Options

Montana Portraits

1235»

Comments

• Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2007
    I guess it's about time I contributed to this thread. I've only got two people pics processed so far so these will have to suffice for now. I'm loving everyone elses people shots. Keep them coming.

Christina on Whistler in Jasper. She was terrified.
    205976843-L.jpg

The best of both worlds for Maxine. She's holding a rock with a caterpillar and I took the shot in IR :D.
    207821891-L.jpg
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2007
    aktse - April

1. Nikolai shooting at one of the first waterfalls we encountered.
    207977976-M.jpg

2. Dean (CWPhoto) as part of the sunrise crew - St Mary Lake on the 27th.
    207978075-M.jpg

3. Gus, after a long climb. He was in great shape after the climb. Me, I think I would have preferred to have died.
    207978196-M.jpg

4. Nik taking a picture of me taking a picture of him, on the return from the long hike.
    207978339-M.jpg

5, 6, 7. April (bottom right in the first shot, loaned me her IR converted (MaxMax) 350D for the entire day (WOW - isn't April one of the sweetest people you've ever met?). These are three of the IR shots of people. This first one was not posed - it just worked. Oh, and as for paying April back for loaning me the IR camera - well, it looks like I'll be dropping about $800 to $900 to get one of my own here shortly. Yup, I'll pay her back someday for that :D

I'm not quite satisfied with these IR conversions. I have a lot to learn to do a real color conversion. Looking forward to that...
    207978534-M.jpg

207978708-M.jpg

207978902-M.jpg
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2007
    Scott, great candids, thanks for sharing!thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    Miss SharonMiss Sharon Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited October 17, 2007
    gluwater wrote:
    Great images Sharon. I looked at them on your site because they are not showing up here. You need to turn on External Links in that gallery. I had a lot of fun shooting with you and Jack. I'm looking forward to seeing you again next year.
    Thanks for the quick helpdesk support (advice on ext. links) that evening. Just when I thought I was done and settling into bed with a book, Jack ran in and said your photos aren't showing up...Ugh!! Live and learn. Take care and keep in touch. Look forward to seeing you next year!!!
    Sharon
    "I want to seize any pleasure that comes my way because it might not come by again."
    The Original Cowgirl Amelia Banks, 1901
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2007
    Ann McRae wrote:
    :D My candids...not portraits!
    Ann,
    It was so wonderful meeting you as well!! Hope to see you next year. I love the shot of DaveV and Adam!rolleyes1.gifThanks for the laugh!
    Sharon
    "I want to seize any pleasure that comes my way because it might not come by again."
  • Options
    grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,534 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2007
    Spotted in Montana
    The very rare and seldom seen Davevious Canonious was recently spotted in Whitefish, Montana in its natural habitat, under a bridge.

As you can see, this one seemed friendly when I 1st approached it.
    205419602-L.jpg

Then, as I approached, he started to show signs of gangsta (hat to the side). If you plan on photographing the Davevious Canonious please consider shooting it from a great distance and using your largest glass.
    205419735-L.jpg
  • Options
    grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,534 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2007
    OK, One Last Post of Smugmuggers Gone Wild
    Here's a couple more from the '07 Shootout.

Sharon in Canada
    205162017-L.jpg

Jack in Grand Teton
    210705126-L.jpg

Jack "attempting" to get across the border
    210704949-L.jpg

Mr. Olson in Canada
    210705012-L.jpg

Aiming for Bear
    210704975-L.jpg

Yes, he shoots JPEG but when he says he shoots without a "tripod" I present you with this piece of evidence.
    210704782-L.jpg

Nick in Canada
    210705054-L.jpg

Schmoo on the way to Canada
    210704666-L.jpg

Marc (all in a days work)
    210704714-L.jpg

April
    205161226-L.jpg

Jack & Sharon
    210705172-L.jpg
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2007
    Adam,
    very lovely candids! Sharon's one is a top notch! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2007
    grimace wrote:
    Here's a couple more from the '07 Shootout.

Marc (all in a days work)
    210704714-L.jpg

I am so glad I decided to look back and see if there were any new additions. I really love this one of Mark! The reflection, the movement, the colors, he is looking down...makes you wonder if he is thinking about the shots he just took...he is reflecting and there's a reflection of him...okay, I read into things a lot. It is great though! I like all the rest too. Good job! Hey, I've been trying to update my website...do you think I can have a copy of the pic of me with the camera? I would love to put it on my bio page, if you don't mind. Email me!!
    Sharon
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2007
    grimace wrote:
    The very rare and seldom seen Davevious Canonious was recently spotted in Whitefish, Montana in its natural habitat, under a bridge.

As you can see, this one seemed friendly when I 1st approached it.
    205419602-L.jpg
    Personally, if I saw him under a bridge (without knowing how sweet he is) I would run and scream!! You two are too much!!
    Sharon
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2007
    Jack The Pro
    I was up above the waterfall looking for bugs actually..... rolleyes1.gif

Does Jack look like a Pro or what ? nod.gif

... Enjoy.... Skippy :D

216631074-L.jpg
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin