So Much Potential... Ruined Shot

2»

Comments

• geospatial_junkiegeospatial_junkie Registered Users Posts: 707 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    I'm digging revision 1. #2 does look colder and has a lot more pop! but I like number 1 because it's realxing to look at and I still get the cold feel, I just like it better. I'm usually wrong, though.rolleyes1.gif

There is no "wrong" answer here. I can see why you like what you like and I respect that opinion and take it into consideration or else I wouldn't be posting this here!:D

I dig the warm tone too.
    "They've done studies you know. Sixty-percent of the time, it works every time."

My Website
    My Photo Blog
    Twitter Feed
  • cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    There is no "wrong" answer here. I can see why you like what you like and I respect that opinion and take it into consideration or else I wouldn't be posting this here!:D
    I dig the warm tone too.

We've discussed ad nauseum why I'm always wrong. I blame art school. rolleyes1.gif
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    I like the colors of the water in revision #2, especially the darker foreground. But there is a bit too much pink in the clouds for me. Overall, I also like the colder feel and I think you've captured it in revision #1.

Seems like we have a few Buffett fans in this thread--I'm very jealous of MJR!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • MJRPHOTOMJRPHOTO Registered Users Posts: 432 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    Wow... very cool. How did it go?
    It went great. The waves that day were not good at all but the next weekend we got some better shots. He is hoping to use some for his slideshow at his concert here in August. I hope to be shooting at the show also!!!!wings.gif

Don't worry I wont tell him you put him in your photo. :D
    www.mjrphoto.net
    Nikon D4, Nikon D3, Nikon D3
    Nikon 14-24 f2.8, Nikon 24-70 f2.8, Nikon 70-200 f2.8 VR II, Nikon 50 f1.8, Nikon 85 f1.4
    Nikon 300 f2.8 VR, Nikon 200-400 f4.0 VR II, Nikon 600 f4.0 II, TC-1.4, TC 1.7, TC 2.0
    (1) SB-800, (2) SB-900, (4) Multi Max Pocket Wizards
    edited July 18, 2008
    How did you land the gig?
    "They've done studies you know. Sixty-percent of the time, it works every time."

My Website
    My Photo Blog
    Twitter Feed
    edited July 18, 2008
    Final Result. Thanks everyone for your help!

333654520_ireYT-X3.jpg

To:
    334126585_AfRXG-X3.jpg

My Website
    My Photo Blog
    Twitter Feed
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    OK, this is very crud, but if this were mine I would go in this direction.

Sorry about the small size. eek7.gif

Sam
    edited July 18, 2008
    Thanks Sam. its a little tough to see with the size. The only thing I'm not liking is the abberations in the sky.

In essence, though, you've kept much of the original?

My Website
    My Photo Blog
    Twitter Feed
    edited July 18, 2008
    The sky is unfortunately, one of the inherint problems with shot and is flat and un-interesting until the fog hits the treeline. I think I have gotten over it enough though, to place this with my others on one of my hallways in the basement.

My Website
    My Photo Blog
    Twitter Feed
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    I'd say the best one is somewhere between photo 2 and 3.
  • cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    The sky is unfortunately, one of the inherint problems with shot and is flat and un-interesting until the fog hits the treeline. I think I have gotten over it enough though, to place this with my others on one of my hallways in the basement.
    I like the negative [positive?] space. It helps draw the eye along the shoreline and out to sea. It's unobtrusive and really emphasizes the beauty of the water. It's almost monochromatic... almost. Plus it's like the clouds are coming down for a swim.:D
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    I like the final version. I think Sam has a good idea with some texture to the clouds, but I think it detracts too much from the rest of it. As is, I am really drawn to the edge of the beach and the driftwood.

Wow, this is the most I've participated in a thread since I joined! It was fun--I hope I can generate some discussion like this with one of my pics.

Cheers,
    Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2008
    redleash wrote:
    Wow, this is the most I've participated in a thread since I joined! It was fun--I hope I can generate some discussion like this with one of my pics.

Go for it!! :D

(Jimmy Buffet isn't even entirely required)