Options

Camera Strap

Comments

• Options
    dancorderdancorder Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2007
    This is very cool, I hope there are still some of these left, I was just thinking about getting a new camera strap :D
  • Options
    billg71billg71 Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited October 22, 2007
    Duplicate post.... Sorry!
  • Options
    billg71billg71 Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited October 22, 2007
    Mine came today!:D

Thanks to the team!wings.gif

Bill
  • Options
    CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2007
    Here's mine hot off the mailbox, still in its original packaging. Thanks to the SmugMug Team.bowdown.gif
    Southern California sky is filled with smoke and ash from all the brush fires still raging in the last few days. Can't help but feel sorry for all the people who lost their houses and treasured memories. This means I should get going on my off-site backup plan.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • Options
    greenpeagreenpea Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2007
    I got mine wings.gif

...but then my 3 year old daughter claimed it as her own (she thougth it would make a really cool belt). But I bribed her with a smugmug sticker and managed to get the camera strap back. She immediately took the sticker and stuck it on my wife leg (I'm pretty sure there will be some contest entery photos out of all of this).:D
    Andrew
    initialphotography.smugmug.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera" - Dorothea Lange
  • Options
    mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2007
    Man these straps are hot, uber comfortable, gonna' put them to work next week when SEMA rolls around hahah rolleyes1.gif, thanks again SM team, here's my own little SM offering:
  • Options
    gman33gman33 Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2007
    Thank you to all of the folks at Smugmug for making this such a wonderful community to be a part of. I sent an email for my strap and stickers the other day. Can't wait for it to get here....thanks again guys...it makes a difference to all of us users the support you provide. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    Ed G - Philadelphia, PA
    http://ergphoto.smugmug.com
  • Options
    SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 23, 2007
    Just as an update for those of you waiting patiently for your straps...

By the time we received the first 5,000 last Thursday, we had a huge backlog of strap orders to work through. We have now shipped or are about to ship all orders submitted by PM or email up until the 17th of October. We are trying to ship out about 300 per day and should be caught up with requests in the year 2010 when Google has acquired the entire web except for SmugMug and icanhascheezburger.

We underestimated by a little tiny bit how popular the straps would be. Fortunately, we are ordering 10,000 more. Any orders submitted after the 20th of October will probably not ship until we get the second batch, about a month or two away. Sorry!
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • Options
    Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2007
    Sheaf wrote:

By the time we received the first 5,000 last Thursday, we had a huge backlog of strap orders to work through. We have now shipped or are about to ship all orders submitted by PM or email up until the 17th of October. We are trying to ship out about 300 per day and should be caught up with requests in the year 2010 when Google has acquired the entire web except for SmugMug and icanhascheezburger.!

frantically checking "sent" box in email to see if I got my request in before the 17th... ack - it's on the other computer, so I'll to check later rolleyes1.gif

they look so cool - can't wait to be a proud, show-off smuggerthumb.gif

C.

update - my request went in on the 18th :cry
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • Options
    DizzleDizzle Registered Users Posts: 240 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2007
    Sheaf wrote:

By the time we received the first 5,000 last Thursday, we had a huge backlog of strap orders to work through. We have now shipped or are about to ship all orders submitted by PM or email up until the 17th of October. We are trying to ship out about 300 per day and should be caught up with requests in the year 2010 when Google has acquired the entire web except for SmugMug and icanhascheezburger.

WOOHOO!!! I sent my e-mail on the 17th!!!
    Dizzle
    DeNic Photography | Portfolio | Group Blog
    Canon 50D | 50 1.8 | 17-50 2.8 | 70-200 4L
  • Options
    salazarsalazar Registered Users Posts: 392 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2007
    So, as I sent my PM to Sheaf on Sep-25-2007, 07:14 PM I may, in fact, have a strap on the way, "to go with my new Canon 40D (if it ever gets here)." The 40D got here, now I'll have to see how long customs hangs onto the strap.
    Please feel free to retouch and repost my images. Critique, Suggestions, and Technique tips always welcomed. Thanks for your interest.
  • Options
    edited October 23, 2007
    salazar wrote:
    So, as I sent my PM to Sheaf on Sep-25-2007, 07:14 PM I may, in fact, have a strap on the way, "to go with my new Canon 40D (if it ever gets here)." The 40D got here, now I'll have to see how long customs hangs onto the strap.

Yeah, yours shipped yesterday. I haven't heard of any international orders arriving yet and I'm not sure how long it will take. Oh and I didn't attach any customs forms, so I'm crossing my fingers that the 400 international orders I already shipped out make it to their destinations.
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • Options
    nikosnikos Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2007
    Got Mine thumb.gif A BIG thanks to the Smug-Mug honchos for their never-ending generosity.

Nikos
  • Options
    RazrxRazrx Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited October 23, 2007
    Strap
    Is there a list of who is or is not getting a strap?? I know I sent mine off, but no confirmation...I know its free, but wondering if and when one would get one is going to kill me....My new Canon 5D needs some smug on it!
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2007
    Razrx wrote:
    Is there a list of who is or is not getting a strap?? I know I sent mine off, but no confirmation...I know its free, but wondering if and when one would get one is going to kill me....My new Canon 5D needs some smug on it!

Your request was submitted late on the 17th. I have your strap right in front of me. Just be patient. :D
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • Options
    KRFamiliarKRFamiliar Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited October 24, 2007
    Baldy wrote:
    Sharp eyes! That's my camera strap, the only SmugMug camera strap in the world. It's soft, slightly stretchy, looks cool, and it doesn't slide off your shoulder because it's grippy.

Andy, I hope you forgive me spilling the beans but we've got, cough, 5,000 of them coming! We got the mother of bulk discounts, doncha know. I imagine we can spare one for you so just email straps at smugmug dot com with your address and it will be done. Be patient 'cus they're not scheduled to arrive here until mid-October.

I know this is a joke, right?
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2007
    KRFamiliar wrote:
    I know this is a joke, right?
    Baldy isnt know for his jokes.
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2007
    Sheaf wrote:
    Yeah, yours shipped yesterday. I haven't heard of any international orders arriving yet and I'm not sure how long it will take. Oh and I didn't attach any customs forms, so I'm crossing my fingers that the 400 international orders I already shipped out make it to their destinations.

Thanks Sheaf. This forum and ya' all that run it never cease to amaze me!
    Please feel free to retouch and repost my images. Critique, Suggestions, and Technique tips always welcomed. Thanks for your interest.
  • Options
    J.T.J.T. Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2007
    smugmug straps still available?
    I put in an email for a nifty smugmug strap, just wondering if they're still available? Thanks!
    John "J.T."
    http://johnthiele.smugmug.com

Nikon D80 w/MB-D80 vertical grip
    Tokina 50-135 f/2.8
    Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D
    Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G
    Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR

RPS Studio Rotating Flash Bracket

SB 600

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter." -- Ansel Adams
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2007
    J.T. wrote:
    I put in an email for a nifty smugmug strap, just wondering if they're still available? Thanks!

John,

Your request was sent on the 20th in the afternoon. We have a bit of a backlog on shipping and are running low on straps, but I think you will probably get a strap within a week and a half.
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited October 25, 2007
    HOLD THE PRESSES!!! eek7.gif

The deal sites found out about us and we got hit with a tsunami of orders last night, which cleaned us out.

So we put an enthusiastic autoreply on the straps email saying that orders exceeded supply. So we've ordered a bunch more but it takes the manufacturer around 45 days to get new ones to us. For people who made their request after noon Pacific on October 25th (65 minutes from now), we're sorry to say that the free strap fiesta ended.

But. If you're a dgrinner before that time or a paying SmugMug subscriber, just include your dgrin or SmugMug nickname in the subject line and say something personal in the body to persuade us you're the genuine article, and we'd love to get you a strap (when we get more).

Of if you're entering the Where In The World is Smuggy Contest, say that in your subject line and in the body persuade us it's true. (The deal site people don't even seem to know what kind of camera straps these are. They seem to think they're wrist straps for point-and-shoot cameras.).

Thanks!
    Baldy
  • Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited October 25, 2007
    Okay, even better: go here to order them.
  • Options
    jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2007
    I just found out about it and sent in a request. Even if I don't get one, this is very cool. Keep up the good work of customer relations.clap.gif
  • Options
    Phatman113Phatman113 Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited October 27, 2007
    I second this! I also just found out and placed an order!

Thanks again to SmugMug for everything you guys do! You definitely are the best at what you do!
    http://phatman113.smugmug.com
    Canon Digital Rebel XTi :lust
    - Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM lens :lust
    - Kit lens...:cry
  • Options
    RazrxRazrx Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited October 28, 2007
    Strap
    I got mine yesterday!!!! It's very cool, I am very happy with and it looks great on my brand new Canon 5D!

Thank you Smug! bowdown.gif
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2007
    Sheaf, and all the rest at DGrin! Happy Halloween!

My Beautiful New Smugmug Strap arrived in the mail at noon today (Nova Scotia, Canada)! :ivar

Thank you, it's really nice and comfy. This being Halloween, a photo of it will have to follow after the ghouls and goblins come out this evening. clap.gif
  • Options
    RaphyRaphy Registered Users Posts: 431 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2007
    I just put the order through... You guys are great !!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

EDIT: I might have accidentally placed the order twice... sorry bouth that..had issues with my browser... I would like just ONE order ;) thanks again !
  • Options
    J.T.J.T. Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2007
    thanks
    Thanks for the strap smugmug, much better than the Nikon one I got with the camera!
    John "J.T."
    http://johnthiele.smugmug.com

Nikon D80 w/MB-D80 vertical grip
    Tokina 50-135 f/2.8
    Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D
    Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G
    Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR

RPS Studio Rotating Flash Bracket

SB 600

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter." -- Ansel Adams
  • Options
    leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2007
    I sort of hated to give up the coolness of my Canon strap, but now I still have the cool, with plenty of comfort. WTG Smugmug. Free and functional! What will they think of next! mwink.gif
    Growing with Dgrin

• Options
    amandakamandak Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited November 7, 2007
    Well, I'm new to SmugMug, but it's the BEST! I just sent a request for a strap when more are available :) Thanks, guys!!