The "chew Shay out" thread

Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
edited August 7, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
If it is not one thing it is another. This Shay character sure play's fast and loose with the rules. So this thread is for some sweet payback for being late with results, having called your mama names, and being mean with feedback.

Show no mercy!!! :whip:soapbox
Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
"Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie

Comments

• pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2007
    I fart in your general direction! rolleyes1.gif
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2007

Okay, now THAT's funny! At least I get a good chuckle before going to cry myself to sleep. But what they heck...it's only a flesh wound.rolleyes1.gif
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2007
    It is about time you give us a chance...
    Man...I've been waiting to give you a piece of my mind now for about a year and a half. I'm glad you are man enough to open the door for some of a piece of what you deserve. If I were in the same room with you I'd beg you to let me be your apprentice and carry your gear. I'd also ask that you critique my stuff more.

Honestly, your contributions are worth waiting weeks for. I, like everyone else spend many small pockets of time looking for feedback and the results. Hey, as I remember, I think I am getting a lot more than I am paying you for. Keep up the great contribution and thanks a ton!!!! bowdown.gif
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2007
    If it is not one thing it is another.

Show no mercy!!! :whip

why does he put only NINE clappy emoticons in the finalists thread when there are TEN finalists? LAZY if you ask me. rolleyes1.gif

and now it's time to use my favorite emoticon gratuitously.:slosh
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2007
    Shay Shay
    He's our guy
    If he can't do it
    pyroPrints will fart in his eye

(ok, so it's late and I'm a dork)

Shay, you are loved even when you aren't. Or something. Here, have an emoti-thingy: iloveyou.gif
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2007
    Shay, I'll show you no mercy, as long as you write me a check first....My services are very expensive...Laughing.gif

I'll whip you, beat you, and then make it all better.....You want some candy little boy?? ha ha ha ha ha :ivar :seamus :grim :cavig
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
    edited July 24, 2007
    Tentacion wrote:
    You want some candy little boy?? ha ha ha ha ha :ivar :seamus :grim :cavig
    indiegirl wrote:
    Here, have an emoti-thingy:

i think this is turning into the "use all the emoticons you've always wanted but never had the chance to" thread. LOVE IT!

(we love you too Shay!):stud
    Canon 5D MkI
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited July 24, 2007
    Fyi:
    Just popping in long enough to mention there is a Shay smiley at the end of the extended smiley list (Reply, Go Advanced, click more). deal.gif
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2007
    urbanaries wrote:
    why does he put only NINE clappy emoticons in the finalists thread when there are TEN finalists? LAZY if you ask me. rolleyes1.gif

and now it's time to use my favorite emoticon gratuitously.:slosh

Add to this the farting and I feel a shame spiral coming on. Ooooo it stings!!! hehehe
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2007
    So this is the Shay emoti-thingy: artist.gif

But this is what we all want to do to Shay: :feelgood (was that out loud?)
  • ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2007
    Ha - do it with Shay in person
    I say show no mercy and you can really give him what for at the Wedding Photographer's Boot Camp. There's still limited space in San Diego. :buttkiss
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
    edited July 24, 2007
    indiegirl wrote:

There I am painting away peacfully, when all of a sudden, someone comes up and knocks my artist hat off and starts messing up my hair. hahaha
  • tsk1979tsk1979 Registered Users Posts: 937 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2007
    Where....
    Is the judges feedback thread?Antonio posted his feedback, but there is no critique thread out yet....!
    edited July 24, 2007
    indiegirl wrote:

LMAO!!!!! I didn't see that one! good find! :lurk
    Canon 5D MkI
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2007
    Okay, Shay, so here's what I'm really annoyed about. Why is it that the guys on the West Coast get the results just after 9pm (or in this case an ENTIRE 13 minutes after 9pm :toni ), where we over here on the East Coast have to wait a full THREE HOURS LATER. What's the deal???!!! I mean, is that favoritism or what?! Now I have to take my girls to playgroup, organize an activity for 12 or so screaming, hyper toddlers on a major shortage of sleep. :help Try to be a little more fair next time, will ya? :D

Emily iloveyou.gif

Oh wait...here's some more emotibobs: :hotcake blbl.gif :hurt :snore
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2007
    lol3.gif
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2007
    indiegirl wrote:

I'm telling Mrs. Shay.
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2007
    OMG....I can't stop laughing! rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2007
    Someone get the FEBREZE already....Ewwww "Spiraling Stinging Farts"....Silent but deadly....come to think of it, bring the tissue also....
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2007
    For being such a meeny weeny, next time you're in the jump ring, may you be caught daydreaming in front of the next jump.....

No really, we all do appreciate how level-headed you can be in the midst of all these whackos, me included!
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
    edited July 24, 2007
    richtersl wrote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pyroPrints.com

OMG....I can't stop laughing! rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    oooooh synchronization rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif
  • dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2007
    Ditto & Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

I may not want to do this with Shay :feelgood, however, this would be good beer.gif

... what's that odor in here? I'm leaving now ...
    edited July 24, 2007
    dlscott56 wrote:
    ... what's that odor in here? I'm leaving now ...
    naughty.gif
  • nelsonstuffnelsonstuff Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited July 24, 2007
    Okay, Shay, so here's what I'm really annoyed about. Why is it that the guys on the West Coast get the results just after 9pm (or in this case an ENTIRE 13 minutes after 9pm :toni ), where we over here on the East Coast have to wait a full THREE HOURS LATER.

Ah, but those of us on the west coast get 3 hours less time (9pm for us) to procrastinate and get our entries in on the last day.
    :tough
    Speaking of which (entry deadlines), is there any way to have the rounds start in the middle of the week? That would make heading out of town a little easier if we wanted too. I'd love to have two full weekends during the SF.

:spam just to continue the Monty Python themed thread.

-Kelly
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2007
    ... So this thread is for some sweet payback for being late with results, having called your mama names, and being mean with feedback. ...

Is this the official Shay way of saying?

"I'm really swamped with work this week and really do not have the time or inclination to critique all of the entries for LPS #9"

Or do you honestly expect us to complain about all the hard work you put into this endeavor? ne_nau.gif
  • stirfrystirfry Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2007
    Shay, you seem like an alright guy thumb.gif

(And don't mind me, but I'm just gonna spray some febreze in your general direction - you seemed to have attracted some kind of aroma cloud around ya ne_nau.gif)

I'm new here, still learning who is who and what is what. You seem like a guy who is genuinely loved and appreciated by the folks here - and I'm beginning to understand why.

iloveyou.gif
    edited July 25, 2007
    tsk1979 wrote:
    Is the judges feedback thread?Antonio posted his feedback, but there is no critique thread out yet....!

It is coming, tonight probably. Mucho apologies for it's lateness. I have been running behind since the weekend and hope to be caught up real soon.
    edited July 25, 2007
    Ah, but those of us on the west coast get 3 hours less time (9pm for us) to procrastinate and get our entries in on the last day.
    :tough
    Speaking of which (entry deadlines), is there any way to have the rounds start in the middle of the week? That would make heading out of town a little easier if we wanted too. I'd love to have two full weekends during the SF.

:spam just to continue the Monty Python themed thread.

-Kelly

There are two full weekends in each round.
    edited July 25, 2007
    sherstone wrote:
    Is this the official Shay way of saying?

"I'm really swamped with work this week and really do not have the time or inclination to critique all of the entries for LPS #9"

Hehehe, yes, pressure relief valve as I try to get caught up mwink.gif
    edited July 25, 2007
    stirfry wrote:
    ...I'm just gonna spray some febreze in your general direction - you seemed to have attracted some kind of aroma cloud around ya ne_nau.gif)

Ahhhh, fresh air really does change ones outlook on life rolleyes1.gif

Things are looking up already :D Thank you!