First Time Senior Photo Shoot

2»

Comments

• super starsuper star Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2008
    Very good! That was only a picture to test my reflectors!! lol, I am excited to do my photo shoot Friday

Hope this Tip will help you...

Click her to see
  • KTBoom2006-E510KTBoom2006-E510 Registered Users Posts: 437 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2008
    super star wrote:
    Hope this Tip will help you...

Click her to see

Laughing.gif, I actually watched that when I googled reflectors... But thanks

Is there any way you could tell me what program you used to do that picture, or what you did to it?
    ~Katie~
    :barb

http://www.kc1stphotography.com

2 Canon Rebel XSi
    Tamron 70-200mm f2.8
    2 Canon 14-55mm
    Canon 55-250mm f4.0
    Canon 580EX
    Canon 580EX II
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2008
    Without reading all the comments here are just a couple of mine.

Watch the harsh sun...you totally blew out the sky in image two.

You should use some flash fill...some of your images look too dark in the face

A couple are OOF...be sure and watch your shutter speed...hard to tell what your settings were on. Can you share your exif data?

On those far off shots try center-weighted instead of evaluative metering - again I don't know your data settings.

I realize this is your first time, but avoid shooting in the harsh sun...shade will work, but be sure and have a reflector

I think you did good for a first time...much better than I ever did.

Here is a gal I took and used flash fill...this image was taken around 6:30 in the evening. After 4:00 is always better.

IMGL2561copya.jpg

Here is another one where I no choice but to shoot in the harsh sun (this is the time they (parents) wanted to shoot)...but I used flash...notice the sun is to the side of him. I totally blew out the sidewalk (which was grey), but I painted it blue in photoshop.

SmallTravisIMGL2298.jpg
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2008
    Seneca wrote:

A couple are OOF...be sure and watch your shutter speed...hard to tell what your settings were on. Can you share your exif data?

On those far off shots try center-weighted instead of evaluative metering - again I don't know your data settings.

I realize this is your first time, but avoid shooting in the harsh sun...shade will work, but be sure and have a reflector

Here is a gal I took and used flash fill...this image was taken around 6:30 in the evening. After 4:00 is always better.

IMGL2561copya.jpg

Ahhhhh.....a VERY good example...and she provided you some excellent advice as well.

Nice shot Seneca!!
    edited May 22, 2008
    Seneca wrote:

Sen

The sun was def. bright that day. I was planning on it being cloudy that day, but SUPRISE! I did try to avoid the sun, but it was everywhere that day. I just bought reflectors to fix that problem.

For the settings on my camera, I had the ISO at 100, shutter speed above 650 i think .(had to keep changing it though). and the aperature was at 4.1 which is the lowest it will go. EV was a 0 which i forgot all about that til I got home.

The metering was a box completely filled... Laughing.gif, not sure what the metering does or what to use, some help would be great with that... Please... haha But really, I need help with metering

Thanks
    ~Katie~

2 Canon Rebel XSi
    Tamron 70-200mm f2.8
    2 Canon 14-55mm
    Canon 55-250mm f4.0
    Canon 580EX
    Canon 580EX II
  • super starsuper star Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2008
    Very good! That was only a picture to test my reflectors!! lol, I am excited to do my photo shoot Friday

:ivarWaiting for your New photoshoot pictures...:ivar
    edited May 23, 2008
    super star wrote:
    :ivarWaiting for your New photoshoot pictures...:ivar

It's raining today, so photoshoot pushed back to tomorrow. Will post them though
    ~Katie~

2 Canon Rebel XSi
    Tamron 70-200mm f2.8
    2 Canon 14-55mm
    Canon 55-250mm f4.0
    Canon 580EX
    Canon 580EX II