Options

Dgrin Does DC

13»

Comments

• Options
    katevkatev Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited April 19, 2008
    Terrific shots, all. I'm for some reason a little partial to "Got to be a joker......" May need a copy of that one Adam.

You are all amazingly talented people. I will have some shots for you once I can get Dave to dig them out of his computer for me to shop.

I can't imagine living near DC and not "using it" frequently. I would be in the museums yearly if not seasonally. We enjoyed them for a week in '84 or '85 (we're really old) and could have spent a month there. And you gotta love a city that has granite curbs. It's so stuffed with granite, marble, bronze, art, architecture and gardens, there is no lack of things to photograph - or just oggle!

Now I'm looking forward to Nature's Architecture in Moab - my favorite place on earth! And looking forward to seeing you folks again!:D

Soon!

kate
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2008
    katev wrote:
    I can't imagine living near DC and not "using it" frequently. I would be in the museums yearly if not seasonally. We enjoyed them for a week in '84 or '85 (we're really old) and could have spent a month there. And you gotta love a city that has granite curbs. It's so stuffed with granite, marble, bronze, art, architecture and gardens, there is no lack of things to photograph - or just oggle!

Now I'm looking forward to Nature's Architecture in Moab - my favorite place on earth! And looking forward to seeing you folks again!:D
    I know, I know... It's too easy to take advantage of free culture though! I do have a ton of money left on my metrocard, however, so I want to go back with Trav and hit up the museums again. I think since last weekend I've been inspired. ;)

Looking forward to Moab as well - for architecture as well as the company! :D
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    I know, I know... It's too easy to take advantage of free culture though! I do have a ton of money left on my metrocard, however, so I want to go back with Trav and hit up the museums again. I think since last weekend I've been inspired. ;)

Looking forward to Moab as well - for architecture as well as the company! :D

Having just done my 10 day stay entirely on the Metro, I can tell you that you can get from Smalltimore to the DC mall, no worries :) But you already knew that... http://www.wmata.com/metrorail/systemmap.cfm
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2008
    Having just done my 10 day stay entirely on the Metro, I can tell you that you can get from Smalltimore to the DC mall, no worries :) But you already knew that... http://www.wmata.com/metrorail/systemmap.cfm

Ja I have lived in the area for 10 years now. I know I have no excuse, it's just a time/motivation thing.
  • Options
    gagodfathergagodfather Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited April 27, 2008
    info
    i will be visting the dc area starting on wed and leaving sunday. i was wondering if anyone would be as so kind to give me a heads up on some hot spots and on some night spots also. any info will be greatly apreciated and helpful. thanks in advance :D