Glacier Pano thread

2»

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2007
    eek7.gif Beautiful just beautiful
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2007
    Thanks for looking everyone. Now post some more shots! I know there were a lot more panos taken than this.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2007
    Schmoo, these are all great, but this one is just jaw dropping!! bowdown.gif

With the red hat, it should be a Smugmug Ad.

schmoo wrote:

206292934-M-1.jpg
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2007
    cmason wrote:
    Schmoo, these are all great, but this one is just jaw dropping!! bowdown.gif

With the red hat, it should be a Smugmug Ad.

Heheh thanks! The whole trip was a Smuggy ad, but who could pass up the cool hats? lol3.gif

That afternoon was difficult because the light was so flat, so thank you!
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2007
    My first pano from Glacier, first mornings sunrise at Goose Island:
    212243637-M.jpg

Now that I am processing with PSCS3 and a real monitor with actual colors, how am I doing?

ann
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2007
    Ann McRae wrote:
    My first pano from Glacier, first mornings sunrise at Goose Island:
    212243637-S.jpg

Now that I am processing with PSCS3 and a real monitor with actual colors, how am I doing?

ann
    The colors are looking really good. To my eyes, the image is a touch dark though.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2007
    Hi Ann, that's a great pano! Good work for using a completely new system. :D

It does look a little dark, but as I recall it wasn't really all that bright at the scene of the crime, either. I have a similar shot that I didn't process because I just couldn't get it bright enough but still maintain realism. Maybe someone who knows more landscape voodoo magic has some suggestions? ne_nau.gif
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2007
    Scott & Stephanie
    Thanks for the feedback. I am torn too - it was presunrise, so I wouldn't expect to see lots of details in the dark areas. I wouldn't expect to find that pleasing.
    I also am pretty used to compensating for the old monitor - and something that 'looked dark' but had a nice histogram on the old monitor would be a lot lighter on any other. So that might be playing into this.

Anyway, I've put togehter two others from sunset Wednesday, Duck Lake Road looking toward St. Mary
    213205334-M.jpg

I think that is 4 images. A bit before sunset.

and toward Many Glacier at sunset

213196417-M.jpg

This is 4 or 5 images, stitched and adjusted without layering. It is also the same location & time that devbobo made his gorgeous HDR from.

ann