Options

Request to Improve Video Options

2»

Comments

• Options
    papajaypapajay Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2007
    caroline wrote:
    This is a massive expectation of Smugmug, and also places great responsibility on their shoulders - my parents and grandparents left their treasures behind carefully wrapped in boxes and envelopes, labelled in shaky handwriting 'for Caroline' etc. now our photographs are the equivalent of those treasures and as you say papajay we need to preserve them for the future. Maybe this could be another USP for the Smugmug product ? Can there really be any such guarantee for the future ?

Caroline

Not really an "expectation", Caroline...just a wish. And the closer SmugMug comes to fulfilling it, the better, in my book. I think they completely understand and embrace the weight placed on their shoulders to safely shepard our photographic treasures.

I get a bit more confident each day about the prospects of my wish becomming reality as I've observed Smugmug's dedication to continually stepping up it's game.
  • Options
    carolinecaroline Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2007
    papajay wrote:
    I think they completely understand and embrace the weight placed on their shoulders to safely shepard our photographic treasures.

I get a bit more confident each day about the prospects of my wish becomming reality as I've observed Smugmug's dedication to continually stepping up it's game.

Papajay, I agree 100% about Smugmugs dedication and their understanding of the weight placed on their shoulders, also their response to the wishes of their customers is outstanding. Personally I'm happy with things as they are but thats not to say that I don't appreciate new features as they come along :D
    Caroline
    Mendip Blog - Blog from The Fog, life on the Mendips
    www.carolineshipsey.co.uk - Follow me on G+

[/URL]
  • Options
    madexpatmadexpat Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited August 2, 2007
    So How do you add YouTube clips?
    scwalter wrote:
    It's pretty easy to add YouTube and GoogleVideo movies to your page. Why do you say that is now a pain? I haven't added movies in a while, has something changed?

-Scott

So how DO you add YouTube clips? I'm still very new to this, but would REALLY appreciate some step by step advice how to add the youtube links to a gallery easily, without having to learn all the CSS stuff. Is this POSSIBLE??

Any help appriecated!
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space."
  • Options
    jenniferjennifer Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2007
    madexpat wrote:
    So how DO you add YouTube clips? I'm still very new to this, but would REALLY appreciate some step by step advice how to add the youtube links to a gallery easily, without having to learn all the CSS stuff. Is this POSSIBLE??

Any help appriecated!
    There are a couple of ways to add YouTube clips to your gallery. One is to create a gallery of just videos by embedding the YouTube clip(s) into the gallery description, or if you'd prefer video thumbnails to mix in with your pictures you can do that as well. The key is remembering to surround your embedded link code with <html></html> tags. An example would be:
    <html>
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hcAh-AxXex8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hcAh-AxXex8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    </html>

Take a look at this post or this post to get you started.

Hope that helps.
    40D, 10-22, 70-200 f/2.8L IS, 75-300 IS, 1.4x TC