Options

Zagg Invisible Shield 20% Discount

2»

Comments

• Options
    bobbigrebobbigre Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited June 17, 2008
    I could use a code
    If anyone still has a code, I would appreciate one. You can email me.

Thanks
  • Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2008
    bobbigre wrote:
    If anyone still has a code, I would appreciate one. You can email me.

Thanks
    Hey Bob,

Welcome to dgin! wave.gif
    Since there are multiple people w/ codes. It's probably better if you contact someone specific via Private Message (PM).

This helps avoid confusion when multiple people are going after the same thing.

All the best,
    -Jon
  • Options
    f-l-i-pf-l-i-p Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited June 20, 2008
    hi
    hi guys and gals :)
    if anybody has an available discount code may i get one as well. if so, that would be greatly appreciated. thanks a bunch!
  • Options
    GirardianGirardian Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited July 8, 2008
    Quick question from a Newbie

(By the way, I met the SmugMug founders at a tech gathering some time ago -- I live in Mountain View)

Are the Zagg coupons stackable? I'm ordering three items and have a 30% discount -- are other discounts applicable to this total or does only one apply?
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2008
    Probably doesn't belong in the Flea Market, but here goes.

I got my iPhone yesterday, and my Invisible Shield today. I put it on about an hour ago. It's not easy. Luckily I had done a few others before. This was the toughest of all. The corners just did not want to cooperate.

Anyway, here's my advice to those who are undertaking this endeavor.

Make sure you have a lot of good light. A goose neck desklamp, or even better one of those magnifying glass lamps. :D

Take it slow.

Be patient. Really PATIENT. I thought my corners were hosed, but I just stuck with it, kept pushing them down, sorting them out. It all worked out. It's never perfect, but I'm really happy with how mine came out.

If you're not happy with the lining up early on, take it off, wet it again and start over. Small areas like the corners will work themselves out, but if you've got a major alignment problem, get it off and fix it before it starts to adhere too much.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    photobugphotobug Registered Users Posts: 633 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2008
    I could use one of those codes, too :-)
    I'd love one of the Zagg discount codes. To be honest, I've lost track of who has one left and who doesn't. If anyone does have one left, please contact me via email. I'll acknowledge in the forum (by editing this message) when I receive one, to avoid duplicates.

Thanks!
    Canon EOS 7D ........ 24-105 f/4L | 50 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8L IS + 1.4x II TC ........ 580EX
    Supported by: Benro C-298 Flexpod tripod, MC96 monopod, Induro PHQ1 head
    Also play with: studio strobes, umbrellas, softboxes, ...and a partridge in a pear tree...

• Options
    EmpyreanEmpyrean Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited July 17, 2008
    I don't mean to hijack the thread but you probably don't need a coupon if you order from www.bestskinsever.com. Check their FAQ and they claim they are the exact same material and considerably cheaper.

For instance, iPhone total body from Zagg is $24.95. From Bestskinsever it is $7.99. Big difference. Thought some of you might want to know about this.

--AJ
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2008
    Empyrean wrote:
    I don't mean to hijack the thread but you probably don't need a coupon if you order from www.bestskinsever.com. Check their FAQ and they claim they are the exact same material and considerably cheaper.

For instance, iPhone total body from Zagg is $24.95. From Bestskinsever it is $7.99. Big difference. Thought some of you might want to know about this.

--AJ

Looks interesting. They offer the same kind of guarantee? Although at that price I'm not sure it's all that necessary.

Funny thing is, it probably costs them $.30 to make the damn things!
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2008
    Dang at that price, there is no risk....placing my order for one for my Blackberry.
  • Options
    EmpyreanEmpyrean Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited July 17, 2008
    It doesn't have the guarantee like the other does. Who cares at that price. They material they use is supposedly used to cover helicopter blades.

--AJ
  • Options
    jrkyjrky Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited July 21, 2008
    Hi, does anybody have any discounts for this? it looks cool, i would like to order one for my iphone =)

Thanks!
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2008
    jrky wrote:
    Hi, does anybody have any discounts for this? it looks cool, i would like to order one for my iphone =)

Thanks!
    :nah
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=100024
  • Options
    fiaz18fiaz18 Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited July 23, 2008
    I already have my iphone...need the invisibleshield ...i'll take one if it is still available
    gluwater wrote:
    I'll take the other if it's still available
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2008
    fiaz18 wrote:
    I already have my iphone...need the invisibleshield ...i'll take one if it is still available
    Just to be sure, you did see this thread? http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=100024
  • Options
    aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2008
    For those still looking for Zagg discounts codes, FatWallet has listed one. I don't know when it expires, but it's currently valid.

FW Zagg deal
    • Buy any two items and receive 20% off on all items $9.95 or more
    • Buy any three items and receive 30% off on all items $9.95 or more
    • Receive a free dash-pad (rubber pad for your car's dash to keep things from sliding) on all orders over $50
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2008
    Bestskinsever
    I received my BestSkinsEver for my Blackberry. I paid $6.99 for a full body kit. It arrived in a business envelope, an instruction sheet and the skin itself. Very minimal and without fuss...just what I expect for $6.99.

The skin for the Blackberry 8130 are actually 6 pieces, the largest being the back. Instructions tell you to make up some soapy water and dip the skin in. My first attempt (on an iPod) showed I didn't have enough soap, so when I did the Blackberry, I added a good sized squirt, and it helped a great deal.

The skins can be tedious to put on, you must line it up right, and get the right amount of lubrication on it, but you get the hang of it. its easy to peel off and start again, at least in the first few minutes. Afterwards, removing stretches the skin, causing it to be destroyed.

Once on, you really can not tell it is there. The device feels different, for sure, but there is no reflection problems etc. A great deal, I suggest you go out and buy them.

I respectfully disagree with Andy: this is worth it. It may not be worth $25, but certainly worth $7. And it does prevent scratches very well. I have no worries tossing my phone and keys in my pocket. My iPod got scratched terribly as a result, but I have put a skin over it now, to avoid it getting worse.

ps: I actually ordered the screen cover for the Blackberry,rather than the full body kit, by mistake. I clicked the wrong part. When the skins arrived, I quickly discovered my mistake, and emailed Bestskinsever to ask if they could sell me the 'rest' of the Blackberry skin kit or if I should reorder. Their reply: replacement skin is in the mail. They sent me a whole body kit, without comment...and this was entirely my fault! So, yes, I will buy again, and yes, I recommend them!