Sign me up... I made KPOTD!!!

johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
edited February 28, 2005 in People
Let me also join with Nir great news... I made KPOTD!:D This has been a wonderful site to be a part of. I have learned so much in such a short time. Thanks to all my friends world wide... Look I know it's not an Oscar, but to me it is.

africa2-small.jpg
coming March 11

peace.
johno~
If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
Canon 50mm 1.4
Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
johno's gallery

Comments

• BridgeCityBridgeCity Registered Users Posts: 338 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    Very nice shot, and congratulations are in order! :cheer :cheer :cheer
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    johno wrote:
    Let me also join with Nir great news... I made KPOTD!:D This has been a wonderful site to be a part of. I have learned so much in such a short time. Thanks to all my friends world wide... Look I know it's not an Oscar, but to me it is.

africa2-small.jpg
    coming March 11

peace.
    johno~
    That is really great john.. Where was that taken? Congrats!
  • johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    4labs wrote:
    That is really great john.. Where was that taken? Congrats!

Uganda, Africa.

peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 50mm 1.4

blog
    johno's gallery
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    Well,and you got birds, too.

Looks like I have to go to Africa. Sell my dogs and go to Africa. Those shots, when I first saw them, I did not think of Kodak, I was just overwhelmed with the colors, but that is a fantastic shot. Well composed.

Congrats, ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
    edited February 25, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Well,and you got birds, too.

Looks like I have to go to Africa. Sell my dogs and go to Africa. Those shots, when I first saw them, I did not think of Kodak, I was just overwhelmed with the colors, but that is a fantastic shot. Well composed.

Congrats, ginger

To tell the truth Ginger, neither did I... I took this shot last January. I was suppose to return Jan. 05 but had a change of plan... It was Jan. when I found dgrin. I had never heard of KPOTD. I thought about submitting this shot and not submitting it. I hope it will tell an untold story and remind us of a unseen hope.

peace.
    johno~
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 50mm 1.4

blog
    johno's gallery
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    thumb.gifthumb.gif

way cool. dgrin rocks at kpotd!

very happy for you john!
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    That's not only beautiful, it tells a great story. Congratulations! Well deserved. clap.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    Congrats to you and nir. This makes only two of us who've never had a KPOTD... :fish and gerg.gif
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 25, 2005
    John:

Congratulations! You must be very excited.
  • windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    CONGRATS!!!!! its great to hear about your success!!!! well done indeed!

troy

UOTE=johno]Let me also join with Nir great news... I made KPOTD!:D This has been a wonderful site to be a part of. I have learned so much in such a short time. Thanks to all my friends world wide... Look I know it's not an Oscar, but to me it is.

africa2-small.jpg
    coming March 11

peace.
    johno~[/QUOTE]
  • digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    way to go! what an awesome shot. very deserving indeed. I'm very happy for you! clap.gif
  • ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    Congrat's, johno. clap.gif

mind if i ask what 'kpotd' is? headscratch.gif
    "There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg
  • John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    Congrats Johnthumb.gif
    You know they say it comes in 3's who's the 3rd ne_nau.gif
  • Charlie BrownCharlie Brown Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    killer shot bro
    I can only hope to progress to the point of one day being a second rate photographer, wish me luck.
  • USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
  • digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    Congrat's, johno. clap.gif

mind if i ask what 'kpotd' is? headscratch.gif
    Kodak Picture of the Day :D I believe
    edited February 25, 2005
    Kodak Picture of the Day :D I believe
    Other people will give you better directions. I just go to Kodak.com and look at the picture on the right at the bottom of the page, and there is the picture of that day, and a link to click on to submit your own.

An exercise in futility for me, so far.

ginger
  • ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    Thanks! :):
    "There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited February 25, 2005
    All Reet Johno ^5
    What a shot!! It's a no-brainer KOPTD, for all the reasons already brought up thumb.gifthumb.gif

Congrats and I'm sure it's just your first of many POTD's clap.gif

Steve

(pssssssst Fish. Make that 3 non-winners :cry )
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2005
    John,

Congratulations!! I loved this shot from the moment you displayed it a few weeks ago!
    Way to go clap.gifclap.gif !!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
    edited February 26, 2005
    fish wrote:
    Congrats to you and nir. This makes only two of us who've never had a KPOTD... :fish and gerg.gif

Yeah but... How many of us have icons? :fish gerg.gif Looks like we have a long way to go :D

peace.
    johno~
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 50mm 1.4

blog
    johno's gallery
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited February 26, 2005
    killer shot bro
    yeah. what cb says! i love the composition and expression on the kid. it's
    a beaut.

ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
    edited February 26, 2005
    fish wrote:

Fish: did this statement lose something in translation?
    edited February 26, 2005
    fish wrote:
    Fish, I hope you mean me in the other one, if not it is 3, and I need a "mad" icon.

I even sent in my last hope, my photo of Bill. That was last week. Right before all these people got all those e-mails of excellence.

I am considering a black space for an avatar...........

I would inundate them with photos, but I hate writing those "stories". I don't mind telling where, but why I think the photo fits the category. I want to scream, "ALL I WANT IS A KPOTD, please, pretty please" "I am from dgrin, I know Andy, you know ANDY, he is "famous" in photography and has won lots of KPOTDs. Well, I know him.".

That is all I can really think to tell them. Except I could also list all the people here who I know who have these things.

I would send in more if it weren't for the stories. As it is..........well, I thought the pelicans were good. Some people liked the photo of Bill. Maybe now they want bright and cheerful. I can go find bright and cheerful. People are more difficult because of the releases, but I can use my grandkids.

Fish, maybe you and I are a member of some superior club and our photography is just tooo good. :cry :cry :cry

I must say, though, Johno, that was a very good shot from Africa, and Nir, I know he works at it, and that is a nice cheerful kid shot. I even like it.

Cheers, fish
    edited February 26, 2005
    I keep searching for a reference to Nir. Did she get a KPOTD also?
    edited February 26, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    Yes, same time! Must have been "oscar" day for photographers in Kodak.

He posted his on Wide Angle, called it something like "where else can I brag".

ginger
    edited February 26, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    Angelo! "SHE"?! I guess it's the photo in the avatar - 'Sarah of Dingle', taken in Ireland November 2003. Technicaly sucks and not worthy of display bigger than an avatar but one of my favorites ever!

My announcement here

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
    edited February 26, 2005
    Nir wrote:
    Angelo! "SHE"?! I guess it's the photo in the avatar - 'Sarah of Dingle', taken in Ireland November 2003. Technicaly sucks and not worthy of display bigger than an avatar but one of my favorites ever!

My announcement here

That's funny rolleyes1.gif Not having bio pics makes it hard sometimes... I never thought you were a "she" Nir... I am still wondering about Fish though. :fish
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 50mm 1.4

blog
    johno's gallery
    edited February 26, 2005
    johno wrote:
    That's funny rolleyes1.gif Not having bio pics makes it hard sometimes... I never thought you were a "she" Nir... I am still wondering about Fish though. :fish
    110104_emM14.gif

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
    edited February 26, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Fish, I hope you mean me in the other one, if not it is 3, and I need a "mad" icon.

I even sent in my last hope, my photo of Bill. That was last week. Right before all these people got all those e-mails of excellence.

I am considering a black space for an avatar...........

I would inundate them with photos, but I hate writing those "stories". I don't mind telling where, but why I think the photo fits the category. I want to scream, "ALL I WANT IS A KPOTD, please, pretty please" "I am from dgrin, I know Andy, you know ANDY, he is "famous" in photography and has won lots of KPOTDs. Well, I know him.".

That is all I can really think to tell them. Except I could also list all the people here who I know who have these things.

I would send in more if it weren't for the stories. As it is..........well, I thought the pelicans were good. Some people liked the photo of Bill. Maybe now they want bright and cheerful. I can go find bright and cheerful. People are more difficult because of the releases, but I can use my grandkids.

Fish, maybe you and I are a member of some superior club and our photography is just tooo good. :cry :cry :cry

I must say, though, Johno, that was a very good shot from Africa, and Nir, I know he works at it, and that is a nice cheerful kid shot. I even like it.

Cheers, fish

Ginger, I looked hard in the icon list for a smile that could use a name like "Ginger"... couldn't find one. I think this will need a special icon like fish. I will keep my eyes open.

Don't put up a black spot... i have not won a challenge yet. How many have you won? Have you ever had your pics posted at the top of one of the worlds most popular photo forums? (hint, dgrin.) You're doing well. Remember to count your blessings, name them one by one.:D

peace.
    johno~
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 50mm 1.4

blog
    johno's gallery