Options

I Survived The San Diego Wedding Photographers Boot Camp - Confessions of a Camper

2»

Comments

• Options
    ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2007
    Progress
    I think it will be interesting to follow how each of us progresses so I hope everyone will report in.

I've been working on my website since we are back. Because I am doing more portrait work than weddings at this point and the wedding photographer who does 300 weddings a year (not all on his own) moved out from my office building and moved 18 miles away, I am negotiation for a studio space next to my office. There are other wedding related businesses for referrals here too. My goal is to do 12 to 18 weddings a year

My Sunkpak's arrived on Friday and I have a location portrait to do on Tuesday, so I will have some images to post next week.
    Thanks so much for the very kind words, just a note on #10 It is a great example of always looking at your surroundings and being flexible. Shay had noted to me before my shoot that the bride was getting a bit tired so I decided to have her take a break and start with some shots of just the groom. While I was chimping the first few shots of him looking over my camera I noticed her sitting on the bench behind him making goofey faces at him, so I widend my zoom a bit and caught a few. I really liked the look so I started to have them interact. Something completely unplanned turned into a very nice shot. Had to include a picture of Jen, she was absolutly amazing throughout the entire 4 days.

Very nice shots Perry, that was a great location for the formals, really shows the advantages of scoping out a location before a shoot.

I went with Vistaprint, they had a great special, think i paid $15 for 500 cards. They were supposed to be here yesterday but have not arrived yet. I'll let you know about the quality when they do.

clap.gifbarb clap.gifbarb clap.gif :ivar WAY TO GO KELLY!!!!!!!!

I have also gotten some very quick results. I have two seperate appointemnts set up to meet with prospective clients in the next two weeks. They are both friends of friends who forwarded the link to my gallery along knowing they were looking for a photographer. Don't know if they will pan out but its a start!! I odviously want to book them, but strangely enough the part I am most excited about is having the confidence to not book them if I feel we arn't the right fit. Thanks for instilling that confidence Jennifer!!!
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com