Options

Planetbuzz - advertising oppty for pros

MarkjayMarkjay Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
edited September 19, 2008 in Mind Your Own Business
I am no longer associated with this company. I would recommend you setup a FREE display on their site... because it's FREE and it's a link back to your website and we can all use additional link backs :-)

Go to Planetbuzz.com and click on place new ad to setup your FREE display. The site is NEW and so there is not a heavy turnout on the site as yet. Check back with them in say 6 months to a year and if they are still going strong and, the site has a good traffic flow (check their Alexa Ranking etc.) you can then recommend the site to others for a FREE listing.

TIP: your email address is your login but, the email addresses do NOT need to be confirmed......
so you may not want to use your "real" email address if you do not want to be contacted by email regarding offers and such. Anything you type in the email address will work..... just remember what you typed in or you will not be able to log back in later on :-)

Thank you to all who have participated in setting up your own free displays.... and I wish you all the best of success!

Markjay
Markjay
Canon AE1 - it was my first "real camera"
Canon 20D - no more film!

Comments

• Options
    edited May 25, 2008
    sorry forgot to mention
    IF you have any questions or need help with this, please keep your questions withing THIS thread and I will respond in a timely manner.

Enjoy your free display ad!

http://planetbuzz.com
    Markjay
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2008
    How Long......
    MarkJay.......this is a great way to say thanks to such a great company.

Before setting up any type of FREE ad I always like to know for how long will it remain free?

A huge Thanks for some free advertising.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited May 25, 2008
    for how long?
    Great question:

for an ENTIRE YEAR

And remember: there is no credit card required to get that free display
    so, it's not like some of those companies who somewhere in the fine print tell you after _____ time, your card will start being charged ____ amount.

However, in this case they are actually giving you for free....
    what those online yellow business search directories are CHARGING For on a monthly basis.

So go ahead and enjoy your promo code that gets your site setup BEFORE the site even launches on June 26...and you'll get yourself free exposure for your Smugmug site.

Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

Markjay

Art Scott wrote:
    MarkJay.......this is a great way to say thanks to such a great company.

Before setting up any type of FREE ad I always like to know for how long will it remain free?

A huge Thanks for some free advertising.
    Markjay
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2008
    Whooooley Toledo.....A WHOLE YEAR FOR FREE......absolutely fantastic!!bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifclap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gifclap
    Can't beat a deal like that!!!

THANKS MARKJAY.......gonna set up it tonight.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited May 25, 2008
    Enjoy!
    No prob Scott. Enjoy the free display ad for a year :-)

Don't forget... if you don't put in the promo code I gave you mj1089, the display will not stay in the system, you are setting this up BEFORE the actual public launch! I can't emphasize that enough.

Have a nice rest of the weekend,
    Markjay

Art Scott wrote:
    Whooooley Toledo.....A WHOLE YEAR FOR FREE......absolutely fantastic!!bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifclap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gifclap
    Can't beat a deal like that!!!

THANKS MARKJAY.......gonna set up it tonight.
    Markjay
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2008
    Markjay wrote:
    No prob Scott. Enjoy the free display ad for a year :-)

Don't forget... if you don't put in the promo code I gave you mj1089, the display will not stay in the system, you are setting this up BEFORE the actual public launch! I can't emphasize that enough.

Have a nice rest of the weekend,
    Markjay
    thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gif YUP..... Got almost everything done....have even recieved a thanks for signing up note from PB.......Thanks againthumb.gif

• Options
    edited May 26, 2008
    Markjay wrote:
    Glad to see you went ahead and setup your own free dsisplay on Planetbuzz.com using promo code mj1089.

Would be cool if you could save a screen shot of it to show here at the forum how YOUR free display looks and how easy it was to set up.

If not, just enjoy the free exposure. When this thing starts to launch on June 9th here locally, then starts to spread nationally, then internationally....
    you'll have free added exposure to LOTS of business people and when the consumer side of the ADV starts to roll out (including the Super Bowl ad)
    Then you'll really be rockin!!

Have a great day today,
    markjay

Actually it took me all of 15 minutes to run thru all 5 pages....simple and this is the final page/ control area:

302033629_5usSv-L.jpg

It is a FREE AD....FREE for 1 yr......all it takes is a bit of time.....and they give you options to buy top level positioning for your area.......if all you go for is the free ad....you have nothing to loose

Imagine if all 25K+ Dgrinners were to opt in just for the FREE AD....it would blow their mindsmwink.gifrolleyes1.gif

• Options
    edited May 27, 2008
    Hey Scott.....
    Your free display ad looks great!!!

however, why didn't you setup one of your 5 customizable buttons to display photos?

Click on Change PowerAd Keys: one of them is already setup as a map for you, then you have a few others you can customize as "actions" when viewers click on them. I would setup one of them to show photos. After all, you ARE a photographer, right :-)

If you have a smugmug website, have one of the buttons setup as an action to link to your Smugmug site. When a viewer clicks on that button, it will take them right where you want them.... at your website!

That's it for now..... About 15 Dgrin members have already setup their FREE display on Planetbuzz.com using Promo code MJ1089...
    Art Scott wrote:
    Actually it took me all of 15 minutes to run thru all 5 pages....simple and this is the final page/ control area:

302033629_5usSv-L.jpg

It is a FREE AD....FREE for 1 yr......all it takes is a bit of time.....and they give you options to buy top level positioning for your area.......if all you go for is the free ad....you have nothing to loose

Imagine if all 25K+ Dgrinners were to opt in just for the FREE AD....it would blow their mindsmwink.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Markjay
  • Options
    edited May 27, 2008
    Markjay wrote:
    Your free display ad looks great!!!

however, why didn't you setup one of your 5 customizable buttons to display photos?

Click on Change PowerAd Keys: one of them is already setup as a map for you, then you have a few others you can customize as "actions" when viewers click on them. I would setup one of them to show photos. After all, you ARE a photographer, right :-)

If you have a smugmug website, have one of the buttons setup as an action to link to your Smugmug site. When a viewer clicks on that button, it will take them right where you want them.... at your website!

That's it for now..... About 15 Dgrin members have already setup their FREE display on Planetbuzz.com using Promo code MJ1089...

come on Dgriners, this is TOTALLY free advertising for your business... for an entire year!
    no credit card required, free as in costing ZERO! What are you waiting for.... an invitation? mwink.gifwinkmwink.gif

MARKJAY, Thanx for the compliments.....................

rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifI alread heard from Ben Boaz on that matter.... guess I still have work to do...but I have to get my new dot com purchased also as I do need to let everyone know that I am doing photography again...my Arthur-Scott was just a starting point since some danged consultant in France has my name alread purchased up (ArthurScott.com ) including all the really usable variantseek7.gif......enuff crying over spilt milk...now back to work..............:whip

• Options
    darkdragondarkdragon Registered Users Posts: 1,051 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2008
    Very cool. Can't wait to see the superbowl ad. thumb.gif
    ~ Lisa
  • Options
    edited May 27, 2008
    Markjay wrote:
    I can't wait to see the Super Bowl Ad also! :-) Right now...
    they are keeping that one a secret and will unveil it closer to the time.

Did you setup your own free display on the site yet?

And....
    there are even MORE free features coming! The large host of free features you are seeing is only about 85 % of what is to come. And who can complain about FREE features and FREE exposure :D

They just put a video on the front page today... make sure your speakers are on, VERY cool !!!

Mark jay

yep, signed up for my free ad today. I dont have a logo yet, will have to work on that tonight. thumb.gif
    ~ Lisa
  • Options
    edited May 27, 2008
    You DO have a logo!
    Hey, can't you just shrink that awesome image of the camera that displays on the left side of your website header / banner?

That would make for a really cool image to display on the side of your PowerAd... it doesn't necessarily have to be a logo you know.

The best size for that image on the left side of your free PowerAd display should be 140 x 105 pixels for best viewing.

Wish you the best of success,
    Markjay

darkdragon wrote:
    yep, signed up for my free ad today. I dont have a logo yet, will have to work on that tonight. thumb.gif
    Markjay
  • Options
    edited May 27, 2008
    Markjay wrote:
    Hey, can't you just shrink that awesome image of the camera that displays on the left side of your website header / banner?

That would make for a really cool image to display on the side of your PowerAd... it doesn't necessarily have to be a logo you know.

The best size for that image on the left side of your free PowerAd display should be 140 x 105 pixels for best viewing.

Markjay

yeah, that was the plan - i have to do it after i get home tonight though. :D
    ~ Lisa
  • Options
    DizzleDizzle Registered Users Posts: 240 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2008
    Have started on mine. Thank you MJ!!!!!
    Dizzle
    DeNic Photography | Portfolio | Group Blog
    Canon 50D | 50 1.8 | 17-50 2.8 | 70-200 4L
  • Options
    edited May 29, 2008
    Smart!
    You are VERY smart to take advantage of this opportunity....
    what smart business person turns away a freebie that is actually free?

Remember: your listing will appear with all the others...
    at last count I see that lots of photographers have taken this opportunity to
    have their business displayed on Planetbuzz
    Good luck with your free display ad.

Markjay
    Dizzle wrote:
    Have started on mine. Thank you MJ!!!!!
    Markjay
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2008
    thanks, i will look into this.thumb.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2008
    Just set my add up!!! Thanks a bunch... hopefully my site will get some traffic, and if I'm real lucky some picture sales!

Thanks Markjay!
  • Options
    edited May 30, 2008
    Hmmmm...the ad that I started I can't seem to access any more. When I login the info that is in the contact page is for a test account.

When I try to re-enter the info I get an error and if I try to reregister it says my info already exists.

Any thoughts? I did enter your promo code when I did the initial ad.
    Dizzle
  • Options
    edited May 30, 2008
    Try this
    1. Make SURE you are starting at www.planetbuzz.com
    2. click the Sign On link top right of the home page
    3. enter the email address you used to setup your account with
    (that's your log in) and enter your password.

What that should do is, take you to your display ad is it is now (however far along you got in setting it up, that's what will appear) and, your Master Menu above it.... where you can make your display changes.

Remember, use the Sign on link top right of page, NOT the two boxes requesting a phone and zip code.

Let me know if that helps? IF not, I'll get the "real" tech guru to get you squared away.

Markjay
    Markjay
  • Options
    edited May 30, 2008
    Super Bowl commercial!!!
    I got a chance to see the 30 second Super Bowl commercial that will be shown during the 2009 Super Bowl.........

it's hysterically funny and you will likely NOT forget it!!
    Can't comment any further on that now but, just a heads up on it.

Markjay
    Markjay
  • Options
    edited May 30, 2008
    Build, promote, invest...and they will come
    Hey VisualXpressions, I can't promise you picture sales but, I can assure you there WILL be traffic once this gets off the ground.

this is no game, they are in this for the challenge of building something BIG and in some ways, totally unique in it's industry.

And, your welcome. Enjoy.

LIke I said......
    Giving back to the load of help people from Dgrin have given me in coding and setting up my website when I ran into a roadblock... which was often :-)

Just set my add up!!! Thanks a bunch... hopefully my site will get some traffic, and if I'm real lucky some picture sales!

Thanks Markjay!
    Markjay
  • Options
    edited May 30, 2008
    That is exactly what I did and when I logged in I got the enter company info page with a bunch of test info entered.

dizzle@23photos.com is the e-mail addy I used so I doubt its a double entry.

Markjay wrote:
    1. Make SURE you are starting at www.planetbuzz.com
    2. click the Sign On link top right of the home page
    3. enter the email address you used to setup your account with
    (that's your log in) and enter your password.

What that should do is, take you to your display ad is it is now (however far along you got in setting it up, that's what will appear) and, your Master Menu above it.... where you can make your display changes.

Remember, use the Sign on link top right of page, NOT the two boxes requesting a phone and zip code.

Let me know if that helps? IF not, I'll get the "real" tech guru to get you squared away.

Markjay
    Dizzle
  • Options
    edited May 30, 2008
    Your ok now :-)
    You should be all squared away now... I logged in as you and it worked perfectly, smoothly, without a hitch. You are welcome to confirm all is well via email if you like or here in the forum.

Markjay

Dizzle wrote:
    That is exactly what I did and when I logged in I got the enter company info page with a bunch of test info entered.

Markjay
  • Options
    edited May 30, 2008
    Dizzle........
    I went in and corrected the url you were showing as a link to your Galleries in your PowerAd keys (top of your display ad). You can change that of course but, I think that' where you were intending to take the viewers when clicked.

Also, it would be really cool if you could display a screenshot of your ad here in the forum so other photographers can see how cool it looks and tell them how easy it was to setup your FREE / complimentary display ad on the the site. BTW, I LOVE your logo! I have saved a screenshot already. If you wish, I can display it but, I think it best if it came from you.

Night,
    Markjay
    Dizzle wrote:

Markjay
  • Options
    Ken LappKen Lapp Registered Users Posts: 123 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2008
    Just set up my account
    Thanks Markjay!

Very easy to do, and only took a few minutes. Looking forward to the new additions.

Here is a screen shot:
    304415565_SLA3S-L.jpg
    Ken Lapp, White Hawk Images
    Portrait, Wedding & Event Photography

• Options
    edited May 31, 2008
    Thank so much for getting me back on track!

2537293375_9cd96888da_o.jpg

I need to sit down and fix up the logo a bit, did that quick to get something up.

Thanks a ton!!!
    Dizzle
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2008
    Great start!
    Your logo looks great! Maybe... if you want to take that same logo and put in over /layered a light grey background as a "square frame" and let it stand out / alone a bit more with your template info on the right. And you could place a slightly smaller logo so there's more "white space" on either side of it.

I noticed your screenshot is taken while you were editing your PowerAd Keys... that's a great thing to show every one here, that they can edit and customize those action keys to either link to a video, photos, ?

you can also make mention at the bottom of your text description area that clicking on the three stars will ______ and set that up as a custom action as well. Maybe feature a photo?

Markjay
    Dizzle wrote:
    Thank so much for getting me back on track!

2537293375_9cd96888da_o.jpg

I need to sit down and fix up the logo a bit, did that quick to get something up.

Thanks a ton!!!
    Markjay
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2008
    Yeah, I just took a quick grab from my business card template and resized it for the logo. on Monday or tuesday when i have more time I will make a true Square logo and do something with it.

I think for my 3 Star I am goign to create a "proof sheet" type image with a few different photos on it and link to it and will do as suggested with the ad text.

Thanks again for everything!
    Markjay wrote:
    Your logo looks great! Maybe... if you want to take that same logo and put in over /layered a light grey background as a "square frame" and let it stand out / alone a bit more with your template info on the right. And you could place a slightly smaller logo so there's more "white space" on either side of it.

I noticed your screenshot is taken while you were editing your PowerAd Keys... that's a great thing to show every one here, that they can edit and customize those action keys to either link to a video, photos, ?

you can also make mention at the bottom of your text description area that clicking on the three stars will ______ and set that up as a custom action as well. Maybe feature a photo?

Markjay
    Dizzle
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2008
    RE: Proof sheet display
    Dizzle: did you notice you can actually link to a PDF OR JPG?
    A PDF would work well for a proof sheet action on your three stars.
    Of course, you could also create a .jpg proof sheet and that might
    be easier for most to view (avoiding anyone not having Adobe or
    Foxit Reader on their PC already to read PDF's)

Have a great time! :-) with your Planetbuzz.com display ad!

Markjay

Dizzle Wrote:
    I think for my 3 Star I am goign to create a "proof sheet" type image with a few different photos on it and link to it and will do as suggested with the ad text.

Thanks again for everything!
    Markjay
  • Options
    Scott CrouseScott Crouse Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited June 1, 2008
    Thank you so much for the opportunity to sign up.

Just 1 problem, I'm here in Canada and we have a postal code vice a zip code. The webpage shows enter a postal code, but it wants a 5 or 9 digit code. A postal code is 6 digits (letters and numbers mixed).

Any ideas?
    Scott

Scott Crouse Photography

"...Displaying the Beauty of our World"

Chesterville, Ontario
    My Website
    E-mail Me
    (613) 448-4310