Temporary service interruption

2»

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2007
    rodc wrote:
    I don't know if this is affected but I have not been able to get on my site at all through my desktop and laptop they both have vista. i am able to access with XP machine. all are on the same internet acess.

Is this part of the problem they are working on?
    Rod
    What won't load? Your galleries? If so, Have you any firewall or security software? Are you on a corporate network? Tell us as much as possible so we can help, thanks!
  • rodcrodc Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited October 22, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    What won't load? Your galleries? If so, Have you any firewall or security software? Are you on a corporate network? Tell us as much as possible so we can help, thanks!

No I am not on a network. just same internet connection and wireless modem. We have 6 computors that access the web fromt his modem at different times. 4 machines have xp and all can get to smumug sites - the two machines with vista can not.
    The pages time out and will not load at all. there are no firewalls operating that are known. No firewalls have been changed or used since the problem started which has been maybe the last 5-6 days? not sure on time though.
    I also can not load smugmug or any other smug mug page from friends on smugmug.

the dell Vista machine will kick me out to a google search page with my website listed. The other a hp vista laptop just times out and says it is not able to access the page.

my web page is www.cordsenphotography.com

rod
  • scottVscottV Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2007
    not sure if there is still something going on but when I hit my site right now it just comes up as a blank white page. ne_nau.gif
    edited October 22, 2007
    f00sion wrote:
    not sure if there is still something going on but when I hit my site right now it just comes up as a blank white page. ne_nau.gif
    Nope, nothing going on right now - try clearing your temp files, closing & reopening your browser. I hit your site just fine.
  • scottVscottV Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Nope, nothing going on right now - try clearing your temp files, closing & reopening your browser. I hit your site just fine.
    coo, working now.
  • b.fukudab.fukuda Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited October 22, 2007
    masamitusphoto.com / silversurfer.smugmug.com
    I'm also having issues with my website. I had a slide show running under my "Home About Me" line but it doesn't show up unless I'm logged into my smugmug site. When I'm logged in, the slide show displays. If not, I only get the text.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Bert
  • b.fukudab.fukuda Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited October 23, 2007
    b.fukuda wrote:
    I'm also having issues with my website. I had a slide show running under my "Home About Me" line but it doesn't show up unless I'm logged into my smugmug site. When I'm logged in, the slide show displays. If not, I only get the text.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Bert

Nevermind, I figured it out. It was operator error. I was updating site and removed all the text from my BIO.
    edited October 24, 2007
    Still need help with site not loading
    I am still needig help i can not access my site at all from a vista machine.
    Posted on glitch thread but no answers. Any ideas?
    rod
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2007
    rodc wrote:
    I am still needig help i can not access my site at all from a vista machine.
    Posted on glitch thread but no answers. Any ideas?
    rod
    If you don't get a timely answer here (which seems to be the case), you are probably better off going here: http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal for help.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
    edited October 24, 2007
    rodc wrote:
    No I am not on a network. just same internet connection and wireless modem. We have 6 computors that access the web fromt his modem at different times. 4 machines have xp and all can get to smumug sites - the two machines with vista can not.
    The pages time out and will not load at all. there are no firewalls operating that are known. No firewalls have been changed or used since the problem started which has been maybe the last 5-6 days? not sure on time though.
    I also can not load smugmug or any other smug mug page from friends on smugmug.

the dell Vista machine will kick me out to a google search page with my website listed. The other a hp vista laptop just times out and says it is not able to access the page.

my web page is www.cordsenphotography.com

rod
    Hi Rod, yes, please do like John said - we answer email immediately from our help desk, and we don't want you to be out ever, at all. Your site opens for us in Vista no problem, so I'm sure it's a local setting of some sort.

EDIT: YOUR child photography work is *excellent* :)

EDIT2: Do you get the same result from http://Cordsen.smugmug.com ?
    edited October 24, 2007
    jfriend wrote:
    If you don't get a timely answer here (which seems to be the case), you are probably better off going here: http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal for help.

Thanks

Thanks on the childrens stuff That make s me feel good coming from you.

And yes it is either way not sure why it's happening though on two different machines the only thing I can think of is the memory is fairly full and I just got in some additional hard drive space to clear off both machines. I will email for some help thanks again
    edited October 24, 2007
    rodc wrote:
    Thanks

Thanks on the childrens stuff That make s me feel good coming from you.

And yes it is either way not sure why it's happening though on two different machines the only thing I can think of is the memory is fairly full and I just got in some additional hard drive space to clear off both machines. I will email for some help thanks again
    One more thing, Rod, try clearing ALL your temp files from IE in Vista. Also you might try a flushdns - google for it, there are lots of instructions on how to do it (it's safe, easy).