Son and his sweetheart

2»

Comments

• jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2008
    SitterS wrote:
    Jeff really nice photo. I was reviewing your tips on shooting seniors tonight. Really like your lighting! I am just venturing out with my flash. I have the 580EX. Had a few questions if you don't mind.

1. Do you shoot on AV or manual?

Both.
    Indoors...usually always manual. Outdoors, usually always AV. But I move around a lot outdoors and only use AV since the light is changing so much from shot to shot. If I were going to one spot outdoors for one shot....I'd probably go manual.
    2. If AV and using flash, what metering mode do you mostly use?
    I use evaluative. My camera has no spot meter. Center weighted seems to not look that much different than evaluative
    Trying to get the fill without it looking like flash. Any tips to offer? Worked mostly in manual today with flash and the results weren't too bad.
    My goal is to lift existing shadows, but not eliminate them....while trying not to cast any either. FEC is your friend.

Shane[/quote]
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2008
    Swartzy wrote:
    Yes....a proud PaPa :D. Nice shots Jeff. Geez...you have like 3 leaving the house in a matter of a year and a half or so, eh? Then what???? You might have money to buy some more equipment....chances are, they'll call from college with the "key words"...I Need...Laughing.gif

Very nice photos. Loving your processing.

Hi Swartzy,

Thanks.
    Yes. They are growing up, but as of yet none have flown the nest. There will be a bit more room here in August when Tina starts college. My son had planned to go to Texas for several months with his job, but his plans changed and he is just starting a new project here.

Sure. I want more gear, but not sure that is the trade I want to make to get it.ne_nau.gif

Thanks again, the processing is of course pretty conservative....but that is what I like!