Where In The World Is Smuggy?

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2007
    Why are the originals enabled in the contest gallery? headscratch.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2007
    I was wondering what the hold up was with the contest entries? I still don't see Donna's and I don't see the six entries I submitted? If I'm being impacient please disreguard this post...

Winston
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2007
    I was wondering what the hold up was with the contest entries? I still don't see Donna's and I don't see the six entries I submitted? If I'm being impacient please disreguard this post...

Winston

Laughing.gif Winston, do you get the feeling that we are not liked..(Kidding)...cuz I just looked and MORE new entries have been posted, and I don't know about yours, but mine still has not posted...Laughing.gifLaughing.gifLaughing.gif:Deek7.gifrolleyes1.gif
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2007
    Tentacion wrote:
    Laughing.gif Winston, do you get the feeling that we are not liked..(Kidding)...cuz I just looked and MORE new entries have been posted, and I don't know about yours, but mine still has not posted...Laughing.gifLaughing.gifLaughing.gif:Deek7.gifrolleyes1.gif
    is this yours
    http://Smuggy.smugmug.com/photos/214694521-X2.jpg

if so, we're not admitting it - try again :)
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2007
    is this yours

if so, we're not admitting it - try again :) __________________
    Andy

Andy, for some reason I can not view the photo. Is that the way its
    suppose to go? Just curious. Michael
    Michael
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    DaddyO wrote:
    Andy, for some reason I can not view the photo. Is that the way its
    suppose to go? Just curious. Michael
    Its certainly there..try clearing your cache maybe ne_nau.gif
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    Thanks Gus! That did the trick. thumb.gif Michael
    Michael
    edited November 8, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    is this yours

if so, we're not admitting it - try again :)

Yes the Bahama shot is mine, and is there a reason, it is your contest and you have a right to pick and choose, but I would like at least an explanation if possible.

I was asked for proof regarding my entry and I gave proof, and Ham1, said the photo had been approved. The photo is not photoshopped.

I am sorry to say this, but the later explanation was a little "curt" and I feel like someone just slapped me in the face...if I'm gonna be slapped, I would at least like a little explanation as to why...My photo is not risque. and I didn't see anything in the rules about my type of photo.

Thank You
    Donna
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
    edited November 8, 2007
    Tentacion wrote:
    Yes the Bahama shot is mine, and is there a reason, it is your contest and you have a right to pick and choose, but I would like at least an explanation if possible.

I was asked for proof regarding my entry and I gave proof, and Ham1, said the photo had been approved. The photo is not photoshopped.

I am sorry to say this, but the later explanation was a little "curt" and I feel like someone just slapped me in the face...if I'm gonna be slapped, I would at least like a little explanation as to why...My photo is not risque. and I didn't see anything in the rules about my type of photo.

Thank You
    Donna
    Donna, it's a photo of a photo on a book. I imagine there's some copyright on the photo on that Bahamas book. I'm sorry, it's not a valid entry. You have created much better photos for LPS, go do the same for Smuggy :)
    edited November 8, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Donna, it's a photo of a photo on a book. I imagine there's some copyright on the photo on that Bahamas book. I'm sorry, it's not a valid entry. You have created much better photos for LPS, go do the same for Smuggy :)

Thank You Andy, your reply was much appreciated, the sting is lessened. :D

I fully understand, I should have known better, but I thought that it would be ok since it was an "in-house" contest. Didn't realize the contest entries were or might be used for public/commercial or advertising ventures, then copyright, if any, would be a problem. Anywayzzz, I was already working on another entry.

TA
    Donna
  • Manfr3dManfr3d Registered Users Posts: 2,008 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    Hey where can I download a print-yourself-smuggy ?
    “To consult the rules of composition before making a picture is a little like consulting the law of gravitation before going for a walk.”
    ― Edward Weston
    edited November 8, 2007
    Manfr3d wrote:
    Hey where can I download a print-yourself-smuggy ?
    Every contest page here http://smuggy.smugmug.com/ like this one:
    http://smuggy.smugmug.com/partners/witwis/add.mg
    has a link to download Smuggy. Perhaps you just missed it.
    edited November 8, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Every contest page here http://smuggy.smugmug.com/ like this one:
    http://smuggy.smugmug.com/partners/witwis/add.mg
    has a link to download Smuggy. Perhaps you just missed it.
    Indeed, thank you!
    “To consult the rules of composition before making a picture is a little like consulting the law of gravitation before going for a walk.”
    ― Edward Weston
    edited November 8, 2007
    Crazy you guys want to ship to europe too? Hehe I'll wait and see what'll happens! :Dthumb.gif
    ― Edward Weston
  • jodieoliverjodieoliver Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited November 12, 2007
    entry number one
    wings.gif Just taking credit for entry number one! I had no idea i was the first funny,im soo excited to see my photo on here! Wondering... to increase my chances of winning should i enter more-i have more pictures of this little man(my boy)! ones probably good enough! although ive done some with actions to improve color and you can actually see smuggy better-hmm don't know-would that be considered photoshop?
    Andy wrote:
    Entry #1 :D

204442450-L-1.jpg
  • Ham1Ham1 Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2007
    Nikolai wrote:
    Why are the originals enabled in the contest gallery? headscratch.gif

Originals are disabled. Thanks.

Markham
    edited November 16, 2007

Winston

If you don't see your submission it most likely is in our "Potential Photoshopped" category OR it had no SmugMug logo in the photo anywhere.

Can you explain which 6 entries were yours? We'll get it straightened out.

Markham
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2007
    Cool. I entered a couple. And then my camera broke... no, really luckily it is close to the free loot season.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
    edited November 19, 2007
    Hiya Ham1 and EVERYONE over there in Smuggy Land.....

Ok I posted some new entries....they are not photoshopped, and they were all taken in public places....

Sooooooo my next question (cuz I know how busy you all are :D )...

When do the entries get posted, what is the turn around time from when you post to when they get posted here? I hope there are NO problems with mine again...headscratch.gif

Thanky Thanky
    Donna
  • VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2007
    I shot a picture of a jar of pickles where one of the pickles looked like smuggy, I submitted it about a week or so ago... Since the contest ends in about 5 days I was wondering if my shot was rejected for some reason? because it hasn't been posted on the site yet?

Winston
    edited November 30, 2007
    I shot a picture of a jar of pickles where one of the pickles looked like smuggy, I submitted it about a week or so ago... Since the contest ends in about 5 days I was wondering if my shot was rejected for some reason? because it hasn't been posted on the site yet?

Winston
    Look again :)
    edited November 30, 2007
    Hey Andy...I posted a shot of Smuggy entitled.."Simply Smugalicious"...I was wondering how come it didn't get posted....The shot was done in a "Public Place" ...Billboard outside...

Just wondering...Pretty Please??mwink.gif
  • fencingcellistfencingcellist Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited December 5, 2007
    How long does it take for entries to appear?
    I know I'm late in submitting entries, but I tried 3x this afternoon and still no appearance of anything on the entry gallery. How long does it take before we know whether or not our entry has been accepted? I'm concerned, as the deadline is in a few hours. If my entries just didn't make it, I'd like to submit them again. I guess you all are over run with last-minute entries, though . . .

I think it's pretty clear mine aren't photoshopped. I spent time cutting out your jpg Smuggy . . . and added a jpg Smuggy eye to the tip of my weapon to give it some color. (Thank you electrical tape!)

Thanks!

And thanks for such a great contest!!!
    edited December 6, 2007
    Thank you everyone, the contest is over!!

If you don't see your entry please PM me immediately. The judging has begun :D

Thanks Markham
  • justusjustus Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2007
    Smuggy Contest
    Everyone's entries are so good! Can't wait to hear all the results!:D
    Linda
    Justus Photography
    www.lindasherrill.com
  • darkdragondarkdragon Registered Users Posts: 1,051 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2007
    Whatever happend with the Smuggy contest? I haven't seen the winners posted anywhere yet.

Anyone know?

headscratch.gif
    ~ Lisa
    edited December 10, 2007
    darkdragon wrote:
    Whatever happend with the Smuggy contest? I haven't seen the winners posted anywhere yet.
    The contest only ended late last week. We will have winners posted here in this thread, as promised. Hang in there please.
  • darkdragondarkdragon Registered Users Posts: 1,051 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    The contest only ended late last week. We will have winners posted here in this thread, as promised. Hang in there please.

Thanks for the reply Andy. I was just worried that I was totally missing where the winners were posted, and I thought I read it was by the 7th - my bad :D
    ~ Lisa
    edited December 12, 2007
    Winners of the "Where in the World is Smuggy" contest!!!
    Hi everyone,

Contest is officially over and the winners have been selected. clap.gifclapclap.gif

This contest brought out a lot of really good entries. Nice work to everyone that participated. thumb.gif

The vote was easy for the #1 spot and very close for the other 4 top spots.

Here is the Winner of the Grand Prize:
    227241905-M.jpg

Here is Number #2 winner:

229213044-M.jpg

Here is winner #3:

214783188-M.jpg

Here is winner #4:

228717415-M.jpg

Here is number #5:

229154135-M.jpg

Yeah!!! Congratulations to all the winners. wings.gifivarbowdown.gif

NOTE: Can the winners please email me and testify they own the copyright? Prizes will be awarded shortly.

Thanks,
    Markham
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2007
    Congrats one and all. I still like my Smuggy Suitecase as I can tell it is mine on the baggage claim.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact