Where In The World Is Smuggy?

124»

Comments

• jodieoliverjodieoliver Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited December 12, 2007
    Seriously!!ne_nau.gif
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2007
    Congrats....and I still like my "Smugs In Love"...sung to the tune of "Chuckie's In Love".
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • buhtaflybuhtafly Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited December 13, 2007
    really?
    I do give that guy credit for being insane enough to tattoo himself to try and win a contest but creative enough for Where's smuggy? ne_nau.gif I didn't realize thats what it takes to win a contest here. Tattoo the logo on your arm? Wow. I am surprised he was rewarded for doing that. Watch out, there will be all new extremes to win the next contest if thats what is accepted. 11doh.gif

Congrats to the winners! There were some very deserving smuggy's out there!clap.gif
    Bree mom to 3
    Canon Rebel XT
    18-55mm kit lens
    28-135mm f/3.5 IS
  • Ham1Ham1 Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2007
    Congrats one and all. I still like my Smuggy Suitecase as I can tell it is mine on the baggage claim.

Actually, that is a really good idea. I think I might copy it :)

Markham
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2007
    buhtafly wrote:
    I do give that guy credit for being insane enough to tattoo himself to try and win a contest but creative enough for Where's smuggy? ne_nau.gif I didn't realize thats what it takes to win a contest here. Tattoo the logo on your arm? Wow. I am surprised he was rewarded for doing that. Watch out, there will be all new extremes to win the next contest if thats what is accepted. 11doh.gif

Congrats to the winners! There were some very deserving smuggy's out there!clap.gif
    Check out the rules, and the judging criteria :)
  • buhtaflybuhtafly Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited December 13, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Check out the rules, and the judging criteria :)

Oh I understand the rules and criteria.. thumb.gif Its just crazy to me is all :giggle
    Bree mom to 3
    Canon Rebel XT
    18-55mm kit lens
    28-135mm f/3.5 IS
  • dkeithdriggersdkeithdriggers Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited December 13, 2007
    Hi! I'm the crazy guy...
    buhtafly wrote:
    Oh I understand the rules and criteria.. thumb.gif Its just crazy to me is all :giggle

Hello....It's the "crazy" guy with the Smuggy tattoo on his right arm. I read the rules over and over again before going to the extreme of having a lifelong smuggy placed on my arm.

I wanted everyone know I thought there were some absolutely ultra creative and wonderful submissions...Any of which could have easily taken the prize. I don't think I am being rewarded for the tattoo but rather the idea and all that it implies. I am very sorry that some are not happy with the judges decision.

Just to let everyone know though....This year my wife and I have expercienced quite a bit of tragedy and we needed this trip more than anyone will possibly know. I thought just maybe if I did something this extreme it would be recognized and I would grab the prize.

Just know that whether you agree with the judges or not my wife will appreciate this time away in ways far deeper than just a prize won. She has lost so much this year and really needs a break.

Blessings To All And Again GREAT ENTRIES!!

KD
    "The opportunity of a lifetime must be responded to in the lifetime of the opportunity"
  • darkdragondarkdragon Registered Users Posts: 1,051 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2007
    Hello....It's the "crazy" guy with the Smuggy tattoo on his right arm. I read the rules over and over again before going to the extreme of having a lifelong smuggy placed on my arm.

Hey man,

Congrats on winning! The rules definately stated that it wasn't the traditional photo contest. I think you deserve to win (I wish my nintendo tatoo had netted me something like this). You definately love Smugmug/dgrin and for sure wanted to win that prize.

Subjective contests are alway hard on those of us who are the losers. I just think "hey, maybe next time" and move on. :D

~ lisa
    ~ Lisa
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2007
    Ham1 wrote:

Markham

So now I am going to have to check the luggage tag more carefully rolleyes1.gif

Once again congrats to all the winners.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • teamracephotosteamracephotos Registered Users Posts: 492 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2007
    Me Too!
    I liked the idea as well. Smuggy is so cute … it can’t help but bring a smile to your face.

If I get one I think I will leave off the outer circle. MM

Ham1 wrote:

Markham
    “I love not man the less, but Nature more.”
    — Lord Byron
  • wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2007
    Love the tattoo! thumb.gif

Enjoy your deserved trip!
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• Ham1Ham1 Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2007
    Apples entry
    I am still waiting for confirmation and copyright clearance on Apples entry. I have all the others!

Thanks,
    Markham
  • NanaMoNanaMo Registered Users Posts: 189 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2007

I wanted everyone know I thought there were some absolutely ultra creative and wonderful submissions...Any of which could have easily taken the prize. I don't think I am being rewarded for the tattoo but rather the idea and all that it implies. I am very sorry that some are not happy with the judges decision.

Just to let everyone know though....This year my wife and I have expercienced quite a bit of tragedy and we needed this trip more than anyone will possibly know. I thought just maybe if I did something this extreme it would be recognized and I would grab the prize.

Just know that whether you agree with the judges or not my wife will appreciate this time away in ways far deeper than just a prize won. She has lost so much this year and really needs a break.

KD

KD,

Congratulations!!! You were the most creative and you were wise to study the rule and take it to the heights you did to win mostly for your wife. You must be a keeper!!! Nice to see someone who really deserves the prize (not to mention earned the position of #1) be the winner. wings.gif

Enjoy your trip -- hey, post a picture from the trip!

I know I will be looking around for a guy with a Smuggy tatoo....:lol4:lol4:lol4....you will stand out more than the rest of us with our camera straps!!

Best,
    Maureen

BTW I LOVED my 6 entries...Laughing.gif....contest was great fun -- thanks judges!! bowdown.gif
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2007

KD

1. thumb.gif good job!
    2. you sould be :ivar no apologies

3. :crazy some people dont know how to lose gracefully because they play sports where "everyones a winner"...:toni

4. oh ya, bowdown.gif on your bravery

5. iloveyou.gif my heart out to your tragedy

6. wings.gif once more on your win, el numral #1.

7. :tough for the poor losers.

8. :davidto
    Aaron Nelson
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2007
    I may not have been happy to loose, but then I don't think that anyone who enters a competition likes to loose, so I don't deserve a violin!! I also had a reason for wanting to win, I am sad perhaps, but DEFINENTLY NOT A SORE LOOSER.

I wanted to take my 78 year old Mom on that trip, she has had a "hard" life also, and raised 6 kids on her own, plus she always was taking in the strays...whether they were human or animal. At one time in our lives we almost lost my mother to a drunk driver, she died 3x's and each time they brought her back, and now she suffers every day, worst when the weather is bad.

We all had a reasons to want to win (at least I did), I'm happy for you dkeithdriggers and your wife, I hope you both have a great time, relax and relive the romance, and remember to take LOTS OF PICTURES..:D

Warmest Regards and Best of Holidays!!
    Donna
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2007
    :D im not sure specifically who i was sending the violins.
    i just found it odd that anyone would make a winner feel bad about it...
    no offence specifically to you:D
    btw, im mad i didnt win too:D
    Aaron Nelson
  • darryldarryl Registered Users Posts: 997 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2008
    Hey, so did Keith ever "redeem" his prize?

Any uh, photos? :-}
  • ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2009
    Smuggy showed up in my drop photos
    (Almost) totally random!

556376589_JwD7B-XL.jpg

Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.