Options

Flowers

Comments

• Options
    Rolling StoneRolling Stone Registered Users Posts: 203 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2004
    Was at the garden center yesterday and just took a few shots of their spring offerings.

3308546-O.jpg

3308548-O.jpg

3308549-O.jpg

3308550-O.jpg

3308552-O.jpg
  • Options
    tgametgame Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited April 6, 2004
    March crocuses
    And speaking of eyeball shocks, these crocuses really made me jump when I first saw them.

crocuses.jpg

gotta wrote:
    Many of my first photographs were flowers. I don't see anything wrong with learning on them. For one thing, the fact they are pretty will keep you interested long enough to get good with the camera.

Regards, Eric
    Regards,

Tony Game.

http://www.candlet.plus.com/
  • Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2004
    tgame wrote:
    crocuses.jpg
    Great image thumb.gif

That's a very cool look. What steps did you take to get it, or is that a secret? ear.gif
  • Options
    tgametgame Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited April 6, 2004
    I kept a bit of a check this time. Increased saturation, warmed with FM warm/cool action, Simplified a little with buzz, Dup layer and applied blur, combined layers, flattened, dropped gamma with curves.

But it was the original scene that mattered of course. These crocuses were real gems in a brief flicker of sunlight.

cletus wrote:
    Great image thumb.gif

That's a very cool look. What steps did you take to get it, or is that a secret? ear.gif
    Regards,

Tony Game.

http://www.candlet.plus.com/
  • Options
    MainFraggerMainFragger Registered Users Posts: 563 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2004
    Next few posts..lots of flowers
    Some of these are from around the city, and some are from the Phila. Flower Show.

Brian/MainFragger
    http://mainfragger.smugmug.com Warning: The Shock Therapy 2.0 galleries have adult material in them. DO NOT view at work, in front of a minor, or if you are easily offended.
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2004
    MainFragger's flower shots
    This isn't really a flower, but I like the shot, so close enough for me.
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2004
    This is a hair overexposed, but I found the little hairs on the flower came out better that way.

Brian/MainFragger
    http://mainfragger.smugmug.com Warning: The Shock Therapy 2.0 galleries have adult material in them. DO NOT view at work, in front of a minor, or if you are easily offended.
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2004
    This is from Neshaminy State Park. I find it strange because there are about four of these flowers at a crosswalk in the park, and nowhere else that I saw.

Brian/MainFragger
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2004
    Brian/MainFragger
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2004
    More of MainFragger's flower shots
    Arrangement from the Phila. Flower Show

Brian/MainFragger
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2004
    Still more MainFragger flower shots
    I've got a couple more..

Brian/MainFragger
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2004
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    5301044-M-1.jpg
    beautiful flower shots all.. I specially like this one gubbs of your daisys..such a simple little flower:D
  • Options
    spocklingspockling Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2004
    Neighbours Garden
    This is just one of the flowers in our neighbours garden. (wishing it was our garden ;-)
    Flower1.jpg

• Options
    edited June 24, 2004
    spockling wrote:
    This is just one of the flowers in our neighbours garden. (wishing it was our garden ;-)
    Flower1.jpg
    Don't know if you watch Babylon 5, but this almost reminds me of the Vorlon Spacecrafts.. Similar design, just needs a greenish alien skin that shape shifts its patterns a little. Oh yeah, and a Planet Killer beam on the front.

MainFragger
  • Options
    WolfWolf Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    beautiful flower shots all.. I specially like this one gubbs of your daisys..such a simple little flower:D
    I so agree with Lynn here, it is quite an inspiration to go out and photograph some flowers!
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2004
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2004
    I know its not a flower, this is some fennel that I have in my garden
    5301047-L.jpg
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2004
    OK, I will join in...........flowers
    I am beginning to feel like my tag should be "the copy cat". I am just going from thread to thread adding my photos, or some of them. I have a gallery called "Flowers", and before this spring I had maybe taken ten flower shots, max. But I wanted to show some of my friends what spring is like in the Charleston area, it is gorgeous here, then, and I certainly did not even approach getting most of it.
    Here is a shot from my "collection".

3308222-M.jpg

I would do that better in ps now, just to tweak the intensity of the colors and sky, but this is the idea. A typical, for some, island home on the way to church. I took photos of all the flowers up close, then stood back and took the wider shot of the place from whence the other pictures came.

3308215-M-3.jpg

3308211-M.jpg

Then closer to home, a budding tree, this is my absolute favorite, love this picture..........

3295043-M.jpg

And, folks, that is all around in the Charleston area in the spring,

ginger (me, too, I mean "copy cat")
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    SeamaidenSeamaiden Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2004
    Alright, I'm gonna just do the following as attachments.. guess I should eventually learn how to use the smugmug deal, yeah? (Post move, I've just got an awful lot on my plate as of late.) First shot, macro of some kind of flower my mother planted in her garden. It was my very first attempt at a macro shot of any sort.
    Youth and Enthusiasm
    Are No Match For
    Age and Treachery
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2004
    This next shot is of some kind of bud "thing" that's come up on our pond reeds. I have no idea whether or not it's an actual flower, but it does appear to be a reproductive organ of a plant, so I'm sort of expanding my own interpretation of this thread. Going from "Flowers" to "Sexual Reproductive Organs of Plants". Hope all y'all don't mind!
    Youth and Enthusiasm
    Are No Match For
    Age and Treachery
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2004
    We also have some water lilies, or lotus. It seems almost impossible to take shots withOUT the girls getting in the picture. This is one of my favorites, not just because of the lotus, but because I caught one of them flying off.
    Youth and Enthusiasm
    Are No Match For
    Age and Treachery
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited July 1, 2004
    This flower thread has been quiet for a while, so I thought I would revive it with a few images from today......

5698831-L.jpg

and a lily is always good too

5698832-L.jpg
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2004
    bowdown.gif Wow! I'm glad you did. Stunning color on both - very nice shots, man.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    DewrGleisionDewrGleision Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2004
    Umm, I havent read all of this thread (less than half of just this page), but I sure hope that you know that those bees are all male, right seamaiden?...
    The one female stays at home, fat and lazy, making everyone work for her, and she probably complains anyway!rolleyes1.gif Oh, that was such a cheap shot! :D *holds wrists up* Take me away! *seethes evilness*
    I told you Ive become evil, seamaiden! You didnt believe me! You who so resembles Dian Keaton (also evil)!!!

I have some neat flower pics I took while in Italy... The macro setting on my f828 is incredible!!! Even with the f-stop at like 2.3 or something, the zoom set on 28mm, and the macro setting on, I can get within one inch--one inch!!!--of whatever I want to shoot! Ive never been able to get that close with my old film SLR!!! Sweetness!
    Maybe Ill post some later if Im not banned for this post! :D
    Yay to you all!
    He who throws dirt, loses ground...
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    bowdown.gif Wow! I'm glad you did. Stunning color on both - very nice shots, man.
    Thanks Sid - Here are a couple more

5698834-L.jpg

5698833-L.jpg

See - you shouldn't encourage me Laughing.gif

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2004
    That dude looks just like Jiminy Cricket! rolleyes1.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    That dude looks just like Jiminy Cricket! rolleyes1.gif
    Laughing.gif Yup!!!lickout.gif

• Options
    edited July 8, 2004
    I have been reading Rutt's description of LAB steeping for increased color saturation and LAB sharpening to avoid the halos of sharpening in RGB and have to give it a try. I have been shooting flowers in my back yard again and this is what I came up with......My wife grows lots and lots of day lilies lickout.gif

5936893-L.jpg

• Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2004
    My first post on this site. Just took some pics with my new D70.

mitch