Pete- Senior Portraits- Western style!!!

2»

Comments

• jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2008
    urbanaries wrote:
    Amazing set, Jeff. I love #2, #4, and mostly #7. Brings to mind the adage that there is no such thing as correct exposure, there is only the creatively correct one. Accident or no, this one simply works!

Fantastic job, the standouts of this set are some of your finest work to date. 4 especially feels very natural, relaxed, un-staged....simply a fine portrait of a fine looking young man.

Congrats!!!!

Thanks Lynne. Finding a spot where I can contol light is easy enough with a person. A shady nook here or there? It is quite a challenge with a large animal involved. I was pleased with the results....mwink.gif

BTW this kid is 19 and has a CDL. He drives that Peterbuilt!!
    edited April 28, 2008
    CassisP wrote:
    Oooooohh I like I like.... (especialy the riding ones... Beautiful horse.iloveyou.gifrolleyes1.gif)

this is kinda gonna be my idea for Senior portraits...

A tip then from me.....

Wear old shoes!!! :D
  • javierplumeyjavierplumey Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2008
    Everyone pretty much summed up what I was going to say. I had to do a double take on number 6, for a split second he looked like a centaur!
    edited April 29, 2008
    Everyone pretty much summed up what I was going to say. I had to do a double take on number 6, for a split second he looked like a centaur!

I agree on #6.....maybe due to the horses head being turned that direction.

Thanks for commenting.
    edited April 30, 2008
    I placed the order for prints last night. I was surprised that they only got the last one here in a single 4x6. The first one here was a favorite. There were 66 proofs to choose from in the gallery. I think they got a nice mix of more traditionally posed portraits as well as the shots with th horse. I was pleased that he and his mother liked them all as I was unsure...and inexperienced with large animals being part of the compositions.

Thanks to all who commented.
  • DI-JoeDI-Joe Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2008
    Hey Jeff,

I really do like the whole set from a technical stand point. Like the others I thought you did really well with the male model.

Great photos as always Jeff.
    Modus Imagery
    Moving away from photography and into cinema. PM me if you have questions about DSLR workflow or production questions.
    Film Reel: http://vimeo.com/19955876
    edited May 1, 2008
    DI-Joe wrote:
    Hey Jeff,

I really do like the whole set from a technical stand point. Like the others I thought you did really well with the male model.

Great photos as always Jeff.

Thanks, I appreciate that....and er thanks.....if ya know what I mean.:D
  • dawssvtdawssvt Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2008
    Very nice shots. Those are definitely not everyday senior pictures.

Website
    My Smugmug

My Canon Gear:
    5DMII | 24-105mm f/4L | 45mm TS/E | 135mm f/2.0L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS | 50mm f/1.4
    | 580EX II & 430EX

edited May 3, 2008
    dawssvt wrote:
    Very nice shots. Those are definitely not everyday senior pictures.

Thanks Dawson. You are right. This is a welcomed diversion from what most of the lids seem to want in senior photos. ...and as for me....I now have the attention of his rodeo association, and fellow teenaged riders. That can only be a good thing!!!