Options

Your Assignment for Today

Comments

• Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2004
    Sam wrote:
    Good catch! Got the little darling in mid air. It would however, look better if you put his head back on. :D
    I'll do that.. should be able to find a head somewheremwink.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2004
    Sam wrote:
    Good catch! Got the little darling in mid air. It would however, look better if you put his head back on. :D
    Sorry bout that... what was I thinking...rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2004
    Sam wrote:
    Also the saturation and depth of field is much better in this shot. What did you do differently in the second shot?
    The second headless shot I messed with in ps. Adjusted the selective color, sharpened (a lot) and a little contrast I think.
  • Options
    WingsWings Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited March 2, 2004
    Great pics! Gotta love people watching nod.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2004
    Wings wrote:
    Great pics! Gotta love people watching nod.gif
    yeah.. didn't realize that the great ruler was in RI this weekend...
  • Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    rolleyes1.gifVery good Lynn!
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    Hey lynn...i got heaps more air than that kid in the next shot. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    Hey lynn...i got heaps more air than that kid in the next shot. thumb.gif
    Oh yeah?? little too high maybe Humy?blbl.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    Oh yeah?? little too high maybe Humy?blbl.gif
    sorry... totally ruining this thread.. back to being "serious" you guys
    deal.gif
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2004
    lynnma wrote:

rolleyes1.gif Excellent! rolleyes1.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2004
    i know, i know...a week late.

2711964-L.jpg
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    i know, i know...a week late.
    I like it. Especially the rooster reading over his shoulder. I see some noise in the wooden flowers sign. Are those compression artifacts?
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2004
    fish wrote:
    I like it. Especially the rooster reading over his shoulder. I see some noise in the wooden flowers sign. Are those compression artifacts?
    Roosters always try that crap on.

Mate i have no idea what white noise is. Ive read about it lots & the explanations seem to contradict themselves. It was a 5 meg shot put onto Smugmug & then linked so is that compression ?
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2004
    Humungus wrote:

Mate i have no idea what white noise is. Ive read about it lots & the explanations seem to contradict themselves. It was a 5 meg shot put onto Smugmug & then linked so is that compression ?

can you post the original (no resizing and minimal jpeg compression) to smugmug and toss a link?

this is what i'm seeing:
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2004
    Mate its 7 pm sat night...rolleyes1.gif im having trouble recognising the computer !!!

How do i link the original ? When i go to SM & click on original there isnt any top bar info to copy & paste. You know what im like on a puter...
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    Mate its 7 pm sat night...rolleyes1.gif im having trouble recognising the computer !!!
    so? it's 1am sat morning, and i'm having trouble recognising the computer too. time for bed, i think.
    How do i link the original ? When i go to SM & click on original there isnt any top bar info to copy & paste. You know what im like on a puter...
    In smugmug, click through to open the orig. in your browser, then grab the url and past it into a reply.

like this:

http://fish.smugmug.com/photos/2684653-O.jpg
  • Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2004
    Humungus wrote:

The original is at:
    http://humongous.smugmug.com/photos/2711964-O.jpg
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2004
    cmr164 wrote:
    How'd you get that cm ?
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2004
    cmr164 wrote:
    cool. there is some noise there, but not as bad as the smaller image. probably a compression artifact. was that shot at iso400?
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2004
    fish wrote:
    cool. there is some noise there, but not as bad as the smaller image. probably a compression artifact. was that shot at iso400?
    How do i find that out...rolleyes1.gif Im serious...im lucky to even take a photo.
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2004
    Todays note...man im really starting to see the differenc3e of my prosumer to a DSLR...you pack of dingoes are closing in on me, im hearing the soft calls of the loon (we dont have loons here but there is no romance in "willy wagtail") "come over here hummy...come over here hummy". I cant do it...i wont do it.

I need a lot more experience before falling on my sword....but keep the lamp glowing, I will eventually come over to your camp fire & smoke from the DSLR hooker.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2004
    nod.gif I too hear the siren calls of the dSLRs... I'm not even trying to stuff parsley in my ears.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    How'd you get that cm ?
    Charles can see into your head ....rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2004
    Humungus wrote:

hearing the soft calls of the loon (we dont have loons here but there is no romance in "willy wagtail") [/Quote]
    Since your not from America, I'll explain it to ya. White noise is uneducated, ignorant and tends to be found in trailer parks.

Glad to help.

ps: I have heard loons, (They ain't what I'd call romantic) what the H is a "willy wagtail"
  • Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    How'd you get that cm ?
    Actually it is easy, not even necessary to go to smugmug.

Right click the image and select properties and copy the url. In this case: http://humongous.smugmug.com/photos/2711964-M.jpg

and just replace the 'M' with a 'O' .
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2004
    Sam wrote:
    hearing the soft calls of the loon (we dont have loons here but there is no romance in "willy wagtail")
    Since your not from America, I'll explain it to ya. White noise is uneducated, ignorant and tends to be found in trailer parks.

Glad to help.

ps: I have heard loons, (They ain't what I'd call romantic) what the H is a "willy wagtail"[/QUOTE]Whaddya mean loons arn't romantic! they're beautiful! I LOVE LOONS, I camp out on islands surrounded by loons, kept awake til all hours by loons...

listen....
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~pal/loon.htm
  • Options
    hutchmanhutchman Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2004
    lynnma wrote:

Glad to help.
    Whew Lyn,

That shotgun has a mighty wide patern. Kinda like sayin' everybody from Athol is an asshole!

Hutch
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2004
    hutchman wrote:
    Whew Lyn,

That shotgun has a mighty wide patern. Kinda like sayin' everybody from Athol is an asshole!

Hutch
    Hutch that comment was made by Sam not mene_nau.gif me? I don't know nuttin..looks like I wrote it but the guilty one is Sam.
    I was just commenting on da loons..:D
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    Thanks lynn...i wondered what they sounded like...pretty lonely sound. Here is what i get EVERY SINGLE MORNING !! at 5 am come hell or high water.

http://teachit.acreekps.vic.edu.au/animals/kookaburra.htm
    you can hear 2 or 3 in the wav but its purely a territorial call & when you get half a dozen of them i go & get a potatoe & lanch it off the balcony at them...

Im gonna get written up on a charge one day for sure "And in todays local news.....police have reported a naked man throwing food from balcony............."
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    Thanks lynn...i wondered what they sounded like...pretty lonely sound. Here is what i get EVERY SINGLE MORNING !! at 5 am come hell or high water.

http://teachit.acreekps.vic.edu.au/animals/kookaburra.htm
    I think I'd recommend a Remington 870 for that problem.

2770-p.jpg