Thanks!

T :D

www.studioTphotos.com

"Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons."
    ----Ruth Ann Schubacker
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited August 7, 2008
    tlee wrote:
    I make a selection around the circle, then reverse the selection, and change the background to black.

Thanks. I was afraid you were going to say that. :D Now I just need to figure out how to make a clean circular selection. 11doh.gif I'll figure it out. Thanks for a great thread! thumb.gif
  • tleetlee Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2008
    kdog wrote:
    Thanks. I was afraid you were going to say that. :D Now I just need to figure out how to make a clean circular selection. 11doh.gif I'll figure it out. Thanks for a great thread! thumb.gif

Easier than you think. Assuming you have PS : right click on the Marquee tool, and choose the Elliptical marquee tool. Put the + at the edge of what you want inside the circle, hold down the shift key and left click, keeping both held down, move the mouse to increase the size of the circle. Once you get the size you want, let go of both. You can now move your mouse to center/place the circle where you want. Once placed, then you can select inverse, and fill in with black--or any color. I am not very good at tutorials--so, I hope this is somewhat helpful.

www.studioTphotos.com

----Ruth Ann Schubacker
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited August 7, 2008
    Hey, that was hugely helpful, Tlee! Although, if I understood your directions, I found it a bit putzy to draw a circle and reposition it. How does one know the exact size to make the circle if it's not positioned properly?

Instead, I came up with a variant of your technique which seems quicker and more precise. At least it is for me.

1) Turn on View->Show->Grid
    2) Using elipse marque tool, place cross on dead center grid intersection, which gives visual feedback when you are exactly placed.
    3) Press CTRL+ALT+MB1 and drag cursor to the lower right hand corner of the screen. Travel towards center a bit to precisely control diameter if necessary, and release.

Voila! :D

IMG_6052_ac.jpgIMG_5978_ac.jpgIMG_5977_ac.jpgIMG_5994_ac.jpg
  • tleetlee Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2008
    Glad I was able to help.

www.studioTphotos.com

----Ruth Ann Schubacker