Options

iPhone Ca-raziness!

Comments

• Options
    rosselliotrosselliot Registered Users Posts: 702 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2007
    David_S85 wrote:
    50? Really? Wow. eek7.gif

Remember the cross-country cycling trip all those years ago? I'll bet you could do it again. deal.gif That might take shave off another 20. Of course adding the 5D/24-105 combo + the iPhone/accessories and the laptop might pack another 10-12 pounds.

the iPhone is awesome, I absolutely love mine! It's great.

- Ross
    www.rossfrazier.com
    www.rossfrazier.com/blog

My Equipment:
    Canon EOS 5D w/ battery grip
    Backup Canon EOS 30D | Canon 28 f/1.8 | Canon 24 f/1.4L Canon 50mm f/1.4 | Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX DI Macro | Canon 70-200 F/2.8 L | Canon 580 EX II Flash and Canon 550 EX Flash
    Apple MacBook Pro with dual 24" monitors
    Domke F-802 bag and a Shootsac by Jessica Claire
    Infiniti QX4
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2007
    SmugMug on the iPhone :)

If you have one, add this url to your bookmarks:

http://nickname.smugmug.com/iphone

clap.gif
  • Options
    StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    SmugMug on the iPhone :)

...or other mobile device - this works great on my Windows Mobile Cingular (oops - AT&T) 8525.

It's great that SM did this, but I think that /mobile would have been better than such a seemingly device-specific URL.
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2007
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2007
    windoze wrote:

yeah david pogue is my hero, lol
    I read him (and watch him) religiously

Anyone see his "it's all geek to me" tv episode on digital photography (broadcast on Discovery HD)?
  • Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2007
    Now that you have had your iphones for a few weeks, what do you still think of them?

What do you like most and least?

A referb 4GB for $399 is starting to get tempting. If only I knew how long it would be before iphone 2.0 will be released. :D
  • Options
    edited August 26, 2007
    patch29 wrote:
    Now that you have had your iphones for a few weeks, what do you still think of them?

What do you like most and least?

A referb 4GB for $399 is starting to get tempting. If only I knew how long it would be before iphone 2.0 will be released. :D
    I totally love mine. Very easy for email, web, contacts, all that. Having the music is a bonus for me. Now only one device to carry :)

Gone are the days when you had to work hard at synching all your crap (calendar, contacts etc). It just works, period.
  • Options
    edited August 27, 2007
    How is everyone adapting to the keyboard? Can you type efficiently with it?
  • Options
    StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Gone are the days when you had to work hard at synching all your crap (calendar, contacts etc). It just works, period.

fwiw, I find the iPhone as appealing as the next Apple-lovin' guy, and I'm not knocking it, but there are plenty of other devices that are just as adept (or more so) at synching all your crap. The iPhone is innovative in many ways, but syncing isn't magic.
  • Options
    edited September 5, 2007
    8GB iPhone now $399. clap.gif

Tempting. :D
  • Options
    StefStef Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2007
    patch29 wrote:
    8GB iPhone now $399. clap.gif

Tempting. :D

Get it... you will love it!

I went out and got it last night. I'm in love. I'm just glad I didn't get it when it first came out. I would have been very angry.

BUT.. the price drop finally made me want to take the plunge and I am glad I did!
  • Options
    photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2007
    give me the ipod touch... I am happy with my blackberry, but that ipod touch is really something. I think that the iPhone is too expensive for a lot of people. (It is for me...)
  • Options
    thebigskythebigsky Registered Users Posts: 1,052 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2007
    photocat wrote:
    give me the ipod touch... I am happy with my blackberry, but that ipod touch is really something. I think that the iPhone is too expensive for a lot of people. (It is for me...)

I've ordered an iPod Touch as I don't use a mobile phone and the battery is a bit knackered in my Nano.

I'm looking forward to doing some wifi browsing in the garden, can't wait.

Charlie
  • Options
    edited September 18, 2007
    I am now an iPhone owner. clap.gif

So far so good. thumb.gif
  • Options
    patch29 wrote:
    I am now an iPhone owner. clap.gif

So far so good. thumb.gif
    clap.gif
  • Options
    Andy wrote:
    clap.gif

My first iPhone reply!!! thumb.gif

It is a little tricky getting used to typing on this small screen and the scrolling is odd.
  • Options
    edited September 19, 2007
    patch29 wrote:
    My first iPhone reply!!! thumb.gif

It is a little tricky getting used to typing on this small screen and the scrolling is odd.

Congrats... I went for the iPod Touch instead... Don't believe that the iphone in UK can be used to satisfaction. They will team up with O2, which is an expensive British provider, and you have to get it via car phone warehouse.
    This is the duo I have now, and it is a pain... When I need support and call O2 they swop me to carphone warehouse, and the other way around. Painful...

Could anyone on this board tell me if the ipod Touch can do wifi on all wifi networks? Or is it just the starbucks network?
    Important question, as starbucks is not as wide spread in UK as in USA...
    Any insight would be appreciated
  • Options
    photocat wrote:
    Could anyone on this board tell me if the ipod Touch can do wifi on all wifi networks? Or is it just the starbucks network?
    Important question, as starbucks is not as wide spread in UK as in USA...
    Any insight would be appreciated

I would think any open Wi-Fi (802.11b/g) network would work, not just Starbucks. I don't think Starbucks is offering free wifi, but will be offering access for itunes purchases.
  • Options
    patch29 wrote:
    I would think any open wifi network would work, not just Starbucks. I don't think Starbucks is offering free wifi, but will be offering access for itunes purchases.

I thought wifi in starbucks is free, as long as you have a drink there... I have never paid for wifi in starbucks till now... My husband thinks that the wifi will only work in starbucks though, I am more inclined to believe you, as I think it would be pretty useless if we could only use it when in starbucks.

Lots of people complaining about the no mail function, but if we can browse, we can read and answer mail via our browser, as long as we have a provider who allows webmail.... I hope it gets here soon so I can try it out.

I read that all previous iphone buyers get a voucher for 100 dollar to spend in apple stuff... neat! It is not nice if they lower the price the day after you bought it.

Thanks for the speedy reply. I am a lady(hmmm) in waiting now...
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    In the US wifi in Starbucks is anything but free. In fact, Jobs refers to that. $7 for two cups of coffee, and you have to pay for wifi.

The Starbucks deal is just to get past that, and get free access to the music store while in Starbucks. The wifi works anywhere.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited June 10, 2008
    New iphone and no posts? No more iphone craziness is everyone waiting for July 11th?
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,914 moderator
    edited June 10, 2008
    patch29 wrote:
    New iphone and no posts? No more iphone craziness is everyone waiting for July 11th?
    It's cause everyone who bought one is still in shock from the new low price lol3.gif
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited June 10, 2008
    ian408 wrote:
    It's cause everyone who bought one is still in shock from the new low price lol3.gif

It is a better deal to buy, but 3G data is not $30 a month or $45 for business users. I really wish they would make a tethering option, even if it cost more.

Can we also have

copy and paste
    flash support
    MMS

I had tried the first iphone, but returned it. I went through the battery very quickly and could not deal well with EDGE browsing. I have made it a year, I wonder if I will buy one this time. I will probably wait to see what users think and then see what software developers offer for it.
  • Options
    edited June 10, 2008
    Edge SUCKS! Whoops. I shouldn't be so mean...

Yeah, the lower price just lures you into the store and then you sign up and
    realize they'll make the difference up in short order. Oh well. At least AT&T
    are going to offer a discount on top of that price.
  • Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2008
    I was pretty unimpressed w/ the new release. I see a ton of potential for 3rd party apps and development. Other than that...

Meh..
    ian408 wrote:
    At least AT&T
    are going to offer a discount on top of that price.
    I don't believe for a minute that Apple isn't getting a slice of that AT&T pie in some way shape or form.
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2008
    On the 11th of July, the Netherlands will become a civilized country, also lol3.gif
  • Options
    edited June 11, 2008
    It is not about the phone, it is about the package that you have to take in UK for the data. I think that other phones like Nokia and Samsung, Eriksson, will become cheaper and are in fact better then iphone. Nobody mentions the data package you have to buy on top of the 30 or 40 pounds a month subscription.
    I have the touch, and don't need a data package for that, only a free open network... I don't know if the iphone will be able to do that, just hook into an open network... If you need a data package, it is a no go for me, as 30 or 40 or 100 pounds a month for a lot of people is still a big stack of money...
    I think I will go for a nice new samsung instead...
  • Options
    edited June 11, 2008
    photocat wrote:
    It is not about the phone, it is about the package that you have to take in UK for the data.

Here in the States, AT&T are lowering the cost of the phone. But raising the
    price of service. Not worth it.

Once their exclusivity expires, then maybe I'll consider one but until then,
    too rich for my blood.
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2008
    ian408 wrote:
    Here in the States, AT&T are lowering the cost of the phone. But raising the
    price of service. Not worth it.

Once their exclusivity expires, then maybe I'll consider one but until then,
    too rich for my blood.

They are charging the 3G data rate that they charge on any 3G phone. Or is there something else that I'm missing?
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops