If you're not fond of HDR's, what ya think of this new trend...

2»

Comments

• claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2008
    Re: Michael Bolton attacks. Snicker. All I can think of is Office Space..."Why should I change, he's the one who sucks." rolleyes1.gif
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2008
    the movie office space, now this thread is looking up:D
    instant classic.

give me my stapler back.
    Aaron Nelson
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2008
    Thanks Gus, but I shoot LF, and use the tilts, drop and rise all the time. But without the intent of making the subject look like a toy train set.

The T/S lens for the DSLR is a cool tool, and would like to try one sometime. And the countless samples of this fine art I've seen lately have all been squished in PS.rolleyes1.gif

what is squished in photoshop?rolleyes1.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2008
    And the countless samples of this fine art I've seen lately have all been squished in PS.
    Where's the squish tool in Ps? I get to the point where I think I know something.. rolleyes1.gif
  • ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2008
    SloYerRoll wrote:
    Where's the squish tool in Ps? I get to the point where I think I know something.. rolleyes1.gif

The squish tool is only in CS3, you know buried under the left hand side set that I can never find anything in.........

:hide
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2008
    Ahh that explains it. I has 3CS not CS3 thumb.gif

Mods, at least it 's still in the realm of photography rolleyes1.gif
  • Mike02Mike02 Registered Users Posts: 321 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2008
    i think its incredible, buy me one of those. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    "The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it."
    - Ansel Adams.
  • GeekyGirlGeekyGirl Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited April 26, 2008
    Thanks
    aktse wrote:
    This is well worth a watch and a listen... Sports shots via T&S by Vincent Laforet. I saw this months ago and I still remember the photos.

New York Times Photo Sports

He shot the Pipeline Masters, US Open Tennis, World Series, Kentucky Derby, Superbowl, etc -- all via a T&S.

T&S might not be for everyone, but looking at these images and listening to him speak provides his thoughts on why he shot using a T&S and why he believes it works.

Personally, I was very impressed by his work and one day, I'll will try it. He did it from the stands along with everyone all the fans and not from the special press box. It gives me hope that I can too produce great (and interesting) work in the bleachers.

Thanks for the link to this video. It was really interesting.
  • PhotoskipperPhotoskipper Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2008
    the picture looks great.
    During my poor old dates, I did not have budget to have all the lens I needed or I wanted. Tilted lens was not even a dream for me.
    In order to achieve something similar to such effect, I was told to smash a thin layer of vaseline on the rim of the filter glass. It worked well and costed me almost nothing, but the cleaning was terrible.
    Photoskipper
    flickr.com/photos/photoskipper/
  • APKAPK Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited April 26, 2008
    The 'Tilt Shift' effect?

I think they are the stupidest looking pictures ever. Hope not to offend anyone, but this is LAME-O!!

http://www.tiltshiftphotography.net/images/tutorial-images/15-voila.jpg

(Mod edit, changed image to link.)

I think it is great as it will make selling my Canon 90mm TS-E easier. Especially after the price increases of May 1st.
    AlanPK
    Bodies: 5D, D60, G9,
    Lenses: 16-35L f2.8, 24-70L f2.8, 70-200L IS f2.8, 85LII f1.2, 100 f2.0, 135L f2.0, 300L f4.0, 50CM f2.5 + LSC, 24 f3.5L TS-E
    Misc: 1.4TC, 580EX, MR-14EX