2»

Comments

• Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2008
    shatch wrote:

1)
    272708173_NHnDL-L.jpg

Love the PP on this one- the colors are fantastic- too bad it is not sharper though.
    4)
    272711050_Kie2j-L.jpg
    I waited and waited to try and get this shot when I was there. People just kept coming and coming till I finally gave up.
    5)
    272716778_S9v39-L.jpg

SUPERB!!! clap.gifbowdown.gif
    7)
    272720625_sudtj-L.jpg
    Love this one as well!! iloveyou.gif

Looked through your gallery too- Very cool looks on those.

The view from up high- is that available for the public even if not a member of the church? I liked the ariel shot quite a bit too.

Thanks for posting these!!
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2008
    Yes, this shot it is from the north visitor center - anyone can go there. The visitor's center guides (Missionaries) will offer assistance but no problem just wandering around.

You can also get a really high vantage point if you wish. You can go to the top floor of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building (former Hotel Utah). There is a restaurant there and big windows that are pretty easy to shoot through.

27369989_LmY4P-M.jpg

And you can go even higher to the top of the Church Office Building (big white monolith building). Membership not required to go up there either (but hours are more limited).
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2008
    clap.gif great shots guys....

shatch im glad you got the shot with kids in front of the christus, good job
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    jrnylstjrnylst Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited March 31, 2008
    This was several years ago when I was still using film. I was shooting through a window in the old Hotel Utah, I think.
    261952640_gFiHo-M.jpg
    alias Snowcatcher, but still a jrnylst at heart
    http://snowcatcher.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited March 31, 2008
    Just a fun shot from Christmastime. I didn't take a tripod this trip, or I'd have had tons more pictures.
    261952899_kEvmX-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 31, 2008
    The clouds weren't cooperative my last trip in 2006, but I couldn't resist the flowers.
    261954270_8aYcb-M.jpg
  • Options
    shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2008
    jrnylst

Love your entries. The flowers especially make me anxious for Spring. Snowed here again yesterday. When will it end?!

Thanks AaronNelson and Anwmn1 for the comments.

Wholenewlight...that is the one shot I wanted to get at night that I couldn't get. Guess I have to go back. I love that perspective.
  • Options
    edited April 1, 2008
    Shatch, I love your shots, too, especially the kid shots. Wonderful!

I'm getting just a wee bit tired of winter, too, but I guess I haven't got it as bad as those further north. I wouldn't complain if we could get 15 or 20 inches and a day or two off work. But I guess even traces are making for a great wildflower season...
  • Options
    bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2008
    Also returned from our trip to SLC over this past weekend - cold weather but no real precipitation to speak of. The clouds broke a bit on Friday and I grabbed a few quick shots....

p563357955-4.jpg

p985938346-4.jpg

p737708241-4.jpg

I have a recommendation on a hotel too based on this trip - the Salt Lake plaza Hotel - we really liked it and it is literally across the street from Temple Square....

Will post more soon hopefully. Great shots from everyone to this point......love your Christus shot Steve.
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw
  • Options
    bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2008
    p641008693.jpg

Shot of the Christus from our trip that was now a few weeks ago.... Temple Square Visitors Center. The background that they painted around the statue really adds some atmosphere and context to what is already an inspiring piece of art.
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw