Options

Post your LPS#16 Unofficial Feedback here

2»

Comments

• Options
    SunsetSailorSunsetSailor Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    a quick note SunsetSailor, you have used a older version of my entry in your collage you must have made it over a week ago?

Sherstone,I did down load them as they came in - sorry, but I liked your newer submission better too so it wouldn't have changed my ranking. Good luck.

Thanks to those of you liked my "Heart of Darkness". Picking it encourages me more than I can express.
    Laura
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif] The goal is not to change your subjects, but for the subject to change the photographer. ~Author Unknown

Olympus EVolt 500
    [/FONT]
    http://sunsetsailor.smugmug.com
  • Options
    PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    Although I've certainly had several favorites from each of the LPS rounds, I've never attempted to post my fav's. But, I've come to realize that I enjoy and value the Unofficial Lists and comments as much as the official Top Ten. So, in the vein of "you only get out what you put in" and to not dodge my responsibilities...

Here's my top twelve in order of entry:

225949015-Ti.jpg
    #7 - Ozone - Night Whispers

225949019-Ti.jpg
    #8 - seastack - Vigil

225949026-Ti.jpg
    #9 - sherestone - Multiplicity

225949037-Ti.jpg
    #11 - Greensquared - By The Light Of The Chicken Coop

225949046-Ti.jpg
    #12 - Eoren - Bedtime Stories

225948947-Ti.jpg
    #14 - urbanaries - old point tavern

225948966-Ti.jpg
    #49 - davidweaver - La Putain avec Les Fleurs

225948973-Ti.jpg
    #51 - ifocus - From planet earth

225948977-Ti.jpg
    #52 - kp-pix - Her passion

225948988-Ti.jpg
    #59 - flybynight - The Boss of It All

225948995-Ti.jpg
    #71 - vandana - The cranes are flying

225949004-Ti.jpg
    #75 - Red Dog - Morning Fog In Orange County

Please note that my "short list" was 30 images and with only a couple exceptions, I could easily trade any of the remaining 18 into this list.

Also, Thank you very much to those of you who included Bloom Beam in your picks. I had a lot of fun with the "Straight from the camera" thing and it was really fun to see the other images that followed the same theme.

-paul

PS - Can someone point me to a tutorial on how to make a cool thumbnail collage in photoshop (or whatever you guys use). I fought with it for a while and just gave up. There must be an easy way to import each image - but I can't figure it out.
  • Options
    GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    Thank you, Paul!!! You just made my night!
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• Options
    kp-pixkp-pix Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    Thanks Paul iloveyou.gif made my day this thread clap.gif
  • Options
    vinsonvinson Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    Wow. I made it into two favourite lists. It's almost like winning but without the ...winning. :D. I'll probably regret this but if anyone didn't like "my little eye" then let me know why. This is a feedback thread so I would be interested to hear critisisms so I can improve. Cheers.

Kevin.
  • Options
    RockportersRockporters Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    Congratulations to all on another great round! Thank you to those who included my photo in your favorites, it is much appreciated!
    Beth

Nikon D300
    Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8
    Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6
    Nikon 50mm f/1.8D

[SIZE=-3]Mary Beth Glasmann Photography[/SIZE]
  • Options
    eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    Thank you so much!
    Never made it to this many lists before! I was thrilled that this photo was so well received and it was a great feeling to see my son keep popping up on different pages of dgrin. Making the SFs was a bonus but I honestly couldn't have been any happier after reading this thread,
    Thanks!
    E
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    my entry was a little dark...(paused for the season) i was going for something that didnt catch the judges liking, but it was an absolute thrill that i made some lists here in the thread, it is really nice to know that i wasnt totally off track. thanks again!

vinson, i couldnt do that shot as nice as you did! but looking at it for critic'g, i would have liked to have seen a reflection of some type in the pupil other than the square catch light...just an idea of how to make it really stand out...(but what do i know?)(nothing:-)
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    FeliciaFelicia Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    PS - Can someone point me to a tutorial on how to make a cool thumbnail collage in photoshop (or whatever you guys use). I fought with it for a while and just gave up. There must be an easy way to import each image - but I can't figure it out.

Welcome to the Unofficial Feedback Thread, Paul!

We were all discussing a while back in one of the threads on how to do collages. I found Nikolai's format to be easiest for me to use. What I do now is create a new document in PS at 300 dpi and 3000 x 3000 pixels. That gives me more than enough room to add in my faves. Then I go to the entry thread, put my cursor over the photo, right click and select copy. I flip back to PS, select Edit and Paste. Once I'm done adding in my faves, I save as a .jpg, upload it to one of my galleries and link it in the thread.
    "Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."

www.feliciabphotography.com
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    Felicia wrote:
    Welcome to the Unofficial Feedback Thread, Pau!

We were all discussing a while back in one of the threads on how to do collages. I found Nikolai's format to be easiest for me to use. What I do now is create a new document in PS at 300 dpi and 3000 x 3000 pixels. That gives me more than enough room to add in my faves. Then I go to the entry thread, put my cursor over the photo, right click and select copy. I flip back to PS, select Edit and Paste. Once I'm done adding in my faves, I save as a .jpg, upload it to one of my galleries and link it in the thread.
    15524779-Ti.gifmwink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    Thanks for that simple technique! I've been meaning to go dig up how to do this...now I can! I didn't even try to limit it to 10...

226231008-XL.jpg
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    Good gravy, what a round to miss. I hope I can get my camera up and running this round. I miss the LPS!!! Really nice work everyone.
  • Options
    MrsCueMrsCue Registered Users Posts: 412 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2007
    Thank you Elaine :)
    Canon EOS 40D, Canon EOS 350D, 50mm 1.8 MKII prime lens, 17-40mm f/4 L lens, 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS lens, 430 EX speedlite, Tungsten Continuous studio light, Pocket Wizards, Gary Fong Lightsphere, Stofen Omni bounce diffuser, 5in1 reflector

• Options
    LeonardoLeonardo Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited November 28, 2007
    Hard to pick ten from all amazing entries, but here's my top 10 in some kind of order:

J
    Buoyant
    Autumn's End
    Building a better tomorrow
    Paused For the Season
    Last Call
    Sands of Time
    Ready & waiting
    Desolation
    Forest Light

Congratulations to LPS 16 semifinalistsclap.gif
  • Options
    MrsCueMrsCue Registered Users Posts: 412 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2007
    Leonardo wrote:
    Hard to pick ten from all amazing entries, but here's my top 10 in some kind of order:

J
    Buoyant
    Autumn's End
    Building a better tomorrow
    Paused For the Season
    Last Call
    Sands of Time
    Ready & waiting
    Desolation
    Forest Light

Congratulations to LPS 16 semifinalistsclap.gif

Yay!!! Thank you so much Leonardo.
    Canon EOS 40D, Canon EOS 350D, 50mm 1.8 MKII prime lens, 17-40mm f/4 L lens, 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS lens, 430 EX speedlite, Tungsten Continuous studio light, Pocket Wizards, Gary Fong Lightsphere, Stofen Omni bounce diffuser, 5in1 reflector