Options

Atlanta Photographers????

Kevin GKevin G Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
edited September 17, 2010 in Location, Location, Location!
Anyone here from Atlanta? My friend and I are looking for shooting partners.

Comments

• Options
    gagodfathergagodfather Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited January 1, 2008
    atlanta area
    im from cedartown georgia which is located in nw ga i take a lot of pictures at berry college in rome ga and if your interested in taking pics there i would be happy to show you around its the largest campus in the us (30000 acres)
  • Options
    James SJames S Registered Users Posts: 439 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2008
    I am in Cartersville(about 1 hoour north of Atlanta). Off a lot of weekdays so if anyone wants to get together just messsage me. I go to Berry quite often myself. Very nice place to shoot.
  • Options
    jnealjneal Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    I'm in Sandy Springs. Strictly newbie.
    I grew up around Douglasville and know west ga pretty well. I havent had a chance to get to Berry yet but intend to do some travel around the state this spring.
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2008
    Maybe we should plan a Spring GTG there?
  • Options
    edited January 11, 2008
    gtg
    I think we should plan a gtg this spring i would like to meet everyone. Berry is such a pretty place and the picture oppertunities are endless. hope to talk with any of you soon.
  • Options
    edited January 12, 2008
    I am all for a GTG there. Let's plan it!
  • Options
    edited February 16, 2008
    ok when should we plan a gtg? I vote for flowers at Oak Hill in Rome and maybe some wildlife shots at Berry.
  • Options
    edited February 17, 2008
    gtg
    sounds good to me rex. lets try and get it going. i cant wait to meet other members and learn alot from you all.
  • Options
    edited March 5, 2008
    I plan on going out to Berry College early Monday morning. March 10th. If anyone wants to meet then shoot me a pm.

I plan on being there at or before 6am. Wanna get some wildlife shots.
  • Options
    sanford tullissanford tullis Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    I live in the Gwinnett/Barrow county area. I would be interested in a gtg. I have a couple of spots, pretty good for birds, and other wildlife but it won't hold big crowds. Calloway Gardens will be perfect pretty soon, and Savannah streets may already be on the decline.
    Capture memories one image at a time
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2008
    info
    sanford just curious if you even shoot at fort yargo park? oakhill and berry would be a great gtg and they are real close and would make it very easy to work out the kinks of getting around. rex lets try and plan this and maybe we could even get the key to the house of dreams and shoot there too.
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2008
    I can get the keys to the House of Dreams no problem

Is May maybe best?

If so then either May 10th or 24th I am free.

If April is better then April 12th or 26th.
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2008
    anyone is fine with me just need a couple days notice. lets try and get some more people involved. email some and lets see how many we can get and try to narrow a date down
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2008
    Who else is here around the area that is on DGrin?
  • Options
    goofrygoofry Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2008
    rex wrote:
    Who else is here around the area that is on DGrin?

Hey Rex,

Jeff here. It's been a while since I've been up to Berry. I might be interested in a gtg up there as well. I haven't made it up to the House of Dreams yet, so that would be interesting.

Another spot that's not too far away would also be Barnsley Gardens. Certainly some interesting architecture and nice gardens as well.

I'll keep an eye for the date to see if it work with my schedule. I have a buddy that might come if it's on a Sunday.
    Goofry

http://www.spotlightpicture.com

A bunch of Canon Stuff.
  • Options
    StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2008
    also please be sure to drop a note in http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=26131 when you get it decided; I just happened to stumble across this thread (and I'm in Alpharetta).
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2008
    rex wrote:
    I can get the keys to the House of Dreams no problem

Is May maybe best?

If so then either May 10th or 24th I am free.

If April is better then April 12th or 26th.

I will quote my own post. Any of those days are fine with me. We can't do a Sunday if Oak Hill is a must as they are closed then. Which is why I onl;y listed Saturdays.
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2008
    im open for any saturday with a few days notice.
  • Options
    DonnaLuDonnaLu Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited March 29, 2008
    Dunwoody heah...How y'all doin'?
    I'd love to meet some ATL shooters. Think you could handle having an enthusiastic old broad join in? If y'all can nail down a place & time on Saturdays, let me know. Apr26 is reserved for my Vegas wedding, though.

My 6 week old D300 & Sigma 10-20 haven't even been used yet. :cry
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." ~M. Twain
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2008
    I am going to say lets shoot for May 10th at Berry College in Rome, GA.

I will call them Monday to see if we can get the House of Dreams. I will then post here with a definate and with a meeting place and time.
  • Options
    edited March 31, 2008
    rex wrote:
    I am going to say lets shoot for May 10th at Berry College in Rome, GA.

I will call them Monday to see if we can get the House of Dreams. I will then post here with a definate and with a meeting place and time.

I was thinking May 10th for this but before I call and get the key what does everyone think about that fact that it is Mother's Day weekend?

Is everyone that wants to go fine with it being the day before Mother's Day?
  • Options
    sanford tullissanford tullis Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited April 1, 2008
    I don't know if I'll be able to make it May 10th. Maybe we get a waterfall trip together this spring or early summer?

I don't want to sound dumb, but what is the house of dreams? I have never been to Berry, (applied for a deer hunt there, but wasn't drawn for it :cry angry.gif )

I've always thought about going up there.
    Capture memories one image at a time
  • Options
    DonnaLuDonnaLu Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited April 2, 2008
    rex wrote:
    I was thinking May 10th for this but before I call and get the key what does everyone think about that fact that it is Mother's Day weekend?

Is everyone that wants to go fine with it being the day before Mother's Day?

Works for me, especially if it's early~~we'll be out before the tourists. mwink.gif
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." ~M. Twain
  • Options
    StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2008
    DonnaLu wrote:
    Works for me, especially if it's early~~we'll be out before the tourists. mwink.gif
    I could probably also make it, my calendar's open so far. Gotta get back for the ASO concert.
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2008
    may 10th is cool with me. if this date is cool lets try and plan the day a little.
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2008
    Ok I called the lady that handles the House of Dreams and she will not be back in the office until Monday. I will call her then.

I was thinking we could all meet at the McDonald's in front of Mount Berry Square Mall at around 8am. Have a meet and greet.

Then head to Oak Hill and watch the short film on the history of the college becasue I watched it after I went around Berry and found I had a better understanding as to what went on after I saw the movie.

Anyways the movie is about 15minutes.

We will tour the house where photos are not allowed, then tour the gardens and grounds at Oak Hill.

Then head to Possum Trot, Old Mill, then we can all park at Frost Chapel if there is no wedding and take photos there and walk to the Pond and stuff.

Then from there maybe lunch somewhere in Rome.

Then back to the Ford Buildings, and any other small sites to see on that side.

Then we can go to the campus side for some good architecture shots.

How does that sound?
  • Options
    edited April 4, 2008
    sounds like a plan to me. cant wait to see everyone and take some pics. maybe if anyone would like we could meet at the college before daylight to get some wildlife pics if anyones interested.
  • Options
    edited April 7, 2008
    Ok everything is set for the get together at Berry College on May 10th.

They now only allow faculty, Alumni, or current students to drive to the House of Dreams.

So if we want to go we will have to walk. I am told it is about a 2 1/2 mile walk.

We are set to start the tour of Oak Hill at 10am when they open. The fee is $4 per person. the tour through the museum, house and gardens is about 2 hours.

As you would expect NO PHOTOGRAPHY in the mueseum or house but anywehre else is ok. Once done there we have free run of the grounds for photography.

Then I figure maybe grab lunch at some place maybe WOW (World of Wings)

Then off to see the rest of the campus.

I don't NEED it but it would be nice to get a head count so i can give her the info when she calls closer to time to reconfirm with me.
  • Options
    edited April 7, 2008
    yeah
    im in man i hope we have great weather and a great turnout. see you all then. jason
  • Options
    rldawsonrldawson Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited April 7, 2008
    rex wrote:
    Ok everything is set for the get together at Berry College on May 10th....

Hi Rex,
    I had already replied to GAGodfather on another site about this, but I'll go ahead and respond here as well.

I'm in for the trip to Berry. Though I may pass on WoW.

Looking forward to it.
    Richard