Tuesday's with the Dalai Lama (LOTS of photos)

2»

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2007
    :cry

I'm sorry to hear that! But you did get some great shots last week and I'm glad you were able to get that experience and share it with us. thumb.gif
  • ccpickreccpickre Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2007
    schmoo wrote:
    :cry

I'm sorry to hear that! But you did get some great shots last week and I'm glad you were able to get that experience and share it with us. thumb.gif
    Me too :) But, it happens.
    Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2007
    That is such a huge bummer!! Welcome to the world of press. I'm sorry the disappointment of the private shoot didn't come to fruition.

Seriously, the shots you have thus far are amazing, once in a lifetime opportunity. One day, you'll be boring your grandkids with tall tales of this week in your life. thumb.gif
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
    edited October 29, 2007
    urbanaries wrote:
    That is such a huge bummer!! Welcome to the world of press. I'm sorry the disappointment of the private shoot didn't come to fruition.

Seriously, the shots you have thus far are amazing, once in a lifetime opportunity. One day, you'll be boring your grandkids with tall tales of this week in your life. thumb.gif
    I know, I can't wait :P I'm going to be the coolest grandpa ever :D
  • jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2007
    ccpickre wrote:
    I know, I can't wait :P I'm going to be the coolest grandpa ever :D

Doesn't Pathfinder have to become one first headscratch.gif

nod.gif
    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
    -Fleetwood Mac
    edited November 4, 2007
    jdryan3 wrote:
    Doesn't Pathfinder have to become one first headscratch.gif

nod.gif
    Well, yeah. I'm working on it. But you kind of have to get a date, then you have to be together for a while. Then you have to propose and she has to say yes. I'm still stuck on the first step in that one.
    edited November 4, 2007
    ccpickre wrote:
    Well, yeah. I'm working on it. But you kind of have to get a date, then you have to be together for a while. Then you have to propose and she has to say yes. I'm still stuck on the first step in that one.
    lol3.gif

With a sense of humor like that you're good to go! ;)
    edited November 4, 2007
    schmoo wrote:
    lol3.gif

With a sense of humor like that you're good to go! ;)
    Well tell that to all the girls I meet then headscratch.gif

I mean, there is just SOMETHING I'm missing when I see all these guys with the IQ of a one dollar bill get great girls, and a smart funny charming generous giving, semi attractive, and oh so humble and modest guy like me, can't get a date thumb.gif
    edited November 5, 2007
    ccpickre wrote:
    Well tell that to all the girls I meet then headscratch.gif

I mean, there is just SOMETHING I'm missing when I see all these guys with the IQ of a one dollar bill get great girls, and a smart funny charming generous giving, semi attractive, and oh so humble and modest guy like me, can't get a date thumb.gif
    Eh you wouldn't want those types o' girls anyway. You want the type that really digs great photos of the Dalai Lama and can geek out with the equipment. :giggle
    edited November 5, 2007
    schmoo wrote:
    Eh you wouldn't want those types o' girls anyway. You want the type that really digs great photos of the Dalai Lama and can geek out with the equipment. :giggle
    Actually, I think I need to date a girl who enjoys being in front of the camera, as opposed to behind it, then we have something in common, but we aren't arguing about it :D
    edited November 5, 2007
    ccpickre wrote:
    Actually, I think I need to date a girl who enjoys being in front of the camera, as opposed to behind it, then we have something in common, but we aren't arguing about it :D
    Good point! I wish I'd thought of this before I got my husband into photography, too. Or maybe I should have handed him a Nikon instead.

This thread has been totally and officially derailed.
    edited November 5, 2007
    schmoo wrote:
    Good point! I wish I'd thought of this before I got my husband into photography, too. Or maybe I should have handed him a Nikon instead.

HAHAHAHAHAHA If he had a Nikon, he would have been handicapped rolleyes1.gif

Yeah it pretty much is.
  • zweiblumenzweiblumen Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2007
    ccpickre wrote:
    HAHAHAHAHAHA If he had a Nikon, he would have been handicapped rolleyes1.gif

Yeah it pretty much is.

Yeah, I don't really see myself switching over to Nikon any time soon :D We spend enough on camera gear as it is... if we had to buy duplicates of EVERY lens that would be sick.
    Travis
    edited November 5, 2007
    zweiblumen wrote:
    Yeah, I don't really see myself switching over to Nikon any time soon :D We spend enough on camera gear as it is... if we had to buy duplicates of EVERY lens that would be sick.
    Except that Nikon is cheaper from what I've seen. And instead of doubling up, couldn't you use the Nikon to fill in the gaps that you're missing in Canon?
    edited November 5, 2007
    ccpickre wrote:
    Except that Nikon is cheaper from what I've seen. And instead of doubling up, couldn't you use the Nikon to fill in the gaps that you're missing in Canon?

I think it's a lot simpler to be able to share lenses. For this trip I'm renting a second 24-105 because that's such a good walk-around lens that I don't want to have to keep begging it off of Schmoo :), but other than that it all works out pretty well. Down the road I can see a couple of situations where we would end up doubling up on a lens, but for the most part we get two sets of gear for the price of one :) Plus I get all of the hand-me-downs for free!
    Travis
    edited November 5, 2007
    zweiblumen wrote:
    I think it's a lot simpler to be able to share lenses. For this trip I'm renting a second 24-105 because that's such a good walk-around lens that I don't want to have to keep begging it off of Schmoo :), but other than that it all works out pretty well. Down the road I can see a couple of situations where we would end up doubling up on a lens, but for the most part we get two sets of gear for the price of one :) Plus I get all of the hand-me-downs for free!
    So what you're saying is she's in charge?
    edited November 5, 2007
    ccpickre wrote:

:whip
    edited November 5, 2007
    ccpickre wrote:

Have you seen her stuff? Have you seen mine? She's the photog, I'm just along for the ride :D

Photography is a serious hobby for me. I'd say it's a passion of hers. So, yes. She's in charge....who am I kidding, she's always in charge rolleyes1.gif
    Travis
  • 1145climber1145climber Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited November 5, 2007
    hahahaha i absolutely love the guy in the armor with the nikon strap around his neck... what a contrast
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited November 5, 2007
    schmoo wrote:

15524779-Ti.gif

But in a good way......
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • firedancing4lifefiredancing4life Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2007
    colors and compositions are great! clap.gif