Options

Yosemite National Park

2»

Comments

• Options
    J.T.J.T. Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2007
    great shots!
    Great photographs of Yosemite. I am planning a trip to Yosemite next week and hope to get some shots like you. I saw that you shot some with a 200mm. Are all of these 200mm and did you shoot with a graduated or ND or polarizer filter on most of them? And did you convert to B&W after? Thanks for your input. Just trying to get an idea of what I would need.
    Mikko wrote:
    Cathedral Rocks, Morning, Yosemite National Park, California, 2007
    John "J.T."
    http://johnthiele.smugmug.com

Nikon D80 w/MB-D80 vertical grip
    Tokina 50-135 f/2.8
    Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D
    Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G
    Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR

RPS Studio Rotating Flash Bracket

SB 600

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter." -- Ansel Adams
  • Options
    MikkoMikko Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2007
    J.T. wrote:
    Great photographs of Yosemite. I am planning a trip to Yosemite next week and hope to get some shots like you. I saw that you shot some with a 200mm. Are all of these 200mm and did you shoot with a graduated or ND or polarizer filter on most of them? And did you convert to B&W after? Thanks for your input. Just trying to get an idea of what I would need.

JT

These shots were all taken with either a 12-24mm wide angle or 18-200mm zoom lens. If you have a 400mm bring it, it will open up a lot more opportunities. As for filters I use a polarizer filter when there are clouds, usually. I do this to darken the sky, which will help the clouds mood. If there are no clouds, I use no filters, usually. As for black and white, I convert in photo shop. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

MIK
  • Options
    J.T.J.T. Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2007
    thanks
    Thanks, I'll use the advice next week up at Half Dome!
    Mikko wrote:
    JT

These shots were all taken with either a 12-24mm wide angle or 18-200mm zoom lens. If you have a 400mm bring it, it will open up a lot more opportunities. As for filters I use a polarizer filter when there are clouds, usually. I do this to darken the sky, which will help the clouds mood. If there are no clouds, I use no filters, usually. As for black and white, I convert in photo shop. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

MIK
    John "J.T."
    http://johnthiele.smugmug.com

Nikon D80 w/MB-D80 vertical grip
    Tokina 50-135 f/2.8
    Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D
    Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G
    Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR

RPS Studio Rotating Flash Bracket

SB 600

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter." -- Ansel Adams
  • Options
    kriyababajikriyababaji Registered Users Posts: 295 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2007
    Hey Mikko

You could open a whole gallery with just those images alone. A truly stunning set. I must get there one day myself.

Thanks for sharing.

Shane
  • Options
    edited August 20, 2007
    Hey Mikko

You could open a whole gallery with just those images alone. A truly stunning set. I must get there one day myself.

Thanks for sharing.

Shane

Shane, Thanks for taking a look. When you get there you will have a great time. Thanks again.

MIK
  • Options
    ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2007
    Mikko wrote:

Ehughes, thanks for taking a look, have you had a chance to make it up there lately?

Mikko, I've been going trhough the park to get to the eastern sierras but in the summer I try to avoid the valley as much as possible :D
  • Options
    edited August 21, 2007
    ehughes wrote:
    Mikko, I've been going trhough the park to get to the eastern sierras but in the summer I try to avoid the valley as much as possible :D

I don't blame you one bit. I don't think I will return to the park until Fall. I'm going to try to photograph it through out winter and spring again and then try to focus more on Kings Canyon NP and Big Sur come summer. Hope to see you up there.

MIK
  • Options
    jdmphotojdmphoto Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2007
    Wow, very nice set of pictures. It's been 20 years since I've been to Yosemite and as I can see by your photo's it is still very beautiful. Thank you for the memories.
    See my photo's athttp://jdmphoto.smugmug.com/

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2007
    jdmphoto wrote:
    Wow, very nice set of pictures. It's been 20 years since I've been to Yosemite and as I can see by your photo's it is still very beautiful. Thank you for the memories.

jdmphoto,

Thanks for taking a look. Yosemite sure is a great place. If you get the chance to go back, take it. Thanks again.

MIK