Options

JUST DELETED ENTIRE card

LUCKYSHOTLUCKYSHOT Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
edited June 3, 2008 in Digital Darkroom
Dont ask me how because I dont know , but while uploading pics from a Sandisk card I somehow not only deleted contents of card but the folder I uploaded them to, yes I also emptied my recyle pail. If it matters , I have Vista on my laptop. It has been a very long day, Is there any way to recover these pictures?
Any help would be greatly appreciated
chris
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
:whip

WWW.LONGISLANDIMAGE.COM

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,919 moderator
    edited June 1, 2008
    Have you tried the card's recovery software? If you haven't; you should.
    That might help get stuff back.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    OffTopicOffTopic Registered Users Posts: 521 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2008
    LUCKYSHOT wrote:
    Dont ask me how because I dont know , but while uploading pics from a Sandisk card I somehow not only deleted contents of card but the folder I uploaded them to, yes I also emptied my recyle pail. If it matters , I have Vista on my laptop. It has been a very long day, Is there any way to recover these pictures?
    chris

Seems like everyone has their favorite program - I had very good results with Card Recovery, http://www.cardrecovery.com/ when I not only formatted the card, but also started overwriting (by taking more photos). What I liked best is that is allows you to use a trial version of the program to see if the images actually could be recovered, and then you only have to purchase the program after you verify that it will work specifically in your situation and you want to recover and save the images.
  • Options
    Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2008
    I think Sandisk has a recovery program that you can download and buy.
    As long as you haven't formatted the card or written over it with another image, you should be able to recover it.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2008
    LUCKYSHOT wrote:
    chris

A really great recovery software , like Lexar's Image Rescue will recover all of your files, raw and jpg at the same time....this is the ony solution I know of. Image Rescue works on all brands of cards as far as I know....I have tried it on Lexar (of course it was on my cards for free cost about $30 stand alone), PNY, TRanscend and Kingston...........and it worked great...it does change the numbering on your files but that is so minor if you can recover your files.......there are a bunch of free ware out there but I have not found one that is any good.....most only give you thumb size recovered files and none recover raw that I have found.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited June 2, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    A really great recovery software , like Lexar's Image Rescue will recover all of your files, raw and jpg at the same time....this is the ony solution I know of. Image Rescue works on all brands of cards as far as I know....I have tried it on Lexar (of course it was on my cards for free cost about $30 stand alone), PNY, TRanscend and Kingston...........and it worked great...it does change the numbering on your files but that is so minor if you can recover your files.......there are a bunch of free ware out there but I have not found one that is any good.....most only give you thumb size recovered files and none recover raw that I have found.

Any idea on a safe site to buy a downloadable version from? I am not a big fan of freeware (nothing is ever truly free) and I dont want to wait to order it?
    Thanks again
    Chris

WWW.LONGISLANDIMAGE.COM
  • Options
    edited June 2, 2008
    LUCKYSHOT wrote:
    Any idea on a safe site to buy a downloadable version from? I am not a big fan of freeware (nothing is ever truly free) and I dont want to wait to order it?
    Thanks again
    Chris
    www.lexar.com
    www.amazon.com/Lexar-IR437-Rescue-Software-Package/dp/B0006ZSWCM
  • Options
    edited June 2, 2008
    LUCKYSHOT wrote:
    Thanks again
    Chris

Almost at the bottom of this PAGE.............Giving you the option for Windows up tp XP and even a few Mac options......looks like the downloads do not include Vista or ME( uh imagine that nothing for ME......)
    Did not look at the infor for the boxed version......I would loan any one my version by FTP (I am using SMARt FTP....just PM me)
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited June 3, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    Almost at the bottom of this PAGE.............Giving you the option for Windows up tp XP and even a few Mac options......looks like the downloads do not include Vista or ME( uh imagine that nothing for ME......)
    Did not look at the infor for the boxed version......I would loan any one my version by FTP (I am using SMARt FTP....just PM me)
    Art (and all)
    thanks for the help, I went to Berger Brothers (on Long island ) and picked up Sandisk recover pro 3.2. It worked like a charm
    Thanks for all the recomdations everybody

chris

WWW.LONGISLANDIMAGE.COM
  • Options
    edited June 3, 2008
    LUCKYSHOT wrote:
    It worked like a charm
    Most excellent!
  • Options
    edited June 3, 2008
    LUCKYSHOT wrote:
    Art (and all)
    thanks for the help, I went to Berger Brothers (on Long island ) and picked up Sandisk recover pro 3.2. It worked like a charm
    Thanks for all the recomdations everybody

chris

thumb.gifthumbFANTASTIC.....I really think a good recovery software is a tool just almost as important as PS is......thumb.gifthumb

Glad I could be of help.......