Options

Camera Strap

124»

Comments

• Options
    greenpeagreenpea Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    amandak wrote:
    Well, I'm new to SmugMug, but it's the BEST! I just sent a request for a strap when more are available :) Thanks, guys!!

Let me be the first to say, welcome to dgrin amandak!

...the camera strap is cool, but you ain't seen the half of it with dgrin!
    Andrew
    initialphotography.smugmug.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera" - Dorothea Lange
  • Options
    natephotonatephoto Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    Just ordered mine!!

Does anyone know where these straps are ordered from? I'd love to get a few straps with my website on them... Could be good advertising at sports games.

Thanks!
    Nate
    --
    _:nod Nate____
    Canon 1D Mark II N . Canon 20D . Canon Digital Rebel Xti .
    Speedlite 430 EX .
    Canon : 18-55 kit, 75-300 IS, 70-200 IS f/2.8 L .
  • Options
    MilanMilan Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2007
    I have just learned about the COOL Smugmug camera straps. Can it be shipped across the pond to the UK? mwink.gif
    I HAVE TO get one, PLEASE!
  • Options
    northtnguynorthtnguy Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited November 13, 2007
    I'm new too!
    Hi guys! I'm new to the site. I've checked in off and on for the past few years. Actually, since Andy and a few of you left the STF on dpreview.

I still have my Sony cameras (F717, F828,W1, R1) and just got a new Canon 40D !! Man, what a GREAT camera.

I'd love to get in on the neck strap offer if at all possible, too.

Don
    www.pbase.com/northtnguy
  • Options
    greenpeagreenpea Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2007
    northtnguy wrote:
    Hi guys! I'm new to the site. I've checked in off and on for the past few years. Actually, since Andy and a few of you left the STF on dpreview.

I still have my Sony cameras (F717, F828,W1, R1) and just got a new Canon 40D !! Man, what a GREAT camera.

Don
    www.pbase.com/northtnguy

Welcome to dgrin Don!
    Andrew
    initialphotography.smugmug.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera" - Dorothea Lange
  • Options
    asawanasawan Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited November 14, 2007
    I just put in my order... I can't wait to get rid of my uncomfortable canon strap wings.gif
  • Options
    sportsshooter06sportsshooter06 Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2007
    I have been using Smugmug, for a while now.
    Shows you what I know, I just found this place.
    I really like your place, so do my pictures.
    Thanks in advance for the goodies.

Sportsshooter
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2007
    greenpea wrote:
    Welcome to dgrin Don!

Thanks! I plan to be around for a quite a bit. I may not post much, but I'll learn a bunch by being here! bowdown.gif
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2007
    northtnguy wrote:

Don
    www.pbase.com/northtnguy

Welcome :ivar
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2007
    Welcome :ivar

Awais! Thanks
  • Options
    ClubFlysClubFlys Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited November 28, 2007
    natephoto wrote:
    Just ordered mine!!

Does anyone know where these straps are ordered from? I'd love to get a few straps with my website on them... Could be good advertising at sports games.

Thanks!
    Nate

I also would like to know so I may order some with my website name as well. I have a few photographers shooting for me and it would be great for them to be easily recognized with some custom straps.

By the way.. I did get my SM strap in the mail and absolutely love it!
  • Options
    photobugphotobug Registered Users Posts: 633 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2007
    leaforte wrote:
    I sort of hated to give up the coolness of my Canon strap
    Not me!

I've been very happy with my Canons, but have never wanted to wear a "brand name" camera strap. I just don't feel comfortable wearing a "neon sign" around my neck -- at least not for the camera manufacturer, when I'm already holding the camera in my hands (which says a lot more for the product than a name on a neckstrap).

But SmugMug, that's different -- I'd be proud to wear a SmugMug strap, and I'm sure will have some fun now and then when someone asks me, "what the heck is a SmugMug?!". :D I missed the boat last month but just ordered my SmugMug strap now...
    Canon EOS 7D ........ 24-105 f/4L | 50 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8L IS + 1.4x II TC ........ 580EX
    Supported by: Benro C-298 Flexpod tripod, MC96 monopod, Induro PHQ1 head
    Also play with: studio strobes, umbrellas, softboxes, ...and a partridge in a pear tree...

• Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2007
    Thanks for my camera strap guys! I was going to post a photo, but haven't had much time for the camera lately. :cry I did notice while wearing it last Sunday how comfortable it is.....much better than the old Canon strap. Thanks again! :saurora
  • Options
    PuR HARTPuR HART Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited December 21, 2007
    Dude bummer I put the request in some time ago and now my canon strap is almost at the end of its rope I am in need of me's free strap, that ye lads ahd so promised.
    All NEW) Canon 30D w/grip 17-55 2.8ISL, 70-200 2.8ISL,
    Epson R1800 18 gigs of CF

Canon 20Dw/grip 50 mm f/1.8II Canon Pro 1- SIGMA EF 500 SUPER- Manfrotto 3021 & 322 RC2
    FS: 17-85 4.0-5.6 & 70-200 f.4L

• Options
    Phatman113Phatman113 Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited April 8, 2008
    Just got mine! Leaps and bounds better than the regular Canon strap that comes with the camera. So comfy and cool looking! :D

I'll try to post some pics of it in its infinite greatness, but I've been relegated to work duties for quite some time, looking for a good excuse to go play with the camera...

Thanks again, y'all really know how to keep us photoholics happy!bowdown.gif
    ~Ryan
    http://phatman113.smugmug.com
    Canon Digital Rebel XTi :lust
    - Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM lens :lust
    - Kit lens...:cry
  • Options
    photobugphotobug Registered Users Posts: 633 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2008
    I got mine a couple of weeks ago. Way cool!

(Now I just have to figure out how to make it work with my Tamrac quick-release clips for the strap.)
    Canon EOS 7D ........ 24-105 f/4L | 50 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8L IS + 1.4x II TC ........ 580EX
    Supported by: Benro C-298 Flexpod tripod, MC96 monopod, Induro PHQ1 head
    Also play with: studio strobes, umbrellas, softboxes, ...and a partridge in a pear tree...

• Options
    LKN DaveLKN Dave Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited April 9, 2008
    Just got mine
    Just got mine today and it is already on the camera. Very nice strap.clap.gif
  • Options
    AlaskanDaveAlaskanDave Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited April 11, 2008
    Thanks Smugmug & dgrin..... thumb.gif

277998734_ShjsM-M.jpg4374247_XageG#277998734

279472058_Hk6Gh-M.jpg
    D300, D200 & D70s...Nikon 200-400VR, Nikon 80-200 AF-S, Nikon 70-300VR, Nikon AF-S 18-70, Tamron 28-300VC & Tokina 12-24.....JVC HD6
    http://alaskandave.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2008
    Thank you Smugmug! I'm now sporting with the fashion elite!!!clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
  • Options
    Phatman113Phatman113 Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited April 15, 2008
    Smugmuggers everywhere!
    I was at a Seattle Mariners baseball game on Sunday and on the way out I heard someone say "Hey! HE'S got a Smugmug strap!" so I turned around and had a brief discussion with another Smugmugger!rolleyes1.gif

I directed him to this thread to pick up his own. So, hopefully the deal is still on! :)

Thanks again for helping unite the Smugmugees of the world!wings.gif
    http://phatman113.smugmug.com
    Canon Digital Rebel XTi :lust
    - Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM lens :lust
    - Kit lens...:cry
  • Options
    trevorcarpentertrevorcarpenter Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited April 18, 2008
    I got mine! I love it. I put it on immediately, and am proud to show it off in public now.

2421771369_f22f560fbe_m.jpg
  • Options
    jonnapierjonnapier Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited September 14, 2009
    SmugMug camera straps
    Would there happen to be any more of those camera straps?

Thanks, JN

Baldy wrote:
    Sharp eyes! That's my camera strap, the only SmugMug camera strap in the world. It's soft, slightly stretchy, looks cool, and it doesn't slide off your shoulder because it's grippy.

Andy, I hope you forgive me spilling the beans but we've got, cough, 5,000 of them coming! We got the mother of bulk discounts, doncha know. I imagine we can spare one for you so just email straps at smugmug dot com with your address and it will be done. Be patient 'cus they're not scheduled to arrive here until mid-October.

Edit: October 25th, 11:30 a.m. Pacific Time

HOLD THE PRESSES!!! eek7.gif

The deal sites found out about us and we got hit with a tsunami of orders last night, which cleaned us out.

So we put an enthusiastic autoreply on the straps email saying that orders exceeded supply. So we've ordered a bunch more but it takes the manufacturer around 45 days to get new ones to us. For people who made their request after noon Pacific on October 25th (65 minutes from now), we're sorry to say that the free strap fiesta ended.

But. If you're a dgrinner before that time or a paying SmugMug subscriber, just include your dgrin or SmugMug nickname in the subject line and say something personal in the body to persuade us you're the genuine article, and we'd love to get you a strap (when we get more).

Thanks!
    Baldy
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,806 moderator
    edited September 14, 2009
    jonnapier wrote:
    Would there happen to be any more of those camera straps?

Thanks, JN

Jonnapier, welcome to the Digital Grin. clap.gif

Please do check out this thread:

http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=74240

... and the link in the first entry.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums