Options

Photography Survey - Please fill out & help me gather data :)

ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
edited March 16, 2008 in Cameras
Here is a link to the survey I kept mentioning in the other thread about brand sightings of camera companies.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?key=ppS7_MLHJm1NJ8e_IYUCbcQ

Once you fill it out it automatically puts it into my google doc spreadsheet making it super easy for me to compile data. Your answers will be kept in confidence.

I am writing the paper on Canon and Nikon comparing history, marketing, brand loyalty and other such areas between the two (both comparing them in Japan and elsewhere). I will be conducting a Japanese version of this exact survey while I am in Japan from March 1st - 11th.

I will gladly post the final paper at the end of the semester (May) once it is finished! The paper is supposed to be 20-25 pages upon completion... though depending on how interesting it gets we may see it grow beyond that and I would love if it gets lots of great response to eventually expand it even beyond what I am required to write for the class. (My personal *big* goal would be to expand it into a book once I'm done with my Masters... I am graduating with my Master of Arts in August after I complete two summer courses).

Alrighty, enough babbling. Please fill out the survey, it is not very long and shouldn't take you a lot of time. Thanks! Let me know if there are any questions.

Comments

• Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    Done! thumb.gif
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2008
    Elaine wrote:
    Done! thumb.gif

2 responses down, many to go :) Thanks!

(the first response which beat you by a few moments was by someone I know at Valparaiso University who shoots for the student newspaper)
  • Options
    xrisxris Registered Users Posts: 546 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    Shima wrote:
    Here is a link to the survey...
    Done. Impressive! It's my first, real, practical, (non-experimental, line-of-business) experience with Google Docs!!

thumb.gif
    X www.thepicturetaker.ca
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2008
    Google docs has done some AMAZING things since they've started, I love using them. You can do documents, spreadsheets and presentations presently... and sharing is probably my favorite thing for when you want multiple people to be able to edit the same file (without having to continually re-email it every time a change is made, you can all edit together).

Anyhoo enough w/ pushing google docs, thanks for filling out my survey :)
    xris wrote:
    Done. Impressive! It's my first, real, practical, (non-experimental, line-of-business) experience with Google Docs!!

thumb.gif
  • Options
    salazarsalazar Registered Users Posts: 392 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    I'm in. Good luck with your research, paper, book?
    Please feel free to retouch and repost my images. Critique, Suggestions, and Technique tips always welcomed. Thanks for your interest.
  • Options
    Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    Done. Nice and quick. Not like some short surveys that take 30 minutes

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • Options
    TaDaTaDa Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    Done :)
    My Kit
    Canon 5DII, Canon 7D
    Canon Canon 24-70 f/2.8L, Canon 35 f/1.4L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, Canon 85 f/1.2L II, Canon 500mm f/4 IS, Zeiss 21mm ZE
    Speedlite 580ex II, Canon 430ex
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2008
    salazar wrote:
    I'm in. Good luck with your research, paper, book?

I've always wanted to write a book, so if I have enough material at the end of the research paper... we'll see if we can keep going :) But first things first, research paper! Thanks

Eric- yeah my professor refuses to let any of us have actual lengthy surveys, especially since we will be handing them out on the street in Japan and no stranger will complete them if they are scary long!!
  • Options
    MartynMartyn Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    Done.
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    Done thumb.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    Ken LappKen Lapp Registered Users Posts: 123 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    Shima wrote:
    Alrighty, enough babbling. Please fill out the survey, it is not very long and shouldn't take you a lot of time. Thanks! Let me know if there are any questions.
    Done!
    Ken Lapp, White Hawk Images
    Portrait, Wedding & Event Photography

• Options
    JetJet Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    Done
    Jethro :D
    My Blog
    Jethro Kingston Photography
    Use this coupon code to get $5 off when joining smugmug: eO3NU7AM85scE
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 24, 2008
    Done, and a bump. Surveys only work if you get the numbers. Mmmmm statistics! lol3.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    entropysedgeentropysedge Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    Done! thumb.gif
  • Options
    Jane B.Jane B. Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    Done thumb.gif

I will be following this here on dgrin and looking forward to what you write.

Jane
  • Options
    dmmattixdmmattix Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    Done

Mike Mattix
    Tulsa, OK

"There are always three sides to every story. Yours, mine, and the truth" - Unknown
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,842 moderator
    edited February 24, 2008
    Done.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2008
    This is amazing and I just wanted to say another thanks to all of you who have filled it out already and to those who will fill it out in the near future. Since posting this survey late last night, I'm already up to 38 responses between you all here as well as people I emailed the survey too! This is amazing and definitely makes me confident that I will be able to achieve a high number of responses (therefore making my data more accurate with a higher sample size).

Thanks and keep em coming!
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    D . d . d . done!
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    Done, with a box full of commentary thumb.gif
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • Options
    jwwjww Registered Users Posts: 449 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    done!

...good luck! thumb.gif
  • Options
    evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    Done with comments! Would love to see the final report! Good luck!
    thumb.gif
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • Options
    Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    done ! thumb.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • Options
    dusty-dogdusty-dog Registered Users Posts: 116 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    Done, and with comments. I'd also like to see the final report. Are you contemplating putting up here for the forum members to read? That would be cool.
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2008
    dusty-dog wrote:
    Done, and with comments. I'd also like to see the final report. Are you contemplating putting up here for the forum members to read? That would be cool.

Yeah one way or another I'll make it available for reading on here. The paper length for the class is 20-25 pages, so I'm not sure at the moment of the exact method I'll use to post this (as that would be a REALLY long entry, lol) but somehow I'll get it made available... if nothing else I can just share it as viewers to you all on Google docs (another nifty feature of theirs).

Loving the comments from everyone as they bring up other things the survey by itself can't and give me food for thought for the paper
  • Options
    hamsterhamster Registered Users Posts: 361 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    I've done it, but I don't use Canon or Nikon, so I don't know how much use it will be to you. Google docs is pretty cool - it will compile all that into a spreadsheet for you??
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2008
    hamster wrote:
    I've done it, but I don't use Canon or Nikon, so I don't know how much use it will be to you. Google docs is pretty cool - it will compile all that into a spreadsheet for you??

Yup it's been compiling them all answer by answer into a lovely spreadsheet. :)

And that's ok if you don't use either, you'll help skew it so that the canon + nikon preferences don't equal 100% (which they shouldn't, I expect them to equal the vast majority, but not all!)
  • Options
    DesignsmithDesignsmith Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    Done. Good luck with your paper.
    DS

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.
    -Marcel Proust

Sony A100: Dician VG-1 grip: Made Products Camera Armor: Sony 18-70 f3.5-5.6: Minolta 50 f1.7: Minolta 28-80 f3.5-5.6: Minolta 7-210 f4: Sigma 70-300DL f4-5.6:
    Cambron 2x converter: Minolta 3500xi: SanDisk Ultra II 2GB x6: Lexar Pro 8GB x3: Cokin filter system: PSP X2:
  • Options
    Katie BethKatie Beth Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    Done!

Good Luck!thumb.gif
    Katie
  • Options
    zoebluezoeblue Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    Just filled it out!. Good luck on your paper :D
    "Life is unchartered territory. It reveals its story one moment at a time." (Leo Buscaglia)

www.zoebluephotography.com