The "chew Shay out" thread

2»

Comments

• TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2007
    Hehehe, yes, pressure relief valve as I try to get caught up mwink.gif

LMAO @ Pressure Relief Valve ....nope not gonna touch it. I think, I'm gonna have to put on me wellie boots cuz it is getting deep in here....
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2007
    :spam just to continue the Monty Python themed thread.

-Kelly

headscratch.gif What?! No Lumberjack Smilies???ne_nau.gif
    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
    -Fleetwood Mac
  • nelsonstuffnelsonstuff Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited July 25, 2007
    There are two full weekends in each round.

I suppose there are if I stay in town. But if I want the option to go out of town for something different, and thus head back on that last Sunday...doesn't leave much time to get back, look through the shots, post process, possibly get feedback, etc before 9pm PST (not to mention unpack the bags, eat food, get the kids to bed, and all that jazz). All that essentially makes that last Sunday useless for using it as a quality shooting day. For the most part, the qualifying rounds don't pose an issue since there's 5 of them. Its the SF's where the schedule effects the amount of time to get a great shot. I'm not that good to where I could go out on my first try and get what I want. I need TIME!

But I guess I'm part of the minority with this view.
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2007
    I have a gripe!
    I live by the sea, this is a challenge made for Dee -- NOT..... Laughing.gif

And here's a visual why -- it's right smack dab in the middle of our foggy season. People are dressed in long pants, heavy jackets, hats and scarves! I haven't seen the sun in over 4 days.

Yeah, :D I know, I can hear it now, "poor thing, lives by the sea, what more does she want!" I know, no sympathy! rolleyes1.gif
  • Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2007
    I suppose there are if I stay in town. But if I want the option to go out of town for something different, and thus head back on that last Sunday...doesn't leave much time to get back, look through the shots, post process, possibly get feedback, etc before 9pm PST (not to mention unpack the bags, eat food, get the kids to bed, and all that jazz). All that essentially makes that last Sunday useless for using it as a quality shooting day. For the most part, the qualifying rounds don't pose an issue since there's 5 of them. Its the SF's where the schedule effects the amount of time to get a great shot. I'm not that good to where I could go out on my first try and get what I want. I need TIME!

But I guess I'm part of the minority with this view.

Ahh, I see what you are saying.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2007
    Couldn't resist rolleyes1.gif

1419116-f41.jpg
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2007
    Holy CRAP, batman!
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited July 31, 2007

Ooooooohh. I have a nasty feeling we'll be seeing that same photo over and over and over again on these forums. And for years and years and years. rolleyes1.gif
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2007

1419116-f41.jpg

Made my day. rolleyes1.gifIs this going on a tee-shirt?

Virginia

Email
  • nikosnikos Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2007

1419116-f41.jpg

That's definitely a sinker eek7.gif
  • ccpickreccpickre Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2007
    Who's Shay? :help
    Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
    edited July 31, 2007
    ccpickre wrote:
    Who's Shay? :help

No one of consequence :D (Princess Bride quote)

Pyro...very funny rolleyes1.gif
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • esc2476esc2476 Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2007
    No one of consequence :D (Princess Bride quote)

Even as a Yankee fan, I beg to differ....

SHEA~Shea-Stadium-New-York-New-York-Posters.jpg
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2007
    "it's a bit nutty"........austin powers
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • seastackseastack Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2007
    Double Secret Probation - A theme for a Shay post?
    Shay, it is my duty to inform you that you were placed on double secret probation following your recent transgression.
    :whip

I propose that to provide penance and remove yourself from this probation you must complete a simple task - post an entry of your own for the next semifinal round (following announcement of winners of course). That's right, an assignment for YOU for a change. Here's the catch, while it's open theme for the semifinalists, there is a THEME for you - one proposed by dgrinners.

Hmmm, a theme for Shay ... what could that be ... something outside his comfort zone perhaps.................?
    edited August 6, 2007
    seastack wrote:
    Hmmm, a theme for Shay ... what could that be ... something outside his comfort zone perhaps.................?

Put it to a vote so I can pay my debt to society hehehe. And then you all can have fun savaging me with a feedback thread hahaha.
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2007
    How about "Last or Standing"ne_nau.gif...how good of a Photographer is he???
    E
  • seastackseastack Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2007
    Put it to a vote so I can pay my debt to society hehehe. And then you all can have fun savaging me with a feedback thread hahaha.

clap.gif
    Awesome! I'm sure we all have great expectations. No pressure mwink.gif
    I started a new thread for theme idea submissions.
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2007

You're so bad....rolleyes1.gif