What's Your Color?

2»

Comments

• GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2007
    DaddyO wrote:
    Each one a nice picture and grabbed so quickly. thumb.gif Good luck with your
    final choice.

Thanks DaddyO!
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

edited October 22, 2007
    richtersl wrote:
    I wound up voting for the Tomatoes and Herbs. I love the various hues of greens and all the textures you captured.

Autumnal Offerings is definitely eye-catching and if I could have voted for two, I would have also voted for this one.

At any rate, you have a nice group of photos to choose from! The hardest thing you're going to have to do is decide which one to enter. mwink.gif

Thanks Linda, Tomatoes & Herbs is also one of my personal favorites, but then green is my favorite color! I think I may print that one for my kitchen wall!

Emily
    Emily

• HarleyPugsHarleyPugs Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2007
    Autumnal Offerings.....
    No doubt....

Jon
  • JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2007
    Autumnal offerings is clearly monochromatic (red), and very powerful. It works on every level. Technically it is spot on, and it is very evocative of a particular season and its associated emotions. At this point, if I were a judge, I wuold select this as a finalist (given that all entries are not yet in).

I strongly advise against entering "Natalie." Beyod my usual "kid shot" criticism, the photo seems to be blown out in spots. You lose too much detail at the point of juncture between the kid and the wall- all these pinks don't have enough tonal variety to begin with, and the whole thing sort of turns into soup.

If you really want to do this shot, then I would shoot it against a much darker pink background (like a fuschia or something), so that the dress and wall are clearly delineated. As it is, the kinds eyes seem to be staring out of a pink fog.
    Cave ab homine unius libri
    edited October 22, 2007
    Justiceiro wrote:
    Autumnal offerings is clearly monochromatic (red), and very powerful. It works on every level. Technically it is spot on, and it is very evocative of a particular season and its associated emotions. At this point, if I were a judge, I wuold select this as a finalist (given that all entries are not yet in).

I strongly advise against entering "Natalie." Beyod my usual "kid shot" criticism, the photo seems to be blown out in spots. You lose too much detail at the point of juncture between the kid and the wall- all these pinks don't have enough tonal variety to begin with, and the whole thing sort of turns into soup.

If you really want to do this shot, then I would shoot it against a much darker pink background (like a fuschia or something), so that the dress and wall are clearly delineated. As it is, the kinds eyes seem to be staring out of a pink fog.

Thanks Justiceiro for your ever-candid opinions!
    Emily