MacDaddy 3.0.3

124»

Comments

• Options
    jasonstonejasonstone Registered Users Posts: 735 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2008
    Events???
    Hi everyone,

I've only just bought a new MacBook (have a PowerBook G4 and PowerMac G4 too) and therefore iLife 08.

One thing I've noticed is that it's only listing galleries but does not list events.

Am I overlooking something? I hope it's possible to upload Events from iPhoto 08 as I quite like the idea of uploading everything for backup in one hit.

Thanks for any info.

Cheers, Jase
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 3, 2008
    Jason,

yeah, in the preferences window, select 'include events'

Cheers,

David
    jasonstone wrote:
    Hi everyone,

I've only just bought a new MacBook (have a PowerBook G4 and PowerMac G4 too) and therefore iLife 08.

One thing I've noticed is that it's only listing galleries but does not list events.

Am I overlooking something? I hope it's possible to upload Events from iPhoto 08 as I quite like the idea of uploading everything for backup in one hit.

Thanks for any info.

Cheers, Jase
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    jasonstonejasonstone Registered Users Posts: 735 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2008
    devbobo wrote:
    Jason,

yeah, in the preferences window, select 'include events'

Cheers,

David

And then there were 3 (well actually lots more! :D )

Thanks - I figured it was something easy but I was dead tired last night....

Cheers, Jase
  • Options
    wdhpgxwdhpgx Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited June 20, 2008
    So is there a way to batch upload to multiple galleries? I have 19 galleries each with a hundred or more photos, that I need to upload. There was another thread that asked about something like this:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=853850#post853850

and a reply that pointed to this uploader and this thread, but I couldn't find any reference to actually being able to do that with this uploader. There's a PC uploader, apparently (star-something), that will do this -- but is there no way, or tool, to be able to do this from the Mac??
  • Options
    OppsOpps Registered Users Posts: 160 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2008
    Setting caption and keywords
    I hope I'm not missing anything obvious. I'm new to SmugMug and I'm using MacUploader to add my photos (the aperture to smugmug plugin doesn't seem to work that well), is there some way of editing captions/keywords on individual photos within MacUploader?
    --
    Jan Erik Moström
  • Options
    edited July 18, 2008
    bump for new version
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    wdhpgxwdhpgx Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited July 20, 2008
    devbobo wrote:
    bump for new version

Updated to 3.0.3 from 3.0.2. Comments:
    - It prompted me for my login and password again.
    - It won't let me paste in my password.
  • Options
    colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2008
    Just a couple comments about the new name. First, I got used to launching the SmugMug Uploader by hitting Spotlight and typing "uplo..." or "smu..." (I drive my Mac largely with the keyboard, and the uploader did not make the cut for my Dock.) With the name MacDaddy, I can't launch it by Spotlighting "upload..." (For some magical reason, MacDaddy does come up if I Spotlight "smu..." even though Smugmug isn't in the name, so that's cool.)

Also, I already have an application named MacDaddyX on my computer. Not a dealbreaker because the names are slightly different, but SmugMug Uploader was a much more distinctive, descriptive, and self-explanatory name for what it does.
  • Options
    shardingsharding Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited July 23, 2008
    devbobo wrote:
    bump for new version

I just updated, and I'm stuck on "Network Interruption uploading paused." Keeps happening. Not sure if it's related to the update or not, but it happened right after that. I haven't been seeing any other evidence of network connectivity issues, including to SmugMug, though I haven't yet dug in to see what host exactly it's trying to reach and what's happening. It's not clear to me how long it's waiting before retrying, or if there's any way to force a retry immediately. More visibility into all of this stuff would be helpful.

Also, I agree with colourbox about the name. I prefer a name that includes SmugMug. Not a big deal, though...
  • Options
    edited July 23, 2008
    sharding wrote:
    I just updated, and I'm stuck on "Network Interruption uploading paused." Keeps happening. Not sure if it's related to the update or not, but it happened right after that. I haven't been seeing any other evidence of network connectivity issues, including to SmugMug, though I haven't yet dug in to see what host exactly it's trying to reach and what's happening.

are you connected via wireless or a wired lan ?
    sharding wrote:
    It's not clear to me how long it's waiting before retrying, or if there's any way to force a retry immediately. More visibility into all of this stuff would be helpful.

this is something I meant to add on the last release, I will see if I can get it added soonish.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    shardingsharding Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited July 23, 2008
    devbobo wrote:
    are you connected via wireless or a wired lan ?

Wireless. But it's generally a pretty reliable wireless network, and I have full control over it, so if there are issues there, I should be able to address them. I virtually never have connectivity issues that I've been able to trace to the wireless network.

It's actually working right now, but I'd like to understand more about what's going on. It looks like it's just talking plain HTTP to 63.81.134.24 at the moment. Is that the only connection it tries to make? In other words, when it's failing, can I be sure that it's that HTTP connection (or DNS) that's failing? Would a DNS failure give a different message?

Thanks!
  • Options
    RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2008
    Nice app.

Any possibility for an option in the preference settings to tell MacDaddy to remember the last gallery uploaded?
  • Options
    dipstahdipstah Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited October 19, 2008
    If you are still taking feature requests I would like to have the ability to pause my uploads.

Thanks
    Dipstah
  • Options
    FuzzytekFuzzytek Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited November 24, 2008
    J.T. wrote:
    I searched this thread and couldn't find an answer. I recently downloaded mac uploader 3.01 and I use iphoto 5 for exporting images from. When I tried dragging a selection of photos, the photos would never queue up in the uploader and I would just get a spinning ball. I would have to force quit and then I would see that the uploader was not responding.

I uploaded 1 photo to test and that worked, but anything more just caused a spinning beach ball.

I reverted back to old version 2.0 and it seemed to queue and upload like it did before.

I am using the lastest and last version of OSX 10.4 and the latest and last version of iphoto 5.

Any ideas why the photos won't queue up and upload?

I can't claim to be all that proficient on the Mac platform, but this is very similar to the situation I'm having. System is OSX 10.4 and the latest version of iPhoto 5. I've downloaded MacDaddy version 3.0.3 and installed. I've selected the photos inside iPhoto to export, it logs in and shows me my galleries in decending sequence (nice response time too since I have over 1000 galleries). Selected the appropriate gallery and clicked Export. The first photo in the queue uploads fine, then iPhoto just sits - no spinning ball and the second photo in the selection list doesn't move into process. I checked the gallery and the uploaded photo is fine.

Not sure what happened but it appears to have gotten lost after one photo.
    Stephen Boyle - Fuzzytek Photography, LLC
    Capturing and creating fashion, film, festivals around Detroit
    Wordpress-ed Fuzzytek
  • Options
    higginsofthigginsoft Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited December 13, 2008
    If you are taking requests for changes in a new update, I'd like to add three:

1. When dragging files into the uploader, the uploader doesn't reverse the order.
    2. A Preference setting as to how many get uploaded at a time.
    3. A way to reorder the list.

http://www.dgrin.com/images/smilies/deal.gif
  • Options
    OppsOpps Registered Users Posts: 160 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2009
    Would it be possible with an applescriptable version of MacDaddy??
    --
    Jan Erik Moström
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2009
    Opps wrote:
    Would it be possible with an applescriptable version of MacDaddy??
    Um, hi! Would 'what' be possible ear.gif
  • Options
    mfhinesmfhines Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited April 4, 2010
    Hey there, perhaps I am missing something, but if I have a large number of iPhoto events, and I want a gallery for each one, do I have to go in and manually create each gallery and then select the destination to upload to?

Can I not just have a gallery create automatically that corresponds with the events name?

***EDIT***
    UGH, five more minutes of searching and I found it myself. Terribly sorry.
  • Options
    dadwtwinsdadwtwins Registered Users Posts: 804 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2010
    please forgive my ignorance but when I click on the hyperlink for download, it just brings me to a blank page with no auto downloadne_nau.gif
    My Homepage :thumb-->http://dthorp.smugmug.com
    My Photo Blog -->http://dthorpphoto.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2010
    dadwtwins wrote:
    please forgive my ignorance but when I click on the hyperlink for download, it just brings me to a blank page with no auto downloadne_nau.gif
    this link http://cdn.smugmug.com/img/mac/MacDaddy-3.0.4.510.dmg

should put a dmg on your desktop or downloads folder, if it doesn't please write our Support Heroes and let us help you directly from the help desk. Thanks!
  • Options
    dadwtwinsdadwtwins Registered Users Posts: 804 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2010
    Andy wrote:
    this link http://cdn.smugmug.com/img/mac/MacDaddy-3.0.4.510.dmg

should put a dmg on your desktop or downloads folder, if it doesn't please write our Support Heroes and let us help you directly from the help desk. Thanks!

Thank you Andy, that worked:D.

This is the link on the first page-->http://www.smugmug.com/photos/mac/MacDaddy-3.0.1.dmgne_nau.gif

different than the one you just postedheadscratch.gif
    My Homepage :thumb-->http://dthorp.smugmug.com
    My Photo Blog -->http://dthorpphoto.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    marchymanmarchyman Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited October 31, 2010
    Never did see a definitive response regarding getting rid of the "Stream had too few bytes" startup error. Did I miss it? MacDaddy 3.0.4, OS X 10.6.4. I don't use iPhoto.

Edit: here's a partial answer to my question. In my case the message was apparently caused because I don't use iPhoto. Playing with MacDaddy prefs I saw the option to turn off iPhoto support. I did so and now the error message that I used to get at startup is gone.
  • Options
    dixondukedixonduke Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2011
    I recently migrated to my new Macbook Pro, and now have a strange thing happening with MacDaddy upon opening the program. I have uninstalled via "drag to trash" and using App Zapper, and reinstalled a couple of times now. It seems to work fine once I click off the error splash, so it is more an annoyance than anything right now. Thought I would ask to see if anyone else has seen this error and knows how to get it to go away?

The Error:
    1222409912_fS2Uu-L.png

What is uninstalled in an effort to fix the error:
    1222421356_zb6Fp-L.png

My system:
    1222416736_ocLcd-L.png1222415446_VyWXZ-L.png
    Duke
  • Options
    edited March 21, 2011
    dixonduke wrote: »
    I recently migrated to my new Macbook Pro, and now have a strange thing happening with MacDaddy upon opening the program. I have uninstalled via "drag to trash" and using App Zapper, and reinstalled a couple of times now. It seems to work fine once I click off the error splash, so it is more an annoyance than anything right now. Thought I would ask to see if anyone else has seen this error and knows how to get it to go away?

The Error:
    1222409912_fS2Uu-L.png

What is uninstalled in an effort to fix the error:
    1222421356_zb6Fp-L.png

My system:
    1222416736_ocLcd-L.png1222415446_VyWXZ-L.png

either disabled iPhoto under preferences or run iPhoto once.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    dixondukedixonduke Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2011
    thanks that has fixed me right up. how simple was that!!!!!!!
    Duke