Nikolai's attempt #19

2»

Comments

• ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2008
    I like #2 the best... my only complaint is the blurred foot, and since she's looking down at it, my eye travels there. Even so, it captures my attention more than the other two. Beautiful light in all of them!
    Chris
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2008
    ChrisJ wrote:
    I like #2 the best... my only complaint is the blurred foot, and since she's looking down at it, my eye travels there. Even so, it captures my attention more than the other two. Beautiful light in all of them!
    Thanks, Chris! thumb.gif
    Yes, the light was nearly perfect - just around the sunset. mwink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2008
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2008
    #2 as well.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    ... the light was nearly perfect - just around the sunset. mwink.gif

I'd say! perfect for sure. I'll throw my vote in for #2 as well. It portrays action the best and the wave action at the top is awesome!
    edited January 5, 2008
    hatch, brad, sher
    Thanks guys, thumb.gif
    entry updated!deal.gif
    edited January 5, 2008
    Swartzy wrote:
    Any way to get out for a reshoot? The colors are great. The running part isn't. My one suggestion (as in my mind's eye) would be her running full bore legs outstretched with at least one leg in the air (more than 2 inches) as you pan. The combination of a very slight motion blur with those colors in conjunction with a perfectly in focus runner would be "THE" shot.

Just my take buddy. Cheers.
    Looks like the "#2" is *exactly* the one you've asked for mwink.gif
    I almost feel like you knew for sure I had it lol3.gif
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2008
    Number 2 for me....Nice capture
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
    edited January 5, 2008
    Tentacion wrote:
    Number 2 for me....Nice capture
    Thanks! thumb.gif
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2008
    Not sure if it matters but my wife and I were chatting tonight and we were talking about some of the entries in LPS. She also really liked #2.

She then looked at me and said... so how long before you can do thatrolleyes1.gif She liked that one a lot.

As I was looking at the photo with her, I am taken by the spray in the ocean. I just like the flying feel of it. I probably am not saying it well but the spray adds that little thing.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
    edited January 6, 2008
    Not sure if it matters but my wife and I were chatting tonight and we were talking about some of the entries in LPS. She also really liked #2.

She then looked at me and said... so how long before you can do thatrolleyes1.gif She liked that one a lot.

As I was looking at the photo with her, I am taken by the spray in the ocean. I just like the flying feel of it. I probably am not saying it well but the spray adds that little thing.

Wow, that's a nice compliment, thanks a lot, I feel like a winner already :-)

And yes, I hear you about the spray. I hope it kinda adds another dimension to the crashing waves, making sure you can feel the presence of the strong wind. And of course it also happened to work as a great light modifier (diffuser), for me at least...mwink.gif

Cheers! 1drink.gif
  • RockportersRockporters Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    Love #2, what a great shot! She looks much more comfortable, and the position isn't awkward. Good choice!
    Beth

Nikon D300
    Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8
    Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6
    Nikon 50mm f/1.8D

[SIZE=-3]Mary Beth Glasmann Photography[/SIZE]
    edited January 7, 2008
    Love #2, what a great shot! She looks much more comfortable, and the position isn't awkward. Good choice!
    Thank you Beth, appreciate it!