Options

Kansas

2»

Comments

• Options
    swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    Are we going a head for mini Shootout in MANHATTAN ......Ks that is on APRIL 26........I need to updatre my GOOGLE calendar if so.......Where shouild we meet and what time.......time is my main concern as I may have to drive up Friday and find a care taker for my Blk Lab for the day (and that is not hard)........
    So who all is in: Swinton Photo, StevL, RBattis,KWCrow, CSwinton and MySelf

Sounds great! Is Manhattan the best place for everyone? If so we could meet at my studio - it's pretty easy to find. Alternatively, if there is somewhere we would like to go we could meet there (such as the Konza Prairie or something). Or - if Manhattan is not convenient for everyone I would be happy to go elsewhere as well (KC, Lawrence, Topeka, Salina, etc).
  • Options
    TPBinKCTPBinKC Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2008
    Have fun guys. I really wish I could make it. Keep me in mind for the next one.
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2008
    Sounds great! Is Manhattan the best place for everyone? If so we could meet at my studio - it's pretty easy to find. Alternatively, if there is somewhere we would like to go we could meet there (such as the Konza Prairie or something). Or - if Manhattan is not convenient for everyone I would be happy to go elsewhere as well (KC, Lawrence, Topeka, Salina, etc).

Us 2 for sure so I have put this on my calander.....now we need a time to meet.....hopefully more will chime in.....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited April 15, 2008
    How about starting sometime in the morning, starting sometime between 8-noon, and shooting till we get too tired or whatever. What would people prefer with travel?
  • Options
    edited April 15, 2008
    I kinda plan of heading that way Friday after work to get some shooting in....hopefully nice landscapey sunset and maybe some animals of the wild kind.......starting early is good for me.....just name a starting palce and thats good enuff.............
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited April 21, 2008
    shameless bumpy
    Just a shameless bump to see who all is heading for Manhattan this weekend (Saturday Morn to be exact)........a lot were interested we know TPBinKC can't make it...may be nextime we will get to shoot with you..........

So who all is heading for Manhattan...........Ks that is on the 26th of April.....??????

• Options
    edited April 23, 2008
    Should we meet at my studio?
    505 Leavenworth, Manhattan, KS.
    If you need directions call me at (785)313-6161
    Who is in besides Art Scott and I?
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2008
    Should we meet at my studio?
    505 Leavenworth, Manhattan, KS.
    If you need directions call me at (785)313-6161
    Who is in besides Art Scott and I?

yeah studio should be fine.......
    I'll do a Mapquest or Yahoo maps and bring print with me......

• Options
    CameronCameron Registered Users Posts: 745 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    Just a shameless bump to see who all is heading for Manhattan this weekend (Saturday Morn to be exact)........a lot were interested we know TPBinKC can't make it...may be nextime we will get to shoot with you..........

So who all is heading for Manhattan...........Ks that is on the 26th of April.....??????

I'll be there as well!
  • Options
    RBattisRBattis Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited April 24, 2008
    Sorry for the late response, but I will not be able to join you this weekend. I will try to make the next outing. Have a great time. Let us know when and where you post your pictures. I will be interested to see how it went.
  • Options
    edited April 25, 2008
    Let's plan on meeting at 9am. Does that work?
    Meeting place: 505 Leavenworth, Manhattan, KS (Swinton Photography). When you come there, park behind the studio. There are spaces just next to my back door that are reserved for my studio, feel free to park there. There is a sign that says you will be towed, but, you won't because the sign is just there to scare others from parking in my spaces.
    For directions or anything else call me at (785)313-6161.
    Come with ideas of places you would like to shoot around here.
    Looks like Art Scott, Cameron Swinton, and I are coming for sure. I also have a friend in the area who does a little photography for fun who may be coming.

Anyone else???? Cmon Dgrinners, it's gonna be fun!
  • Options
    edited April 25, 2008
    Sounds good to me...my first 2 ideas were the Konza Prairie and/ or Tuttle Creek.....just looking for some good landscapes....of course a little street shooting in Aggie Town might be fun......tis spring time....shorts, skirts...short skirts.....arethey in season......Hmmmmmmm ......oh for got YOU"RE MARRIED:D:D:D

See you all in the Morn.........

Hoping that Wunderground is wrong......radar says 40% chance of rain......rain would suck big time.........

• Options
    MONK3Y_M4GICMONK3Y_M4GIC Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited April 25, 2008
    just saw this thread.
    i was wondering how late you guy plan on bieng out.
    i have a few things to do in the morning but i might be able to meet up later.

thanks,
    alex
  • Options
    edited April 25, 2008
    just saw this thread.
    i was wondering how late you guy plan on bieng out.
    i have a few things to do in the morning but i might be able to meet up later.

thanks,
    alex

I don't think we have any firm ideas about how long we will be out, but you are certainly welcome to meet us whenever you would be available. You could call me on my cell when you are available to see if we are still out, and where to meet us: (785)313-6161.
  • Options
    edited April 26, 2008
    The shoot went very well! I had lots of fun. We will all be posting images from the outing soon!
  • Options
    edited April 27, 2008
    A HUUUGE THANK YOU TO Jonathon (and to his beautiful wife) for his gracious hospitality in hauling us all over Tuttle Creek and Manhattan for Fantastic Day of shooting and getting to know other Dgrinners/Smuggers......Now to get started on the processing................Great meeting Jonathon and his wife, Cameron and Jon's friend ( i am terrible with names...sorry) and also not least even tho last the great little kitty Winston....................

• Options
    edited April 28, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    A HUUUGE THANK YOU TO Jonathon (and to his beautiful wife) for his gracious hospitality in hauling us all over Tuttle Creek and Manhattan for Fantastic Day of shooting and getting to know other Dgrinners/Smuggers......Now to get started on the processing................Great meeting Jonathon and his wife, Cameron and Jon's friend ( i am terrible with names...sorry) and also not least even tho last the great little kitty Winston....................

Thanks Art!

I have posted a few pix from our outing:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=92270
  • Options
    CameronCameron Registered Users Posts: 745 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2008
    I just posted some of my pics from the day in this thread: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=92503

Enjoy! Let's do this again soon..