Wow- New Look Control Panel !!

2»

Comments

• scwalterscwalter Registered Users Posts: 417 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2007
    alpacaboy wrote:
    Wow, from looking through this thread, I'm clearly in the minority, maybe even the lone voice, but am I seriously the only one that prefers the old layout?

Fundamentally, I got all the info I wanted with 1 click before, and now it takes more. I don't see that as a good thing.

I totally agree with you. I had the same comments when we went to the new photobar thing and saving a photo became a much more tedious process.

I will say that the new interface is pretty, but honestly it makes the Comic Sans smugmug logo and that nasty green color look pretty dated.

-Scott
    Scott Walter Photography
    scwalter.smugmug.com
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    PS: Whaaaaat - no mention of the filesize thing? :D
    !!!!!!!!

:D

MWAH!
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2007
    I know I'm slow to the party-- but love the new control panel, SM. Very slick and intuitive for me so far. :D

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2007
    dogwood wrote:
    I know I'm slow to the party-- but love the new control panel, SM. Very slick and intuitive for me so far. :D
    Pete, You can't be too slow, you caught Bigfoot :Dhttp://www.petespringer.com/gallery/980763#72378402
    I'm with you, I like the new tabs. I'm in c/p's all day long and I don't mind the extra click. I disliked those long scrolls to the bottom of the page.....
  • Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2007
    Scrolling and scrolling, and then scrolling back up cause you went too far = BAD.

Clicking once = GOOD.

I rest my case.

However it would be nice to be able to click refresh and not have it default back to the news, but not a biggie to me, just for the other ppl who really want it...

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2007
    However it would be nice to be able to click refresh and not have it default back to the news, but not a biggie to me, just for the other ppl who really want it...

=Matt=
    Hey Matt: "Stay Tuned...."
  • CASCAS Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited September 7, 2007
    Nice Job, Plus a Request
    Hi,

I have a request, but while online wanted to say nice job on the control panel tabs. More organized and quicker to the desired task. Appreciated.

My request is pure and unadulterated begging! I would like to watermark, but don't like "proof". Help indicates that I need a PNG file with transparent background in order to custom mark my images - via Photoshop. I don't use Photoshop, and can't produce such a file.

Would some kind Smugmug soul be willing to create such a file for me? I'd like to apply a simple unobtrusive mark in a professional looking font in the lower right corner of each image - the copyright symbol followed by my name: c chuck schug. Being unable to test this, I don't know if my best option is to produce the text in white or black or colors. I intend to slide the intensity level down quite low so as not to distract viewers.

If you could help, or educate me if I've missed something in the Help file, would appreciate it. Thanks,

Chuck Schug
  • RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2007
    CAS wrote:
    Hi,

Would some kind Smugmug soul be willing to create such a file for me? I'd like to apply a simple unobtrusive mark in a professional looking font in the lower right corner of each image - the copyright symbol followed by my name: c chuck schug. Being unable to test this, I don't know if my best option is to produce the text in white or black or colors. I intend to slide the intensity level down quite low so as not to distract viewers.

Chuck Schug

PM Sent...
  • CASCAS Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited September 7, 2007
    Thanks Very Much!!!
    I responded privately to RogersDA, but it seemed appropriate to let the dGrin community know of another kind deed performed by the members. I now have a custom mark with which to experiment - very nicely done.

Another reason why re-subscribing when my Smugmug anniversary date just occurred was a no-brainer - the help is always promptly there, even when unabashed whining or begging is included! Thanks again - Chuck