B&H Question

2»

Comments

• dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2007
    Rhuarc wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif THe only thing that would make B&H unbeatable forever was if their prices were just a hair lower. I'm not talking about lowballing on the products, just enough lower to get within shooting range of the low cost places. Not that I don't buy from them or anything!! :D

Even their new prices are really good though. If I'm buying used I buy here. If Im buying new and can wait for the shipping, B&H gets it.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2007
    Even their new prices are really good though. If I'm buying used I buy here. If Im buying new and can wait for the shipping, B&H gets it.

I pretty much do it the same way. And I agree that their prices are pretty good. I can sometimes find products elsewhere for alittle cheaper, but usually not enough to make it worth risking going anywhere else.
  • StormdancingStormdancing Registered Users Posts: 917 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2007

I have to put my .02 in here for B&H and even their used department. I've bought a couple lenses and miscellanous items new, but had never dealt with their used items.

I needed a backup 20D. Time was running out and every one I inquired about on the usual "used forums" was sold. I called B&H and they had a used 20D in 9+ condition. The price was more than fair and only slightly above what was being asked for some on the forums. We added the extra $10 in shipping to make sure there were no problems in it getting here on time and it was. When B&H says 9+ on condition you can bet it's like new and this was.

Yes, I spent probably $50 more than I could have if I had the luxury to shop around on the forums. For that $50, I got excellent customer service, (wish I had gotten his name because he was soooo helpful) excellent, clean used product and a money back guarantee to boot.

10 Plus for B&H, I've spent hundred's of thousands there....... On My Wish List!!:D
    Dana
    ** Feel free to edit my photos if you see room for improvement.**
    Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if
    no birds sang there except those that sang best.
    ~Henry Van Dyke
  • SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2007
    I bought some lowepro pouches from b&h. When they arrived a waterbottle pouch wasn't in the package. I emailed b&h and they sent the missing pouch to me. No quibbles, no arguements, just a great service. I went into the store last november and the service is just as good in person.
  • 3n-out3n-out Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2007
    I have also bought from B&H Photo and the transaction was handled very professional. Ordered straight from the internet and product arrived at my door in Texas in 5 working days. I have never had to speak to them about any services issues but I'm rest assured by the 1,000's if not 10,000's of 100% statisfied customers that have stated their professional and satisified purchases in forums like these.

B&H Photo shows this by participating in this forum thread and if that doesn't speak to their dedication to customer satisfaction I have no idea what will.

Great Job B&H! Customer Satisfaction at its very best!
    If you don't have creative enthusiasum all you have is a camera in your hands!

My Webpage - http://www.3n-out.com
  • S. HortonS. Horton Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2007
    Bandit959 wrote:
    I’ve been purchasing my equipment from B&H for a long time. They have the expertise, the equipment and for the most part, the price. Orders are filled promptly. Everything is well packaged and it’s an all around good experience. I’ve had nothing bad to say about them. In fact, I generally have nothing but praise.

But a friend of mine has had a problem lately. It seems that they are sending grey market lenses when he specifically asked for USA (for the warranty and the warranty card isn't from Canon USA).

So is this just a couple of blips on the radar or has anyone else been having some poor experiences with B&H lately?

headscratch.gif

Sounds like some kind of mixup or mistake. Based upon their reputation alone, and their work ethic, if that actually happened it won't continue for long.
  • Doug G.Doug G. Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited June 20, 2007
    Sport
    S. Horton wrote:
    Sounds like some kind of mixup or mistake. Based upon their reputation alone, and their work ethic, if that actually happened it won't continue for long.

...and there are a few people who make a sport of posting provocative, inflammatory messages on forums just to see how people will respond. The word for them is Troll. Bandit959, please speak up and tell us that you are not one of them.

Like the other posters, my experiences with B&H have only been positive. They are the only mail-order photo dealer that I trust to buy from.
  • Scotty_RScotty_R Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2007
    For over 10 years I have never purchased a piece of photographic equipment from any store other than B&H. In 10 years I have never had one moments touble with any purchase, return, shipment etc. B&H is top notch from beginning to end.
    Scotty
  • claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2007
    Doug G. wrote:
    ...and there are a few people who make a sport of posting provocative, inflammatory messages on forums just to see how people will respond. The word for them is Troll. Bandit959, please speak up and tell us that you are not one of them.

Like the other posters, my experiences with B&H have only been positive. They are the only mail-order photo dealer that I trust to buy from.

I wasn't going the throw the "T" word, but it's looking more and more like you are correct in doing so. 4 pages in and still no backup to the allegation or an "oops we goofed" rolleyes1.gif
  • wyndhamwyndham Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited June 21, 2007
    I wasn't going the throw the "T" word, but it's looking more and more like you are correct in doing so. 4 pages in and still no backup to the allegation or an "oops we goofed" rolleyes1.gif

So maybe it's time to close this thread which is turning into a "we love B&H fest" (not that I don't, you understand) but unless the OP or the alleged "victim" rejoins the party I don't see much to be gained from further discussion without some actual facts. Glad to see the title was amended though.
  • S. HortonS. Horton Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2007
    [quote=Doug G........

Like the other posters, my experiences with B&H have only been positive. They are the only mail-order photo dealer that I trust to buy from.[/quote]

Strong +1 for this, and that includes a vendor named after a rainforest.

thumb.gif

I wish they'd go nationwide. (My wallet disagrees, as usual)
  • m8om8o Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    Bandit959 wrote:
    ....So is this just a couple of blips on the radar or has anyone else been having some poor experiences with B&H lately?
    headscratch.gif
    After finally purchasing from B&H after months of researching what I wanted to buy, but not having a good experience, then finding this forum, I was going to post here. But I decided against it. Took a bunch of pics. Joined. Posted. Etc... Months went buy. In another post dealing with an ordering/delivery problem with another retailer, I put my B&H experience into b&w. Having done so, I thought I might as well add it here for the 'archives'... and maybe for Henry to see and realize 'does' occur to some of us.
    I don't want to 'bad mouth' B&H too much, because I know my experience is far far from the average of the bell-shaped curve in customer satisfaction. Let's just say however the salesman:
    a) couldn't be bothered helping an 'inexperienced' 1st time [D]SLR buyer while he was cutting up his catalog to create some sort of collage, to actually give me more then either a 1 word or 1 sentence answer, and ...
    b) didn't listen to what I'd say and/or ask, then would say "....you didn't say that..." when he'd reply with an answer to a question different then I was asking, because he didn't listen-to all the words coming out of my mouth, and ...
    c) didn't recommend accessories I find I need [bag, filters] even though I pressed him about "what else will I need" or [more importantly] didn't offer an extended warranty, that I would have bought and really really wish I had.
    (...there was other stuff too. This is enough.)
    ...so, just as FYI as it was asked.
    Camera: Pentax K-5 & K10D / Profile: Introducing...Me on DGRIN / Some Pix: The 'm8o Gallery' Best of m8o In Tanzania '07
  • henryphenryp Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2007
    m8o wrote:
    After finally purchasing from B&H after months of researching what I wanted to buy, but not having a good experience, then finding this forum, I was going to post here. But I decided against it. Took a bunch of pics. Joined. Posted. Etc... Months went buy. In another post dealing with an ordering/delivery problem with another retailer, I put my B&H experience into b&w. Having done so, I thought I might as well add it here for the 'archives'... and maybe for Henry to see and realize 'does' occur to some of us.

I am sorry you had a less-than perfect experience, but your anonymity makes it difficult to discover who here caused this or reply more completely. You're encouraged to email specifics to me so I can determine what, if anything, should be done internally. We strive to improve daily and if one of our sales associates needs some direction, we'd like to be able to provide it to him constructively. My email's in my sig.