Nikon D3 (and D300) Samples

2»

Comments

• HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2007
    cabbey wrote:
    Haven't see anyone mention this yet, some amazing "real world" shots from a D3: http://cliffmautner.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/09/ok-its-after-1a.html

They were posted over in Harry's new Nikon info. thread. Still, very nice.
    Tim
  • D_C_NCD_C_NC Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2007
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2007
    A friend just sent me this link to a sportsshooter member using a D3 at a highschool football game.

Sorry if it's already been posted.

http://www.sportsshooter.com/erdrich/d3/index.html
    Randy
  • HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2007
    I just received an e-mail from Ritz Camera that said:

"We were just informed by Nikon that your new Nikon D300 DSLR is enroute to our warehouse. As soon as we receive the shipment, your new Nikon D300 DSLR will be on its way to you!"

Hopefully this isn't just hype and I'll get the camera before the holidays. Now all I need is for my D3 order to come through (not holding my breath on that one).
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited November 14, 2007
    Harryb wrote:
    I just received an e-mail from Ritz Camera that said:

"We were just informed by Nikon that your new Nikon D300 DSLR is enroute to our warehouse. As soon as we receive the shipment, your new Nikon D300 DSLR will be on its way to you!"

Hopefully this isn't just hype and I'll get the camera before the holidays. Now all I need is for my D3 order to come through (not holding my breath on that one).

Sounds great! Can't wait!
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • GiphsubGiphsub Registered Users Posts: 2,662 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2007
    Nice Harry!

I was told I'm not high enough on the list, so may miss out on the first round...
    edited November 16, 2007
    Amazingly the marketing geniuses at Nikon might finally be realizing that its irksome to have to pay another $100 for Nikon Capture after dropping a few grand for a camera body. Nikon UK has announced that they will include Capture NX with the D3 and D300.

Hopefully Nikon USA will follow Nikon UK's example.
    Harry
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
    edited November 16, 2007
  • JovesJoves Registered Users Posts: 200 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2007
    The thing that disappoints me is they only use their lenses wide open at the higher ISOs. I would like to see some higher f/ratios used to see the performance over a greater field of detail. Also the D300 shoot was weak using only ISO200. I have a D80 now and, may just wait to up-grade unless I see some better photos out of it. I think instead I will opt for the 14-24 f/2.8 for now or, should I say when it comes out. I need a good wide angle lense.
    I shoot therefore Iam.
    http://joves.smugmug.com/
  • HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2007
    Well, my local shop put on a sort of open house today, with reps from all the majors present. The Nikon dude had a D300 with him. It's nice. :D The big LCD is truly impressive. I took some 1600 and 3200 ISO shots of the black lenses on the poorly lit counter (using the new 24-70 2.8) and the noise looked well under control on the LCD. ne_nau.gif

I haven't been dissuaded. deal.gif
    Tim
  • dbaker1221dbaker1221 Registered Users Posts: 4,482 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2007
    :cry :cry I have just been informed by adorama that my d300 will not be coming & is back ordered .eek7.gif :cry :cry
    **If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
    Dave
    edited November 19, 2007
    11doh.gif :cry That sucks mate. I won't be getting mine in the first lot either...
    edited November 19, 2007
    Some first impressions of the D3 and D300 here.
    Harry
    edited November 21, 2007
    I just cghecked on teh Ritz web site and tehy say my D300 has been shipped. thumb.gif
    Harry
  • PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2007
    Harryb wrote:
    I just cghecked on teh Ritz web site and tehy say my D300 has been shipped. thumb.gif

I'm usually a patient person...but I've got to admit to a little disappointment because I ordered a D300 on 8/30 and have not gotten any good news from Ritz. In fact I sent an email yesterday afternoon inquiring as to a potential shipping date and this was their reply as of 8:20PM on 8/20/07:

Dear Paul,

Thank you for providing an opportunity to be of assistance.

This is with regard to your order number 1xxxxx1.

As per the latest update from Nikon, the shipment is expected to begin in the month of November. However, we are yet to receive an update regarding the exact date of shipment from the manufacturer. We will ship the camera as soon as we receive it from the manufacturer. You will receive an email confirmation once the order is shipped.

You can always check your order status online by clicking on the 'Order Status' button on our website.

Please feel free to contact us for further assistance.

Sincerely,
    Brenda Jones,
    Customer Service,
    www.RitzCamera.com.

headscratch.gif

I checked their web site for my order status and it says "backordered". I have read posts of others who ordered after I did and they have had theirs shipped as well. :cry
    edited November 21, 2007
    I'm usually a patient person...but I've got to admit to a little disappointment because I ordered a D300 on 8/30 and have not gotten any good news from Ritz. In fact I sent an email yesterday afternoon inquiring as to a potential shipping date and this was their reply as of 8:20PM on 8/20/07:

Dear Paul,

Thank you for providing an opportunity to be of assistance.

This is with regard to your order number 1xxxxx1.

As per the latest update from Nikon, the shipment is expected to begin in the month of November. However, we are yet to receive an update regarding the exact date of shipment from the manufacturer. We will ship the camera as soon as we receive it from the manufacturer. You will receive an email confirmation once the order is shipped.

You can always check your order status online by clicking on the 'Order Status' button on our website.

Please feel free to contact us for further assistance.

Sincerely,
    Brenda Jones,
    Customer Service,
    www.RitzCamera.com.

headscratch.gif

I checked their web site for my order status and it says "backordered". I have read posts of others who ordered after I did and they have had theirs shipped as well. :cry

I placed my order on 8/24 about 6 days ahead of you. Lots of folks who pre-ordered at Ritz got e-mails saying that Nikon had shipped the D300s to Ritz and that as soon as it was received they would be shipping the D300s out to us.

If you didn't get that e-mail I would say that you're not in the first shipment and will have to wait for the second shipment. If you're impatient check out your local stores and if they ahve them cancel your Ritz order. I could have gotten a D300 today from my local store if Ritz hadn't already
    shipped my D300 out.
    Harry
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited November 27, 2007
    Now that the Nikon D300 is shipping, I'm going to start a new thread mostly so newcomers don't have to sift through this thread to find pertinant information about the "production" cameras.

I'll shift some of the most recent posts from here to the new thread.

Please continue this thread only for "preview" or "pre-production" information.

Thanks,
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums