Options

>>>Mini Challenge #7 SELF PORTRAIT<<<

13»

Comments

• Options
    kungalooshkungaloosh Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited July 26, 2008
    thumb.gif hey new guy! KUNGALOOSH! shot while a vacation? & nice car eh!

thanks, yeah, 2 different kinds of cruises I guess :)

Carribean and classic car
  • Options
    PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2008
    Paul your added entry this is simply wonderful, pls share some wizardly secrets with us that just dont know how to produce something like this.(ok me)

how did you get the exposure for the bg in the globe but not past the globe? selective tool around it all and layer on black BG? or is it simply using a black backdrop?

are these PS lensflares?

Thanks for the compliment Aaron. Sorry I'm getting to this response so late...

I took the Escheresque portrait a couple months after getting my camera in '06 and I knew even less then than I do now about the technical aspects of taking a photo. I was still shooting everything in jpg & pretty much trial & error. I shot well over a hundred frames and only got one or two that were in focus and exposed well.

I set up a piece of black fabric on a step ladder for a back drop and put the camera on a tripod just behind my shoulder and set the camera on interval timer to shoot about 5 shots at a time about a few seconds apart. I used one of them for a "daily photo" on smugmug.

When this theme rolled around I went back through the batch of them and found this frame. Now that I have my own copy of Photoshop, I ran it through the high pass filter for sharpening and added the lens flare to spruce it up a bit (50-300mm@33% & 105mm@70%) (got the idea for the flare from CookieS's "Field of Dreams" in the just ended photo filters challenge).

Thanks for asking.
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2008
    Thanks for the compliment Aaron. Sorry I'm getting to this response so late...

I took the Escheresque portrait a couple months after getting my camera in '06 and I knew even less then than I do now about the technical aspects of taking a photo. I was still shooting everything in jpg & pretty much trial & error. I shot well over a hundred frames and only got one or two that were in focus and exposed well.

I set up a piece of black fabric on a step ladder for a back drop and put the camera on a tripod just behind my shoulder and set the camera on interval timer to shoot about 5 shots at a time about a few seconds apart. I used one of them for a "daily photo" on smugmug.

When this theme rolled around I went back through the batch of them and found this frame. Now that I have my own copy of Photoshop, I ran it through the high pass filter for sharpening and added the lens flare to spruce it up a bit (50-300mm@33% & 105mm@70%) (got the idea for the flare from CookieS's "Field of Dreams" in the just ended photo filters challenge).

Thanks for asking.

ok, thanks, well it workout very well imho. it just looks so different to have expo going past behind you but not forward past the globe...those black backdrops sure come in handy...maybe i will get one....
    Aaron Nelson