Options

I have to wait 2 days!

2»

Comments

• Options
    JamesJWegJamesJWeg Registered Users Posts: 795 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2005
    Lucky you, mine still says "[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Processing" rolleyes1.gif[/font]

James.
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2005
    JamesJWeg wrote:
    Lucky you, mine still says "[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Processing" rolleyes1.gif[/font]

James.
    Hey James,

My order showed that too for awhile. It probably won't change until tomorrow AM. Not to worry its winging its way towards you.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    JamesJWegJamesJWeg Registered Users Posts: 795 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2005
    Harryb wrote:
    Hey James,

My order showed that too for awhile. It probably won't change until tomorrow AM. Not to worry its winging its way towards you.
    It should be here sometime today. clap.gif As for B&H, I will avoid them if I can in the future, due to thier attitude, they did drop a few dollars from the shipping, but one of thier reps tried to say that it was *MY* fault for not calling them to verify that it would ship that day even though they had not contacted me. They did admit that 5:15PM was a little late to try calling my office number, and they did admit to failing to call my cell number WHICH IS LISTED AS MY MAIN NUMBER on my B&H account. Overall, I am not impressed and the gear isn't even here yet.

James.
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2005
    JamesJWeg wrote:
    It should be here sometime today. clap.gif As for B&H, I will avoid them if I can in the future, due to thier attitude, they did drop a few dollars from the shipping, but one of thier reps tried to say that it was *MY* fault for not calling them to verify that it would ship that day even though they had not contacted me. They did admit that 5:15PM was a little late to try calling my office number, and they did admit to failing to call my cell number WHICH IS LISTED AS MY MAIN NUMBER on my B&H account. Overall, I am not impressed and the gear isn't even here yet.

James.
    Hey James,

I am so sorry that your experience with them wasn't a good one for you. I have always found them to be efficient (I was luckier than you). They definitely ain't a warm and friendly place to shop though.
    Harry
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2005
    JamesJWeg wrote:

James.

Sorry to hear that you are not happy, but hopefully you will have your gear soon. I am happy with their service and occasional quirks.

I will say don't write them off completely, especially if you travel to NYC. You have to stop at their store. It is one (might be the largest) the largest camera stores anywhere. You can see and put your hands on almost anything. It is massive considering its location, many of the other shops in NYC are small and packed in a corner.

In the future if you place an order, try Calumet Photo. Their website is not great, but ok and they stock a lot more than is listed, but if you call they usually have top notch customer service. I have ordered from them often and if I call I can usually get them to meet B+H's pricing.

Good luck with the new camera.
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2005
    patch29 wrote:
    I will say don't write them off completely, especially if you travel to NYC. You have to stop at their store. It is one (might be the largest) the largest camera stores anywhere. You can see and put your hands on almost anything. It is massive considering its location, many of the other shops in NYC are small and packed in a corner.

Everyone should visit their store at least once. Its kind of a Disneyland for photographers. :D
    Harry
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2005
    Harryb wrote:
    Everyone should visit their store at least once. Its kind of a Disneyland for photographers. :D

Just make sure you leave your wallet at home. deal.gif:D
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2005
    patch29 wrote:
    Just make sure you leave your wallet at home. deal.gif:D
    Andy didn't
    Harry
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2005
    Harryb wrote:
    Andy didn't

OK, change that.

If you go to B+H be sure to take along Andy's wallet. :):
  • Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2005
    HAHAHA! Send that in for Kodak POTD!!!! rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gifroflclap.gifclap