?

2»

Comments

• jamescalderjamescalder Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited May 31, 2007
    Sheaf wrote:
    We're really, really sorry everyone. We've been pounding on it trying to figure it out while our Chief Geek was tied up in an important conference.

We think we just fixed it. Can some of you confirm?
    zippy now, thanks!

clap.gif
  • com3com3 Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2007
    BeachBill wrote:
    Confirmed in my account as well. Stats are at 0.

my stats seem to be normal... all else seems to be running fine now too. last night, it was working fine.
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2007
    Controlpanel is back online for me - thanks!

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2007
    com3 wrote:
    my stats seem to be normal... all else seems to be running fine now too. last night, it was working fine.

Oh yeah, I forgot to check the status of the stats. Done: stats are back now as well. And by the way, gallery browsing was only slow this morning for me. I was uploading photos last night and everything was fast then. Same with the control panel, the only issue I had with it was the stats.

Thanks Smugmug team! thumb.gif
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • rich56krich56k Registered Users Posts: 547 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2007
    Sheaf wrote:
    We're really, really sorry everyone. We've been pounding on it trying to figure it out while our Chief Geek was tied up in an important conference.

We think we just fixed it. Can some of you confirm?

All is good here in beautiful downtown burbank!! :D

stats back too deal.gif

thanks thumb.gif
    http://HooliganUnderground.com
    Member: ASMP; EP; NPPA; CPS
  • MontecMontec Registered Users Posts: 823 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2007
    I was having trouble this morning, I couldn't get anything to load. All other sites were working fine, I came back this afternoon and all is well again. Seems there are problems somewheres.
    Cheers,
    Monte
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2007
    Montec wrote:
    I was having trouble this morning, I couldn't get anything to load. All other sites were working fine, I came back this afternoon and all is well again. Seems there are problems somewheres.
    http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=563205&postcount=28
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 31, 2007
    I'm still a touch sluggish but much better than this morning.
  • wayne861wayne861 Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited May 31, 2007
    Angelo wrote:
    I'm still a touch sluggish but much better than this morning.

Thanks everyone clap.gif

What ever you did, please keep it!! I am connecting from Western New York and the site has never been this fast for me.

Wayne
  • greenpeagreenpea Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2007
    I'm posting to this thread, because it looks like most people are not having problems anymore. But I just checked and I am still having problems.

For the past 2 days I've been up and down. I'll type in my site http://intialphotography.smugmug.com and I'll get http://www.smugmug.com.

About 1/2 the time everything is fine, but 1/2 the time my URL ends up at the smugmug.com homepage.
    Andrew
    initialphotography.smugmug.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera" - Dorothea Lange
  • W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2007
    greenpea wrote:
    You spelled it wrong (second 'i' missing). rolleyes1.gif
    edited May 31, 2007
    You spelled it wrong (second 'i' missing). rolleyes1.gif

Boy am I going to feel dumb if that was the only reason I was having problems. rolleyes1.gif

sheesh...misspelling my own url.
    Andrew

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera" - Dorothea Lange
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 31, 2007
    greenpea wrote:
    Boy am I going to feel dumb if that was the only reason I was having problems. rolleyes1.gif

lol3.giflol3.giflol3.gif

thanks for making my morning thumb.gif
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2007
    greenpea wrote:
    Don't be too hard on yourself. By your own estimate, you've been spelling it correctly about 1/2 the time! mwink.gif
    edited May 31, 2007
    Don't be too hard on yourself. By your own estimate, you've been spelling it correctly about 1/2 the time! mwink.gif

...and only misspelling my own url incorrectly 1/2 the time for the past 2 days rolleyes1.gif
    Andrew

edited June 1, 2007
    greenpea wrote:
    ...and only misspelling my own url incorrectly 1/2 the time for the past 2 days rolleyes1.gif
    Worse things have happened.
    Just stick with copying the url in your signature when getting the link right matters. deal.gif

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • rickstrickst Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2007
    Down
    It is 6:33 CDT, and I cannot connect to smugmug. I am located in Minnesota.. All other web sites I try are fine--no reduction in speed, etc.
    edited June 1, 2007
    Update--I can connetc to smugmug.com but not to my page and photos--it just "spins"
    edited June 1, 2007
    rickst wrote:
    Update--I can connetc to smugmug.com but not to my page and photos--it just "spins"
    Can you tell us your site address, because I can access mine without trouble.

Sebastian

EDIT: If your sitename is rickst, it works for me as well. Maybe it's a connection problem on the way to smugmug.
    EDIT2: Try a traceroute if the problem still exists:
    Andy wrote:
    To run a traceroute on a PC, click on "Start". Then click on "run" and type in "command" and hit enter. That should bring up a black screen. When you get that, type in "tracert hera.smugmug.com". There should be a little 'c:\' in the upper left corner of that black screen, click on that. Then select "edit" and then select "mark". You will see a little gray box appear inside the black box at the top. Click on that and drag it to the bottom so that all the text is highlighted. Then click on the 'c:\' at the top again and click on "edit" then "copy". Then paste all your traceroute information in an reply here. That will help us see if and where any problems may be.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
    edited June 1, 2007
    My connection suddenly came back about a half hour ago--have no idea what the issue was
  • mwgricemwgrice Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2007
    greenpea wrote:

If it's any consolation I can barely spell my own first name.