Options

Your Assignment for Today

fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
edited March 10, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
Here's your photo assignment for today: People unaware.

• Photos must be fresh - taken today, not stuff you've got hanging around on your computer.
  • Unaware means that the subjects should be unaware that they are being photographed.
Have at it.
"Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 29, 2004
    Hmmm, kinda tough without a long lens. headscratch.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited February 29, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Hmmm, kinda tough without a long lens. headscratch.gif
    I didn't say anything about fullframe portraits. You're going to have to be creative.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited February 29, 2004
    fish wrote:
    You're going to have to be creative.

Oh no! :flush
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
  • Options
    edited February 29, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Oh no! :flush
    Give it your best shot. Want me to go out with my 17-40 to show you it can be done?
    deal.gif

We've got a farmers market going on in town...got the battery charged up, and I'm outta here. See you back here tonight when you turn in your photos.
  • Options
    soupsoup Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited February 29, 2004
    well, yesterday afternoon is the best i could do - cold, and cloudy today..

Trapped
  • Options
    edited February 29, 2004
    and black and white
  • Options
    edited February 29, 2004
    Okay...I'll start.
    2619598-L.jpg

2619599-L.jpg

2619600-L.jpg

2619601-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 29, 2004
    2619602-L.jpg

2619603-L.jpg

2619604-L.jpg

2619605-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 29, 2004
    2619607-L.jpg

2619606-L.jpg

2619609-L.jpg
  • Options
    Richard CabesaRichard Cabesa Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited February 29, 2004
    Some nice shots Fish. I like the first woman and the old guy with the red shoes.

I didn't know we we going to have a pop quize like this. I'm unprepared

David
  • Options
    edited February 29, 2004
    Some nice shots Fish. I like the first woman and the old guy with the red shoes.

I didn't know we we going to have a pop quize like this. I'm unprepared
    Thanks...I had a good time. It's tough to be inconspicuous with a big ol' white lens rolleyes1.gif

One must always be prepared. There will be more assignments.
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 29, 2004
    She saw me walk up the stairs, but had no idea or chose to ignore that my camera was in my hand (usually she runs or hides). The dog doesn't count:

2004-02-29.jpg
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited February 29, 2004
    fish - the 1st shot is the best

the shock on the face - good one
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Registered Users Posts: 239 Major grins
    edited February 29, 2004
    Blond in a beer bottle
    I admit it, I cheated and went to the files...busy today helping daughter with resume and applications to get a job teaching! Maybe someday she will be financially independent rolleyes1.gif
    2622451-M.jpg

Deacon
  • Options
    edited February 29, 2004
    DoctorIt wrote:
    She saw me walk up the stairs, but had no idea or chose to ignore that my camera was in my hand (usually she runs or hides). The dog doesn't count:

2004-02-29.jpg

Does she always sleep on the back of the couch like a cat?
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2004
    Fishie, I like the first one, and the guy who can't decide if he's a Cardinal or a 49er, and the last one - she has a neat expression on her face. Pity you couldn't get a full shot of the kid suffocating himself with the plastic bag. mwink.gif
    Sid.
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2004
    I dont care about your stinkeen' rules...its monday here lad ! & i took this on sat..

Hey waxy....i only have 3x optical. Remember...the bigger the lens...the smaller the

2595058-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2004
    OK, here are my entries. I went down to Old Reliable, otherwise known as Centennial Olympic Park, shortly after 6pm. Always late, always in a panic. Losing the light and losing the people, I said to myself. But fear not, the fountain plays well at all hours, and it was still warm enough for we the people.

And here they are.

Lost in the Light

2627734-M.jpg

Young Love

2627144-M.jpg

*#@! Jacket

2628362-M.jpg

Take Five

2627679-M.jpg

Funny How?

2627874-M.jpg

Nothing to See Here, Folks

2627797-M.jpg
    Sid.
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    Hey waxy....i only have 3x optical. Remember...the bigger the lens...the smaller the

...bench? headscratch.gif
    Sid.
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    ...bench? headscratch.gif
    tripod
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2004
    Well done, waxy! clap.gif

The kid is excellent.
  • Options
    kometkomet Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2004
    fish, were you using the little camera? Those pics are really clear.
    komet gives light so that you may find the way.
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2004
    komet wrote:
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2004
    komet wrote:
    Nope...the boat anchor (10D).
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2004
    homeless...
    fish wrote:

• Photos must be fresh - taken today, not stuff you've got hanging around on your computer.
    • Unaware means that the subjects should be unaware that they are being photographed.
    Have at it.
    Homeless in Providence RI
  • Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    Homeless in Providence RI
    Verry good shot Lynn thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2004
    fish wrote:

Have at it.
    kids on the memorial...
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    kids on the memorial...
    jumping...
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    jumping...
    Good catch! Got the little darling in mid air. It would however, look better if you put his head back on. :D
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    jumping...
    Also the saturation and depth of field is much better in this shot. What did you do differently in the second shot?