Rolling StoneRolling Stone Registered Users Posts: 203 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2004
    1347710-L.jpg
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited April 1, 2004
    DirtDOG wrote:
    1347710-L.jpg
    D DOg - Great stuff - welcome - I think I've seen your work over on the advrider site too. Nice close ups.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    SavannahManSavannahMan Registered Users Posts: 142 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2004
    Seeing circles everywhere.....Starting to twitch.....eek7.gif
    3188164-M-1.jpg

3188155-M-1.jpg

3186354-M.jpg

3186372-M-2.jpg

circles circles circles circles circles circles circles circles circles circles...:eek1
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2004
    DirtDOG wrote:
    Mornin' Fish,

Thought I'd join in, don't have time to get a shot today so I'll start with one I already have.
    DirtDOG

Hiya DD...nice shots, but the idea behind the assignments is to get you out and shoot fresh stuff, not dig into your archives.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited April 1, 2004
    fish wrote:
    Hiya DD...nice shots, but the idea behind the assignments is to get you out and shoot fresh stuff, not dig into your archives.
    Ya I know, that's why I delayed going to work and just started shooting in the shop. A mix of both. I promise teacher, I will take fresh shots from now on. Please forgive me, oh wise and scaly one.

Heading across to neighbors farm to make some crop circles.

DD
  • Options
    edited April 1, 2004
    DirtDOG wrote:

Heading across to neighbors farm to make some crop circles.

DD

:smooch

People apparently loooove geometric shapes. The response to this assignment has been overwhelming.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2004
    fish wrote:
    :smooch

People apparently loooove geometric shapes. The response to this assignment has been overwhelming.
    not me...I've been looking for circular animals and circular landscapes...:roll
    triangles I like ... I think.mwink.gif
  • Options
    AltProAltPro Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2004
    fish wrote:
    Here's your photo assignment for this week: Circles.

• Photos must be fresh - taken this week, not stuff you've got hanging around on your computer.
    • Circles means the primary focal point of your image should be a circle of some sort.
    Have at it.

Advanced spin: Use a 50mm focal length only. Post EXIF data if you are submitting for this category.

Here's my entry.... Titled "Lust"
    Shot on a mirror with an over head light source at 100 asa, f11...
    Hope it's ok.
    "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
  • Options
    edited April 1, 2004
    The Chair

3207481-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 1, 2004
    3207489-L.jpg
  • Options
    AltProAltPro Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2004
    "escape"
    Here's my second attempt at this weeks project... I'm enjoying the challenge of finding themes that fit the "assignment."
    "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
  • Options
    edited April 1, 2004
    DirtDOG wrote:
    3207489-L.jpg

I like that a lot, DD. Contrast is great, and it speaks to my inner motorhead.
  • Options
    edited April 1, 2004
    fish wrote:
    I like that a lot, DD. Contrast is great, and it speaks to my inner motorhead.
    Try this one, no motorhead content but grabbed a meter long pipe and shot through it.

3207461-O.jpg
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2004
    wave.gif Hiya DD, what took you so long? lol3.gif

OK, this shouldn't count, but 'cause I haven't been able to shoot much, it's gonna hafta. I'm counting the traffic lights as circles. So there.

3215608-M.jpg
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    peachmaanpeachmaan Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2004
    my head is spinning
    And it's not because of these.....
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2004
    And if it was I'd run into one of these stores.....(pharmacy in "germish")
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2004
    And I wouldn't be driving either or.....
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2004
    I'd probably jump of a bridge to cool my head, and somebody probably would throw one of these after me.....
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2004
    Not willing to get out of the water , swimming around I'd see this
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2004
    Being cold getting out of the water.... I'd lite on of these
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2004
    Being exhausted, getting home , I'd see stuff like this
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2004
    Finally home I'd put on some nice music.....
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2004
    Listening, I'd think of stuff like this, the art of making houses look reeaalyy pretty!!

Many good picts..... after page 6 or 7 I started to feel sorta dizzy...
    I like that pipe shot pretty much , and Fishs readiness for ..hmm ...WW3 ? headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2004
    Holy cow Waxy, there's a triangle in there, been hunting for one of those since yesterday. More surprises this evening from DirtDOG land. L8er.
    DD
    wxwax wrote:

OK, this shouldn't count, but 'cause I haven't been able to shoot much, it's gonna hafta. I'm counting the traffic lights as circles. So there.

3215608-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2004
    wxwax wrote:

3215608-M.jpg
    I love your night shots waxy.. I'm gonna do some one day when I find some night and life together. I thought of you yesterday when I took five portraits of my old folks (a first) and left my ISO on 800 and my white bal on sun.. (I was under light bulbs)... from what I remember I"m not the only one who forgets to change settings until after the shoot.rolleyes1.gif I wondered why they were dark and grainy.
  • Options
    SeamaidenSeamaiden Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2004
    peachmaan wrote:
    Finally home I'd put on some nice music.....
    Ahh.. a man after my own heart! If you haven't got it, you must pick up "Motorcade of Generosity". One of my faves on that CD "Mr. Mastodon Farm".
    Youth and Enthusiasm
    Are No Match For
    Age and Treachery
  • Options
    ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2004
    Last minute circle.
  • Options
    edited April 3, 2004
    Seamaiden wrote:
    Ahh.. a man after my own heart! If you haven't got it, you must pick up "Motorcade of Generosity". One of my faves on that CD "Mr. Mastodon Farm".
    thumb.gif
    Hav'em all... allready... you know their site??... www.cakemusic.com
    They have little gigs all over CA in small pubs a.s.o.. but I am still here in germany....They take forever to release another cd... :(:
    Laterz
  • Options
    edited April 3, 2004
    fish wrote:
    Here's your photo assignment for this week: Circles.
    • Photos must be fresh - taken this week, not stuff you've got hanging around on your computer.
    • Circles means the primary focal point of your image should be a circle of some sort.
    Have at it.

Advanced spin: Use a 50mm focal length only. Post EXIF data if you are submitting for this category.
    So here I am, up at the crack of dawn with me pack all ready and me NEW light weight small gorgeous tripod in it... and I have no assignment?? Fishstick...where is it... or am I on the wrong day as usual..
    headscratch.gifne_nau.gif1drink.gif
  • Options
    edited April 3, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    So here I am, up at the crack of dawn with me pack all ready and me NEW light weight small gorgeous tripod in it... and I have no assignment?? Fishstick...where is it... or am I on the wrong day as usual..
    headscratch.gifne_nau.gif1drink.gif
    Good point.... !!!
    I was outside today killing the last picts on the film getting it develloped and scanned by a friend.. So, no new assignment I thought combining the last few assignments... triangles, circles, moving objects, and squares?? wasn't a bad Idea.. Laterz