Av( Aperture Value )
    Metering Mode
    Center-weighted averaging
    ISO Speed
    Lens
    75.0 - 300.0mm
    Focal Length
    300.0mm
    squirrel.. same one, comes back to pose...any better??? or is that blurred....
    I think this is pretty good Lynn - Perhaps the tail is slightly sharper than th eye - but this is pretty good - a little USM around the face and eye might help a little but this is certainly a nice snapshot
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,696 moderator
    edited April 1, 2004
    Wings wrote:
    Mulie
    2477806-M.jpg
    WAs this from a TV screen or what? Why are the horizontal lines in the image? Nice deer shot though!
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    WingsWings Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited April 1, 2004
    pathfinder wrote:
    WAs this from a TV screen or what? Why are the horizontal lines in the image? Nice deer shot though!
    No TV screen. I was messing around with the digital zoom. I think that's what caused the lines, not sure. I figured someone could tell me what happened.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2004
    To tell you the truth, I wouldn't use digital zoom. Optical is great, it takes you closer. but digital zoom is the equivalent of cropping yer photo. If yer gonna do that, do it after taking the shot. As you can see, it uglifies the image.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    To tell you the truth, I wouldn't use digital zoom. Optical is great, it takes you closer. but digital zoom is the equivalent of cropping yer photo. If yer gonna do that, do it after taking the shot. As you can see, it uglifies the image.
    waddaya know... uglifies is a real word.
  • Options
    WingsWings Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited April 2, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Thanks Waxie, that's the best explanation of dig zoom I've seen. I have trouble sometimes figuring out the settings on the camera because it's hard to do with gloves on, and with very little time. Wildlife getts real spooky when you pull up on a bike-with the exception of deer dead set on running into you :o)
  • Options
    peachmaanpeachmaan Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2004
    Animals headscratch.gif