Hailing all Huey users....

2»

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2008
    GMSweet wrote:
    Art,

I just got the same offer. After looking at the reviews on Amazon, I'm going to take them up on it. I appreciate that Pantone is attempting to make it right by providing this option. After submitting the problem through their website, I had to send 3 requests for updates (I got tired of waiting on hold after an hour) with the final request being an "improvement feedback" stating that a manager should be reviewing the case so that a customer can at least get a response regarding the problem. I'm going to move away from the Huey setups and hopefully have success with the X-Rite. I'll post back once I get the X-Rite.

Thanks,

Matt

I will post back also as soon as I see something from them.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited August 5, 2008
    Pantone going to send Eye-One Display LT to replace Huey
    Just got email from Pantone: going to send Eye-One Display LT to replace Huey.
    I replied with thanx and asking what do I do with Huey.....send it back? they replied with in Minutes...don't bother sending back......so just a minute ago there was a somewhat loud thump in the trash can....Huey hitting the bottom followed by box and papers.....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    I replied with thanx and asking what do I do with Huey.....send it back? they replied with in Minutes...don't bother sending back......so just a minute ago there was a somewhat loud thump in the trash can....Huey hitting the bottom followed by box and papers.....

How do I do get this offer? ear.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    GMSweetGMSweet Registered Users Posts: 6 Big grins
    edited August 11, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    Art,

After no communication from Pantone since my last post, I emailed them today for a status check. It looks like they shipped my replacement unit last week and I should have it tomorrow. Hopefully this ordeal should be over soon.

@DavidTO - I would call Pantone if you are having the same problems. The support staff are very slow to respond via the website/email. However, I spent over an hour on hold (toll free number though) trying to speak to someone. In total, I've spent around two months now waiting for a resolution and it required me checking in on a weekly basis. I believe they simply had no options for the first month of my wait. They've got a defective product that they either can't correct or the manufacturing plant is so bogged down the can't get new parts. It's too bad they're generating so much e-waste by having us just throw the parts away.

Thanks,

Matt
  • Options
    edited August 11, 2008
    GMSweet wrote:
    Art,

After no communication from Pantone since my last post, I emailed them today for a status check. It looks like they shipped my replacement unit last week and I should have it tomorrow. Hopefully this ordeal should be over soon.

@DavidTO - I would call Pantone if you are having the same problems. The support staff are very slow to respond via the website/email. However, I spent over an hour on hold (toll free number though) trying to speak to someone. In total, I've spent around two months now waiting for a resolution and it required me checking in on a weekly basis. I believe they simply had no options for the first month of my wait. They've got a defective product that they either can't correct or the manufacturing plant is so bogged down the can't get new parts. It's too bad they're generating so much e-waste by having us just throw the parts away.

Thanks,

Matt

Got mine today.....UPS just left it.wings.gifivarclap.gif

• Options
    edited August 11, 2008
    DavidTO wrote:
    How do I do get this offer? ear.gif

I just started a communication (complaint) with pantone at their contact us ask a question.....told them when purchased from BH and that it was leaving a red cast to everything....it took almost 4 days to get a reply.....I also reiterated that I am doing Pro Photography and that every day without a calibrated monitor is a loss of money as I cannot guarantee how my work will look printed.....
    and the rest I have in this thread as to how long before a Huey replacement would take to arrive (to pantone by end of July) then another few weeks to get to me....then they suspendedall shipping until they could find the reason for the bad copies that had shipped and then the offer came for the eye 1 lt.....which arrived today......have things to do rest of day hope to start installing tomorrow.

• Options
    GMSweetGMSweet Registered Users Posts: 6 Big grins
    edited August 23, 2008
    GMSweet wrote:
    Art,

Alrighty, I can now consider this ordeal over. I've had the replacement for 2 weeks (X-Rite Display LT) and I've been through the calibration cycle a couple of times. So far, it seems to do what it said it would. The instructions are very thin, but I made it through (yes, I'm one of those who likes to read the manual/help file first). The meter is supposed to just hang in front of the monitor, but it just would not lay flat on mine. Thankfully, it has little suction cups like the huey that allows it to stay.

All in all, my prints look closer to what I see on screen now and the colors seem more "real".

The conclusion from my point of view is... avoid the huey. It may work for you and it may be the best thing since sliced bread, but if it doesn't work, your are in for quite a headache to replace it. Pantone finally made it right, but it took over two months of weekly reminders to Pantone to get it straight. I would love to see how different a huey profile would be compared to what I have, but that just isn't going to happen. Hopefully Pantone can get the problem resolved and ship a good product again.

Thanks for reading. And Art, I hope you've had the same success.

Thanks,

Matt
  • Options
    rukvarukva Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited September 11, 2008
    So is it safe to buy a huey pro yet, I saw one on e-bay for $AUS110? ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    rukva wrote:
    So is it safe to buy a huey pro yet, I saw one on e-bay for $AUS110? ne_nau.gif

The only way to know is to contact Pantone and ask point blank.....if they are only shipping good huey's ........ or don't take a chance and get somethng in the way of the eye-one display LT.......got mine and then monitor took a hit (electrical spike) and I am waitng on replcement to see how my eye-one display LT works.....very glad Matt's worked for him.

• Options
    rukvarukva Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    Art Scott wrote:
    The only way to know is to contact Pantone and ask point blank.....if they are only shipping good huey's ........ or don't take a chance and get somethng in the way of the eye-one display LT.......got mine and then monitor took a hit (electrical spike) and I am waitng on replcement to see how my eye-one display LT works.....very glad Matt's worked for him.

Thanks Art, I will contact them.....
  • Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2008
    I got the same replacement. I was told that my old Huey was not compatible with Windows Vista. Despite their best efforts to update drivers, their only solution was to replace the units.

Great customer service from Pantone. Nice to see that they really stood behind their product. My new unit is excellent.thumb.gif
  • Options
    Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2008
    I think there may be a touch of magenta in the white shirt. It's a bit overexposed on my monitor, which btw is also calibrated with a Huey.
    Do you have any pics with white, gray, and black? Or something that everyone has a reference to like the American flag?
  • Options
    Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2008
    Mitchell wrote:
    I got the same replacement. I was told that my old Huey was not compatible with Windows Vista. Despite their best efforts to update drivers, their only solution was to replace the units.

Great customer service from Pantone. Nice to see that they really stood behind their product. My new unit is excellent.thumb.gif
    On my new Vista laptop, I would notice that the Huey would set off when a new program was started, so I ended up by opening up the "preference" menu and whenever it changes the colors back to uncalibrated, I just reclick on the "corrected" button and it gets calibrated again.

Stupid work around but it works for me.