Options

Non Offical LPS 12 Favorites

indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
edited September 22, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Post your top ten-ish favorites from the LPS 12 here. Beat the judges! Go nuts!

Jesse

Comments

• Options
    indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2007
    196675978-L.jpg

Here are mine. Nice round, folks! This one was fun to watch unfold.
  • Options
    eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    My picks
    This was an incredibly tough theme - congrats to all that came up with these really strong ideas. My top-10 in order entered.

6. Titus Andronicus' Vindicta
    hurricanesteve
    194574867-Th.jpg

10. Agape
    fashiznitsngrins
    195229898-Th.jpg

12. Ariel
    Travis
    (top overall pick - just awesome!)
    193967784-Th.jpg

16. Invidia
    Nikos
    194142320-Th.jpg

22. Sin or virtue? Yours to decide
    iFocus
    194678528-Th.jpg

23. hello, cupcake
    indiegirl
    196112284-Th.jpg

37. Imagination
    Saurora
    195769331-Th-3.jpg

40. "Bubba's Big-Eyed Tummy"
    HoofClix
    195958309-Th.jpg

43. All That Glitters
    LiquidAir
    196408581-Th.jpg

46. Liquid Dreams
    JFreeman
    196352017-Th.jpg
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    Here are mine
    #12 - Travis - Ariel bowdown.gif
    193967784-Th.jpg

#20 - Pat664422 - Delicious Misbehavior
    194659300-Th.jpg

#23 - indiegirl - hello, cupcake
    196112284-Th.jpg

#28 - hamster - After Hours
    195408620-Th.jpg

#34 - drdane - My Religion is Kindness
    195723742-180x240.jpg

#36 - quark - Seeking Forgiveness
    195768411-Th.jpg

#39 - Awais Yaqub - Result
    195917684-Th.jpg

#43 - LiquidAir - All the Glitters bowdown.gif
    196408581-Th.jpg

#46 - JFreeman - Liquid Dreams
    196352017-Th.jpg

#51 - Tessa HD - Patience
    194201517-Th-1.jpg
  • Options
    HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    OK, I'll give you my whole list this time.... My top 11, in order of post:

#8 MarkTodd Pigging Out
    ... for taking the image to the extreme ...
    #12 Travis Ariel
    ... for it's ethereality
    #13 Tentation Yeah, It's All About Me..!!
    ... for such a mocking, unapologetic, display ...
    #16 nikos Invidia
    ... for once you're there, you can't take it back ...
    #22 ifocus Sin or virtue? Yours to decide
    ... for there is no gray area here ...
    #23 indiegirl hello, cupcake
    ... for knowing that even a child can have lust ...
    #27 kp-pix It started innocently enough.......
    ... for whether or not it ended in sin ...
    #36 quark Seeking Forgiveness
    ... for displaying a sinner's redeeming virtue ...
    #37 saurora Imagination
    ... for seeing a new virtue in the eyes of a child** ...
    #49 Justiceiro Gluttony
    ... for the raw take on the subject, and for the minimal shopwork ...
    #52 gonefishin Forbidden
    ... for the most sensually involved composition on this subject...

** If only we could all see a child's virtues at such an early stage, we might then nurture it from that point on!

Added content: I have to also state a sort of bias that I have. I would tend to not place highly any photos that are taken of statues, as I basically see them as the art of someone else, not the photographer, at least in an art contest. I don't say at all that this is plagiarism, just that I would have to see a really creative use of a statue in order to rank it higher than a non-statue. The several that I see in this LPS are actually very well done photographs, but I would rather see them used in a critical discussion of the work of the artist who created it in the first place.
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • Options
    BistiArtBistiArt Registered Users Posts: 307 Major grins
    LPS 12 - Sin or Virtue
    196793574-L.jpg

Agape
    Impact 5
    Composition 5
    Technical 4
    Score 14
    Comment
    Agape Love - Spiritual, selfless, and a model for humanity!
    Excellent image of age old story of virtue…
    Well balanced, well lit, ethereal.

Best of Show

All That Glitters
    Impact 5
    Composition 4
    Technical 4
    Score 13
    Comment
    Very nice… part of man’s perennial sin, greed - couched against persistent virtue.
    Burn down brightness of hands and increase outer glow of gold coin. +1
    Judges Choice

Forgive Me
    Impact 5
    Composition 4
    Technical 4
    Score 13
    Comment
    Drink and gluttony can be man’s true downfall…
    Compelling use of Quick Mask to highlight
    Judges Choice

Virgen de Guadalupe
    Impact 4
    Composition 4
    Technical 4
    Score 12
    Comment
    Carving of ancient Mexican legend. Sharp-to-subtle shadows highlight traditional Catholic virgin…
    Appear in golden halo +1

End of Envy
    Impact 4
    Composition 4
    Technical 3
    Score 11
    Comment
    Emotional reaction to imbalanced worldly pressures.
    Would like to see vignette/burn eliminate some of light reflections on shower parts. +1

Dahli Lama
    Impact 4
    Composition 3
    Technical 3
    Score 10
    Comment
    Image slightly dark for maximum impact. +2
    Whole title too long.

It Started Innocently Enough
    Impact 4
    Composition 3
    Technical 3
    Score 10
    Comment
    Crop cuts out space above glass. A little too much black on rhs. +2
    Title too long…

So It All Begins
    Impact 3
    Composition 3
    Technical 3
    Score 10
    Comment
    Sin begins with just a bite from the forbidden apple.
    If cropped a little more from the left, a nice dodge in the background on the right would help. +2

For the People
    Impact 3
    Composition 3
    Technical 3
    Score 9
    Comment
    Nice sky; powerful view of horses and chariot.
    Feet of horses cut off +1

Family Devotion
    Impact 2
    Composition 3
    Technical 3
    Score 8
    Comment
    No indication of family; too subtly inferred.
    Needs bird in upper third so its descending. Lower beak too big for reality.

Virtue or/and Sin shows a range of interpretations, from eternal faith to short term avarice, greed, and gluttony. Some images are artistic; some are highly evolved digital concepts. With a definite range of viewpoints, choices between creation of and resulting images are a strong reflection of inner personal views. As is judging...
    Each topic challenges both photographer and their own inner emotional and digital realities.

We use techniques of Impact, Composition, and Technical for LPS 12 trying to rank superb images.

Congratulations and Enjoy...
    Joe

[FONT=&quot]As You Think, So Shall You BE... Rumi, 13th Century Persian Poet

Award-Winning Photography, Workshop Instructor, Storyteller, Writer

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Blog: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Pathways of Light[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Workshops: Creating Fine Art Magic[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Book: Paths of Light [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Workshops: 2011 Lightroom 3 Workshops
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Galleries, Bisti Art
    [/FONT]
  • Options
    JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins
    In no particular order:

#6 Hurricansteve- Titus Andronicus Vindicta

194574867-S.jpg

#12 Travis- Ariel
    193967784-S.jpg

#16 Nikos- Invidia
    194142320-S.jpg

#23 Indiegirl- Hello, Cupcake
    196112284-S.jpg

#30 Imax-Forgive Me
    195269729-S.jpg

#40 Hoofclix- Bubba's Big Eyed Tummy

#41 Pyroprints- You're a Slave to Money, then you die
    (can't seem to load this image)

#43 LiquidAir- All that glitters
    196408581-S.jpg

#51 TessaHD- Patience

194201517-S-1.jpg
    #52- gonefishin- Forbidden
    196590158-S.jpg
    Cave ab homine unius libri
  • Options
    GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    My LPS#12 Faves
    196855321-L.

Though a relatively low number of entries, there was some great creativity. I really enjoyed watching the entries come in and the different way people interpreted the themes. Thank you all for being so inspiring!
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• Options
    davalistudiosdavalistudios Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    My favorites
    In order of post:

#6 Titus Andronicus' Vindicta
    #8 Pigging Out
    #10 Agape
    #12 Ariel
    #15 Marriage and the Virtue of Loyalty
    #27 It started innocently enough.......
    #31 Filthy (M)animals
    #36 Seeking Forgiveness
    #37 Imagination
    #40 "Bubba's Big-Eyed Tummy"
  • Options
    kp-pixkp-pix Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2007
    I didn't get around to this, this morning :cry and needless to say I found it difficult to pin down ten favorites.

But then, a lot of what I loved didn't make the cut anyway :cry

Thanks to those who liked my image and thank you Bistiart for the details :D taken on board and I definitely agree about the title!!
  • Options
    TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    Thanks y'all once again!
    I feel incredibly privilged to be selected so high in the unofficial results by such a great group of talented photographers! Of course, you may want to check your glasses because the photo wasn't even worthy enough of a top-20 mention. rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

On to the next round where we get to something truly symbolic..... chasing shadows. wings.gif

In all seriousness, this round was especially difficult for most. It was really impressive to the different works that were submitted.
  • Options
    eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    Travis wrote:
    I feel incredibly privilged to be selected so high in the unofficial results by such a great group of talented photographers! Of course, you may want to check your glasses because the photo wasn't even worthy enough of a top-20 mention. rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

On to the next round where we get to something truly symbolic..... chasing shadows. wings.gif

In all seriousness, this round was especially difficult for most. It was really impressive to the different works that were submitted.

Hey Travis,
    I was so surprised to not see your name anywhere on the list that I went back to your entry to make sure that the exif was embedded and the date correct. I thought you had been disqualified on a technicality! Sorry you didn't make the top-10 in this round. Like I said in my post, it really is an awesome photo. Would make a great ad (for...something...)!
    E
  • Options
    I really have to agree here, Travis. Your image was my main 'surprise' in the overall results.

It was exceptional. Well done! bowdown.gif
  • Options
    I agree. The exclusion of Travis' image was very "surprising" indeed. I see that it didn't even make the short list, which, again, is very surprising because the short list in this round is chosen from an overall short list of entries.

I would be very interested to see the judges individual rankings of each photo, and their ideas each photo itself. That would be very interesting indeed. Do you think we will see such a thing?
  • Options
    Oh I don't mind NOT seeing the full list after dreaming I came last the other time :Drolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    Well folks, that's horse racin'. That's just horse racin'!
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • Options
    Pat664422Pat664422 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    In order of submission:

12 Ariel by Travis

15 Marriage and the Virtue of Loyalty by mpaulie

25 For the People by Swartzy

34 My Religion is Kindness by Drdane

36 Seeking Forgiveness by Quark

37 Imagination by Saurora

38 Virgen de Guadalupe by BistiArt

45 Blasphemer by Strikeslip

46 Liquid Dreams by JFreeman

47 And So It All Begins by Stuffjunkie

Honorable mention:

43 All That Glitters by LiquidAir
  • Options
    TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    Hey JT...I told you "Ariel" ROCKED..and I still say it rocks...It is a photo I would hang in my Studio or in my Home.

So as you stated....now we can move on to chasing something else..."Shadows".......Cuz I am still in the shadows from the Judgement call of the LPS12

I agree with you Justi...It would be quite interesting reading to see the "Whys" of the judgement call....

If not......Then let us all move on to the "Light" for we are casting "Shadows" in this thread...Laughing.gif (I crack myself up sometimes..ha ha ha ha ...Kiddin Folks...rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif )
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • Options
    TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    Well.... long post with a cheesy story... :-)
    I really appreciate the positive feedback and critiques that you have provided on my entry; however, we have been down this path before in multiple rounds. Even if the popular majority does not agree with them, the judges are free to base their opinions on personal interpretations, subjectivity, general bias, and to a lesser extent (at least I hope although we know it happens) personal relationships.

The truth is I want to win as much as the next person, maybe even more so to be perfectly honest (it is that competitive vibe in me). However, I will walk away from this competition knowing that I did create an image in which I can take pride based on the support that it garnished here. Just the fact that so many great photographers and artists on this board stood up for my image is overwhelming to me! It far exceeds placing in a contest with a lesser image wondering if I got there on the virtue (no pun intended) of the image itself. And for those of you that placed, please don't take that as a slight - I'm not belittling your images as I'm trying to make a point that I have drawn more from this round than possibly expected even if it fell short of the overall goal. Hopefully that makes sense in some nonsensical way.

~disclaimer: cheesy heartfelt surf story to follow in effort to make a point~
    When I was little gremmie first learning to surf, I was taught one of the most valuable lessons that I have learned in my life. I was flailing around in the break, getting pummeled by wave after wave, until I was on the verge of quitting when I was approached by “Pops”, an 85 year old man that drove a beat up white Mercededs with board racks and was always surfing the 3rd street peak. He asked me what was wrong and I told him that the waves were too out of control. He stared at me for a moment before saying, ‘no, the problem is that you are trying to control them. You can’t. You can, though, control yourself. It is very simple – stay in control of your thoughts and actions and learn to work with the ocean.’ Even as a 10 y/o, I laughed at the old mans transcendental crap. A little while later I took a deep calming breath, dropped into a chest-high peak, made a single bottom turn, and pulled out over the shoulder. Within that single moment, I understood what he meant. I was in control of me, not panicking and not attempting to force a move. It lasted only a couple of seconds but it was fluid and beautiful. I was never destined to be the next Shaun Thompson or Martin Potter, but every trip from then on was enjoyable and I learned a lesson that I’ve carried with me since my childhood. "Pops" passed on several years ago but his lesson is still as alive as the day I met him.

So what does this have to do with LPS other than some sentimental trip down memory lane? The same as anything else in life… Remember that the only thing you can truly control is yourself and strive to be the best at everything that you choose to do. You will gain not only a great level of achievement but also the respect of those around you. Everything else outside of your control is merely a distraction and if you let it, it will eventually consume you. Is the judging fair? Who knows? Who really cares? I mean we all want to win but maybe they know or see something different than I do. It is outside of my control as a participant and I can't offer up a better alternative. What I can do is take the support of Emily, Donna, Patrick, Kx-Pix, Ken, Justi, Eoren, and all of the rest that ranked my image and use that energy to drive me to create even better works in the future.

When it is all said and done, it is all that really matters. No one will remember who won LPS 12 a year from now, but if approached properly everyone competing in this series should be better prepared to lead the community in the photography field, whether fine art, commercial, or studio work. Some of us may remain hobbyists but I believe that your homes will be accented with images far and above those adorning your neighbors’.

Thanks again for all of the positive words. This is a great group to compete as well as collaborate! :D
  • Options
    fashiznitsngrinsfashiznitsngrins Registered Users Posts: 220 Major grins
    Travis wrote:
    I really appreciate the positive feedback and critiques that you have provided on my entry; however, we have been down this path before in multiple rounds. Even if the popular majority does not agree with them, the judges are free to base their opinions on personal interpretations, subjectivity, general bias, and to a lesser extent (at least I hope although we know it happens) personal relationships....

...Thanks again for all of the positive words. This is a great group to compete as well as collaborate! :D

WOW! What more can I say other than, "well said!!!"?
  • Options
    travis wrote:
    ~disclaimer: cheesy heartfelt surf story

Ohhhhhhh JT, bestill my heart...if you ran for President, I would vote for you NOW !! Laughing.gif

Your heartfelt words have moved me. Whohooo...Feel Honored Dude, not many men can do that to me..ha ha ha ha ha ha.

On a serious note...I AGREE (enuff said)
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • Options
    the judges are free to base their opinions on personal interpretations, subjectivity, general bias, and to a lesser extent (at least I hope although we know it happens) personal relationships.

Personal opinions? Sure. I would hope that these would be opinions that are informed opinions based on familiarity with the craft, and I know that in at least one case, they are or ought to be. I don't know who the temporary judges are.

Personal relationships to a lesser extent? I disagree. Personal relationships should have exactly zero influence on this. To the extent that they do, the process is corrupt. I am not certain if they do or not.

Even personal subjectivity ought not be entirely subjective. I'll take an example that I know well- industrial paint. One can have personal opinions that are entirely subjective about paint. Which color is nicer, whether the gloss should be higher or lower, the thickness of application, even the type of technology applied (urethane, epoxy, etc.) or if a surface should be painted at all. If a paint is applied and it immediately falls off then, regardless of personal subjective aesthetic opinion, I think we can all agree that it is not good paint.

There is also an element of recieved norms within photography as well. A lot of it depends on what type of "paint" you are going to use.

I'll use as a counterfactual example a picture that I liked (that of Travis) so I don't single out any particular photo as being "bad."

Travis chose to make a digital image, in that he used layers, props, effects, etc. It's not a straight up photograph. I can think that he shouldn't make a digital image, and shoudl have stuck to more "traditional" photography. Or I can think that he should have chosen a different subject (lord knows, I think that quite a lot)- these are all subjective opinions. What is not subjective is that ,despite my personal opinions regarding the aesthetics and suitability of Travis' subject, the methodology he used was good. If he had inserted the principal subject into the background, but had screwed up the exposure so that it was an obvious implant, or if he had inserted a subject that had been lit from a radically different angle, then the collage effect would have been awkward, and this can be judged "objectively" to be a bad image. The only way this can be considered "subjective" is if our commitment to subjictivity is too radical to allow the possibility of the existence of any objectivity whatsoever- a valid position, but one that makes participating in a contest or soliciting critiques a somewhat awkward proposition.

I happen to like Travis' image. It is also possible not to "like" an image for a specific situation, but still think it is a good image. This is the case, for me, with Saurora's entry. I don't think it is a good fit for sin or virtue. I do think it is a good photograph, however, and had it made the finals I would have disagreed, but I would understand.

It's not that I disagree with some of the choices that have been made. It is that I find them, literally, incomprehensible.
  • Options
    Awwwwww Justiceiro..Why Why Oh Why....Now you had to go and get like like like like, all technical on us again Dude...(in my best valley girl imitation and twirling gum)...

Quest: Were you a judge once for one the LPS contests??

Quest: If yes, then what was the Criteria set forth for you to utilize when judging the photos?

Not many right? Reading prior threads, whereas the judges were told to judge photos as they deemed appropriate?

SO then wouldn't what Travis wrote would be totally justified??

Quest: Are the judges selected because of their abilities?

Ans: I Don't Know...Perhaps they were asked and just agreed.

Which would answer the question...WHY...because the judges are not PROS and are just doing a "civil service"...lol

They went thru a "jury selection" and they met the criteria (photographers, they like taking pictures)...????
  • Options
    LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    I have been hemming and hawing about Travis' entry "Ariel" myself because as an image it is my personal favorite of this round. Beautful, evocative, different. What more can you ask for?

Well, I can see someone saying that it doesn't satisfy the theme. Sin and Virtue are arugably human traits and applied to us mortals who were granted the choice between good and evil. While my knowlege of theological theory is weak to say the least, I can certainly see the argument that neither Sin nor Virtue can properly be applied to a member of heavenly host. As an archangel, the fate of Ariel's soul is presumably not in question so the judgements of sin and virtue don't apply. Looking at it another way, if I got commission from a church to represnt virtue in a photograph my first guess would be that the want images of mortals making virtuous choices.

None of this takes away from the fact that "Ariel" is a fantastic image.
  • Options
    LiquidAir wrote:
    I have been hemming and hawing about Travis' entry "Ariel" myself because as an image it is my personal favorite of this round. Beautful, evocative, different. What more can you ask for?

Well, I can see someone saying that it doesn't satisfy the theme. Sin and Virtue are arugably human traits and applied to us mortals who were granted the choice between good and evil. While my knowlege of theological theory is weak to say the least, I can certainly see the argument that neither Sin nor Virtue can properly be applied to a member of heavenly host. As an archangel, the fate of Ariel's soul is presumably not in question so the judgements of sin and virtue don't apply. Looking at it another way, if I got commission from a church to represnt virtue in a photograph my first guess would be that the want images of mortals making virtuous choices.

Good point. I was taking the angel as symbolic of an aspiration to moral perfection, but strictly speaking, you are correct.
  • Options
    LiquidAir wrote:

Oooo another good pt....but since Ariel is a Child Angel...Don't they say (human mortals) that children are taken from this life at an early age because of their goodness? Then Goodness would be a virtue, which would then represent to me that Ariel (who is a child in this photo) was taken from life at an early age to be an Angel of God because of her goodness (Did I word this right..Laughing.gif)

Wow, who ever thought that Sin or Virtue would be sooo complex...No wonder my Mom never would allow conversations about religion or politics at the dinner table..:D mwink.gif
  • Options
    Tentacion wrote:
    Awwwwww Justiceiro..Why Why Oh Why....Now you had to go and get like like like like, all technical on us again Dude...(in my best valley girl imitation and twirling gum)...

Quest: Were you a judge once for one the LPS contests??

Quest: If yes, then what was the Criteria set forth for you to utilize when judging the photos?

Not many right? Reading prior threads, whereas the judges were told to judge photos as they deemed appropriate?

SO then wouldn't what Travis wrote would be totally justified??

Quest: Are the judges selected because of their abilities?

Ans: I Don't Know...Perhaps they were asked and just agreed.

Which would answer the question...WHY...because the judges are not PROS and are just doing a "civil service"...lol

They went thru a "jury selection" and they met the criteria (photographers, they like taking pictures)...????

I have never been a judge for the LPS. Or anything else, for that matter. Are the judges selected for their abilities? I don't know. I hope so. The guy that runs the show certainly has ability, so I would hope that he would select judges that also have ability. As to how things are done up there, I really have no idea.
  • Options
    Justiceiro wrote:
    I have never been a judge for the LPS. Or anything else, for that matter. Are the judges selected for their abilities? I don't know. I hope so. The guy that runs the show certainly has ability, so I would hope that he would select judges that also have ability. As to how things are done up there, I really have no idea.

ROTFLMAO...Justiceiro..I was joking with you....but to tell you the truth...If you were ever a judge...I would be very Afraid...lol lol rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    Tentacion wrote:
    ROTFLMAO...Justiceiro..I was joking with you....but to tell you the truth...If you were ever a judge...I would be very Afraid...lol lol rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

So would I. but I'm fairly certain I would win that round.:D
  • Options
    LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    Tentacion wrote:
    Oooo another good pt....but since Ariel is a Child Angel...Don't they say (human mortals) that children are taken from this life at an early age because of their goodness? Then Goodness would be a virtue, which would then represent to me that Ariel (who is a child in this photo) was taken from life at an early age to be an Angel of God because of her goodness (Did I word this right..Laughing.gif)

Wow, who ever thought that Sin or Virtue would be sooo complex...No wonder my Mom never would allow conversations about religion or politics at the dinner table..:D mwink.gif

If I were given this contest to judge, I could easily see myself making the theme decision this way: look at each photo without the title and see if I can name the sin or virtue being represented. When I look a the entry thread this way, several great photos get eliminated.
  • Options
    Since this has been such an INTENSE round for EVERYONE, I wanted to
    share this story which I feel is pretty funny, and a good laugh never hurt anyone whether you be a Sinner or an Angel..mwink.gif .

PECANS IN THE CEMETERY

On the outskirts of a small town, there was a big, old pecan tree just inside
    the cemetery fence. One day, two boys filled up a bucketful of nuts and
    sat down by the tree, out of sight, and began dividing the nuts.

"One for you, one for me. One for you, one for me," said one boy. Several
    dropped and rolled down toward the fence.

Another boy came riding along the road on his bicycle. As he passed, he
    thought he heard voices from inside the cemetery. He slowed down to investigate.

Sure enough, he heard, "One for you, one for me. One for you, one for me."

He just knew what it was. He jumped back on his bike and rode off. Just
    around the bend he met an old man with a cane, hobbling along.

"Come here quick," said the boy, "you won't believe what I heard! Satan
    and the Lord are down at the cemetery dividing up the souls."

The man said, "Beat it kid, can't you see it's hard for me to walk." When the
    boy insisted though, the man hobbled slowly to the cemetery.

Standing by the fence they heard, "One for you, one for me. One for you, one for me."

The old man whis pered, "Boy, you've been tellin' me the truth. Let's see if we can see the Lord."

Shaking with fear, they peered through the fence, yet were still unable to
    see anything. The old man and the boy gripped the wrought iron bars of the
    fence tighter and tighter as they tried to get a glimpse of the Lord.

At last they heard, "One for you, one for me. That's all. Now let's go get
    those nuts by the fence and we'll be done."

They say the old man made it back to town a full 5 minutes ahead of the kid on the bike.
    SMILE, God Loves You!